DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
But the concert does not matter. I know, it's hard to accept it, but whether she succeed or fail, does not matter. :LOL:
But that is funny, that you are willing to practice a Fucking song for her, in multiple time, but The one time she ask you out on a date you reject her:LOL: for some misguided greater good
:LOL:
But then again, you can flip that coin and keep looping this never ending argument.
You can say that MC is willing to do basically anything for Jill, even practicing a song and play with her in a recital, but the one time he doesn't choose her over anything else she tells him to fuck off.
I can understand both sides of this argument and I honestly can't tell which one makes more sense, but one thing is for certain, this will keep being discussed until after the game is complete...

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I disagree - assuming Derek really was sick and not just using a sniffle as an excuse to goof off. My main run already turned down both Sage and Jill so it's not like I was getting sex out of it either way, but I still think helping Sage is the right call simply because she needs immediate help and asked for it first; Jill's picnic can and should wait. That wouldn't change if Derek took Sage's role. The fundamental problem is that Jill's picnic request isn't reasonable.
She having a flu, All she need is a handkerchief and coldrex :LOL: , and she is in a place with full of friends around her.
The only thing that is annoying about this, is that MC automatically tell her, he gonna visit her.
I don't know why folks make it this to be bigger than what it is. Girl you like show, up, ask you out on a date, you reject her, and she took it as you are not interested in her, simple.

If it was Mc's father who is sick, and Jill not understanding, I total get you point, but Sage is just a random girl , MC dating with multiple girls, Jill know this. She might simply not belive this and see it as an exuse.

And I know, it's not only unheard but it never even ever happened, that someone cancels a previous plan, over a better opportunity:LOL:.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
But the concert does not matter. I know, it's hard to accept it, but whether she succeed or fail, does not matter. :LOL:
But that is funny, that you are willing to practice a Fucking song for her, in multiple time, but The one time she ask you out on a date you reject her:LOL: for some misguided greater good
:LOL:
I wonder if later on in a future episode, whether or not you helped her will have an impact on a Jill-focused playthrough. I could imagine this resurfacing later in an MC-Jill argument or at some other moment of crisis. It seems such a pivotal story point for her as a character that it seems rather incredible it won't ever have some impact.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
You can say that MC is willing to do basically anything for Jill, even practicing a song and play with her in a recital
Wow ! You make this sound like you would perform a live animal sacrifice during some dark chant... :KEK: you are either interested in her or you are not... :unsure::rolleyes:
but the one time he doesn't choose her over anything else she tells him to fuck off
Nope :p That's what folks read into this but actually what happens is she rejects you... man usually take this very very badly since their pride an' all :LOL:
this will keep being discussed until after the game is complete...
You are probably right with this remark... though as for why is beyond me !?! :unsure: One side takes their game theory as canon the other takes real life... where do these two actually meet ? ( in this case ) :ROFLMAO:
I wonder if later on in a future episode, whether or not you helped her will have an impact on a Jill-focused playthrough. I could imagine this resurfacing later in an MC-Jill argument or at some other moment of crisis
It doesn't make too much sense... Jill focused ? Why Sage ? If Sage no Jill... what argument could there be when nothing happened ? :p Maybe some kisses here and there... but that wouldn't result something like this... maybe in a spanish ( speaking ) telenovela :KEK:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
It doesn't make too much sense... Jill focused ? Why Sage ? If Sage no Jill... what argument could there be when nothing happened ? :p Maybe some kisses here and there... but that wouldn't result something like this... maybe in a spanish ( speaking ) telenovela :KEK:
I think, he was talking about the Concert :unsure: :LOL: . whether you help Jill or not, will it have an impact later on?!

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I think, he was talking about the Concert :unsure: :LOL: . whether you help Jill or not, will it have an impact later on?!
On others route might be ( Bianca & Co. ) othewise... :p :KEK: It still could lead to a relationship with Jill later on since we are still at the halfway mark :sneaky: But honestly since people doesn't seem to come to terms with the fact that this ain't a fucking harem game... :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I was talking about helping Jill at her recital. Some have said whether you help her or not at her recital makes no difference in terms of her dating/having sex with the MC at the end of episode 8. The only thing that makes a difference is whether you do the picnic with her. My statement was: I wonder if later in the story, in a future episode, might helping Jill at her recital make a difference somehow. Nothing to do with Sage.

Last edited:

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I was talking about helping Jill at her recital. Some have said whether you help her or not at her recital makes no difference in terms of her dating/having sex with the MC at the end of episode 8. The only thing that makes a difference is whether you do the picnic with her. My statement was: I wonder if later in the story, in a future episode, might helping Jill at her recital make a difference somehow. Nothing to do with Sage.
No you are right it has nothing to do with Sage but with Bianca & Co :sneaky:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Wouldn't we need to see season 3 or at least the next EP first I don't think DPC is just going to leave clues that big out in the open but maybe i'm wrong. As for the whole help Sage or date with Jill thing. They all have a prefect right to be upset MC can be upset because he already said he was going to help Sage and Jill comes up out of nowhere. Jill has every right to be upset because she took the time to plan something for the MC and he turns her down now I will add she could had text MC to see if he's doing anything. Jill still has a right to be upset about MC helping Sage even if he is doing a good thing after all the other HoT's can do what the MC did and plus Jill has no reason to give a fuck about Sage any way. And Sage has a right to be mad well mostly because she always mad
I completely disagree. If a girl shows up out of the blue asking me to drop everything and go on a picnic with her, she has absolutely no right to be upset if I am unable or unwilling to do so. She can certainly be disappointed, but if my acceptance was *that* important she should have checked with me before she put all that time and effort into planning and preparation!

Again, if Jill got the MC's approval beforehand only to be turned down when she actually arrived at the mansion, I would be far less critical of her subsequent behavior. But she didn't; Sage did. Which means Jill has no leg to stand on in this fight.

She having a flu, All she need is a handkerchief and coldrex :LOL: , and she is in a place with full of friends around her.
The only thing that is annoying about this, is that MC automatically tell her, he gonna visit her.
I don't know why folks make it this to be bigger than what it is. Girl you like show, up, ask you out on a date, you reject her, and she took it as you are not interested in her, simple.
Actually, the MC will only automatically accept if he's on Sage's path. If she's just a friend, the MC can beg out of helping her:
Sage_help_or_not.jpg
If the MC declines, he'll claim he doesn't want to catch her cold. Which is reasonable enough, though it would still be very disappointing from Sage's point of view. Yet somehow she not only takes that disappointment in stride, she'll even accept it if the MC weasels out of the agreement later without the excuse of germs. If only Jill could be so understanding. :rolleyes:

If it was Mc's father who is sick, and Jill not understanding, I total get you point, but Sage is just a random girl , MC dating with multiple girls, Jill know this. She might simply not belive this and see it as an exuse.

And I know, it's not only unheard but it never even ever happened, that someone cancels a previous plan, over a better opportunity:LOL:.
First of all, I'm not sure that's true. Jill's belief in 'destiny' is so poorly explained and nonsensical I can't tell if she would see ANY excuse as a sign the MC wasn't her One True Love (tm).

But even if what you say is true, doesn't that boil down to blood being thicker than water... and Jill expects to be treated like family? That's a lot to ask from a casual dating partner. Worse, she isn't willing to grant him the same consideration because when the MC later asks keep seeing her (in the school hallway, in her room, and ultimately at the restaurant), she refuses. Actually, she takes umbrage at how she isn't consistently the most important thing to him. If he's really that important to her... how can she be so quick to write him off permanently?!?

I'm sorry, but I just can't ignore that. It speaks to a profound lack of emotional maturity in Jill. We can chalk it up to bad writing (as I do), but if we accept it as written it's a much bigger red flag than some of us seem willing to admit.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
If he's really that important to her... how can she be so quick to write him off permanently?!?
as we discussed this like a million times. The picnic date itself is the turning point, the things that happens there what makes MC important to Jill. - If we of course forget the Stupid affinity thing - :LOL:.
It is really not that hard, to see this. All the little things you do, is simply the build up, for her to invite MC to the picnic, and then what happens there is the deciding factor, But if that not happens, then Jill does not get a confirmation from her heart, so to speak.
Jill is conflicted with her feeling toward MC, and Tybalt's shenanigans not helping to dismiss the insecurity. You are assuming that MC is already someone special for Jill, when he actually became someone special to her after the picnick and not before.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
Ah yes, argue the merits of Jills crazy more. I love to read it I really do. Crazy is the correct moniker because she believes in dEsTiNy, that shes in the play "I AM special and everything that happen, happens for ME because I AM special.". Shes been self centered since day 1 and fully acts in accordance to what she believes (ie herself), even her sisters death is about herself ffs.

My argument is based on a rare kind of selfishness I think she is displaying. This is not the usual egotistical selfishness of the nasty kind thats common in media but its the reverse one. The goodhearted one thats rare... whats the word... childlike? guileless? whatever. A selfishness that doesnt consider consequences, unknown circumstances or hidden feelings of others but acts for something greater in life. To Jill life is straightforward "Act for the greater good, I bring forth the greater good, and all will be good." She just doesnt think the middle part of that sentence, shes not even aware of it. Shes compelled to act and follow dEsTiNy over reality imo.

Shes well written in that regard. What shes actually is playing in is "White priviliged Basic Bitch on Earth, one among many" and I dont think anything will make that reality check happen to her. I wish the soulcrusher moment would but i hold no hope for it.

I dont think the picnic choice is wrong per se, then again I didnt care about Jill to begin with so that makes me biased. I sympathize with people getting tricked by game logic with it though, its really open ended and can easily and convincingly be argued either way (as Shazba and Kellerman et al respectively have done) which means its good writing i think but bad/mediocre game design depending on what you think about hidden traps with choices.

Shes an awful human (but a good character) and deserve awful things happening to her. I personally fucking hate her due to the tropes shes made from. A perfectly written character that acts logically, internally consistent with what we have seen of her I think.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Ah yes, argue the merits of Jills crazy more. I love to read it I really do. Crazy is the correct moniker because she believes in dEsTiNy, that shes in the play "I AM special and everything that happen, happens for ME because I AM special.". Shes been self centered since day 1 and fully acts in accordance to what she believes (ie herself), even her sisters death is about herself ffs.

My argument is based on a rare kind of selfishness I think she is displaying. This is not the usual egotistical selfishness of the nasty kind thats common in media but its the reverse one. The goodhearted one thats rare... whats the word... childlike? guileless? whatever. A selfishness that doesnt consider consequences, unknown circumstances or hidden feelings of others but acts for something greater in life. To Jill life is straightforward "Act for the greater good, I bring forth the greater good, and all will be good." She just doesnt think the middle part of that sentence, shes not even aware of it. Shes compelled to act and follow dEsTiNy over reality imo.

Shes well written in that regard. What shes actually is playing in is "White priviliged Basic Bitch on Earth, one among many" and I dont think anything will make that reality check happen to her. I wish the soulcrusher moment would but i hold no hope for it.

I dont think the picnic choice is wrong per se, then again I didnt care about Jill to begin with so that makes me biased. I sympathize with people getting tricked by game logic with it though, its really open ended and can easily and convincingly be argued either way (as Shazba and Kellerman et al respectively have done) which means its good writing i think but bad/mediocre game design depending on what you think about hidden traps with choices.

Shes an awful human (but a good character) and deserve awful things happening to her. I personally fucking hate her due to the tropes shes made from. A perfectly written character that acts logically, internally consistent with what we have seen of her I think.
You certainly care about her enough to write a long rant about how much you just don't care about her :LOL:.
There are so many Repressed Tsunderes here:whistle::LOL:

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
But the thing is, there was a promise made. You say you'll look after her, a girl comes up unannounced and you cancel? That shouldn't be big issue.
Then you miss whatever scene you would have gotten with your LI and you might miss her completely. That's how dating sims usually work. It used to be that missing a date was enough to lose your chance with a girl in early dating sims.
If you prioritise someone else in the game over your LI, you miss out.
I do, however, think we should have been able to cancel with Sage and I dislike that we are sometimes forced to agree to help her without a choice to say no.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
as we discussed this like a million times. The picnic date itself is the turning point, the things that happens there what makes MC important to Jill. - If we of course forget the Stupid affinity thing - :LOL:.
It is really not that hard, to see this. All the little things you do, is simply the build up, for her to invite MC to the picnic, and then what happens there is the deciding factor, But if that not happens, then Jill does not get a confirmation from her heart, so to speak.
Jill is conflicted with her feeling toward MC, and Tybalt's shenanigans not helping to dismiss the insecurity. You are assuming that MC is already someone special for Jill, when he actually became someone special to her after the picnick and not before.
Okay, this is getting circular. One last time.

If the MC isn't someone special to Jill, she she wouldn't have asked him for help before the recital - as indeed she doesn't if you aren't on her path. She wouldn't have planned the picnic in the first place, and she wouldn't think bitterly to herself that the MC hasn't shown how much much he wants to see her after he turned it down.

The MC (on her path) is important to Jill right up until he has a schedule conflict. The instant that happens she loses all interest and stonewalls any attempt by him to reignite it. That is my fundamental objection to the way the picnic was handled. DPC treats it as the genesis of the romance, but it's not. It's an important step on the way, but there's no reason it couldn't be replaced by an equivalent step... if Jill didn't lose her mind.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes