felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
For some reasons, I think the way we treated her after the incident, the way we talked to her before she left, and if we did anything with her (and blocking Bella's way at the same time), will definitely have repercussions in the future episodes, could really see her at some point coming out of the blue to save MC/Rusty/DIK asses in some capacity.
this story of consequences for me is quite a myth, there are actions that have consequences, but only some, not the most serious, not the most important.

then already now having pointed Cathy cost us Bella and indirectly Maya and Josy, do you still want more consequences? i would say that it was the most expensive blowjob in history, even more expensive than Madame's

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: zarachi

Hallowicked

Jun 21, 2022
For some reasons, I think the way we treated her after the incident, the way we talked to her before she left, and if we did anything with her (and blocking Bella's way at the same time), will definitely have repercussions in the future episodes, could really see her at some point coming out of the blue to save MC/Rusty/DIK asses in some capacity.
And then i would like to do things with her ass

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
this story of consequences for me is quite a myth, there are actions that have consequences, but only some, not the most serious, not the most important.

then already now having pointed Cathy cost us Bella and indirectly Maya and Josy, do you still want more consequences? i dirie that it was the most expensive blowjob in history, even more expensive than Madame's
I don't think DPC would have shown her letter of resignation in Burkes office, Rusty crying in her arms, and her meeting the new employers for nothing, unless it was a seemingly weird one-time incident like with Steve where we can be a DIK or a Chick (and that guy still has his Bio for whatever reasons). And, well, there are consequences everywhere in that game already, minor or major ones, the Cathy/Bella one isn't a myth, for one. Or, to me, soon-to-be consequences, like for Mona, if she comes back (like implied by Sage/Quinn talking about a girl who was thinking about coming back at their Halloween planification thing, strong Mona implications there), could be the downfall of Quinns prostitution ring, hopefully of Stephen Burke and his whole legacy, will affect Jade, will affect Tybalt's future, and surely affect Sage role as HOTs president... I'm extrapolating, but something will happen around that fucked up family.

Just to end my thinking for Cathy, well, maybe it won't affect the MC directly, but I could see it affect Rusty and the DIKs for sure.

Or maybe not.

Just having fun speculating, honestly :)

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I fkin love this Game but i will hate the Dev till worlds end for "removing" Cathy.

I miss her :(
Cathy is not gone she still keeps her code line in the game "CathyBranch" so she will return to season 3 and at least if she and the MC are going to have a relationship at least they no longer have anything to hide and wait that threesome between her and Jade

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I don't think DPC would have shown her letter of resignation in Burkes office, Rusty crying in her arms, and her meeting the new employers for nothing, unless it was a seemingly weird one-time incident like with Steve where we can be a DIK or a Chick (and that guy still has his Bio for whatever reasons). And, well, there are consequences everywhere in that game already, minor or major ones, the Cathy/Bella one isn't a myth, for one. Or, to me, soon-to-be consequences, like for Mona, if she comes back (like implied by Sage/Quinn talking about a girl who was thinking about coming back at their Halloween planification thing, strong Mona implications there), could be the downfall of Quinns prostitution ring, hopefully of Stephen Burke and his whole legacy, will affect Jade, will affect Tybalt's future, and surely affect Sage role as HOTs president... I'm extrapolating, but something will happen around that fucked up family.

Just to end my thinking for Cathy, well, maybe it won't affect the MC directly, but I could see it affect Rusty and the DIKs for sure.

Or maybe not.

DPC response from the Q&A Session - February 2021 fits perfectly with your post.

How do you balance developing and telling a cohesive storytelling structure with a narrative game's branching elements? Do you prioritize taking the plot and characters arc from A to B with somewhat limited branching, or you plan strongly defined diverging paths that can go from A to B, C, D, E...?

When you develop a game like Being a DIK and need many branches, the most important part is to have a backbone story. No matter what choices the player makes, which girl the player goes for, the main story is always there to carry the game forward. That way, branching becomes manageable, and you can plan whatever structure you want for the branches. It’s not necessarily just an arc going from A to B; you can have multiple outcomes for it, as long as you plan to take care of the outcomes when you’re done with the branch.

One good way to end branching is to store its outcome as a variable and use it later to affect the story. It’s an easy way to introduce a system where choice matters, and it allows you to kill branches without making the player feel they did something for nothing, as the choice is respected later on in the game.

The balance of it comes naturally to me; I try to include characters in the story, even if the player has no romantic interest in them.

DPC has already written about a timeline in the Q&A Session - February 2021, as I just read. This fits very well with the above topic because this timeline can be implemented with breaking and later re-inserting variables.

How do you go about the actual writing of your stories? How do you keep track of all the variables/routes?

I write and code the story all at once using Atom editor and Ren'Py. I make notes of ideas and details in a text file and use graphic software to
manage the story's timeline. I keep my variables neatly defined in header files that I constantly revisit during development.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Or maybe not.

but I in fact did not say that there are never consequences but that the choices that generate them are very arbitrary

punching Tybalt in front of everyone has no major consequence, it's not even aggravating in blackmail, you lose two RP points which is the most useless stuff in the game

having sex with Sage in a house full of Hots (including Josy) and Jocks has what consequences?

occasionally there are pitfalls that can be triggered, but that's what they are, traps.

Reactions: dalli_x and Sasanid

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
but I in fact did not say that there are never consequences but that the choices that generate them are very arbitrary

punching Tybalt in front of everyone has no major consequence, it's not even aggravating in blackmail, you lose two RP points which is the most useless stuff in the game

having sex with Sage in a house full of Hots (including Josy) and Jocks has what consequences?

occasionally there are pitfalls that can be triggered, but that's what they are, traps.
I may have tried to read too much between the lines of what you initially said, and misunderstood your point, sorry about that.

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021

Or maybe not.

It's not a bad theory either, remember that Burke is just a pawn and Rusty and Jill have more power than him. But that doesn't mean that Burke sends Caleb to beat you up and not to mention fuck a teacher... I think Burke has something to do with this "new test"

Reactions: Sasanid

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
dalli_x I remember being skeptical about some things you said about MJ situation, when I told you I wanted to try to give Josy all the attention while mostly ignoring Maya, and you said something about shirt color, and the color of her skin. Well, I'm in Ep8 where they're coming in MCs room for their date preparation, and she's wearing MCs sweater he gave her in their first date, and her skin is dark. I remember it wasn't the case in my first run cause I tried to give them an even amount of time, and she wasn't wearing MCs sweater.

You were right.

Damn DPC goes all-out with symbolism.

QuixoteTheDon

May 18, 2017
So here's a question for ya'll:

Do any of you have a primary save where you're mc is still fucking Jade and you chose to give the "Jade fucking video" to the DIKs (i.e. Burke has seen it)?​

That's my main save. Its the "Absolute DIK" run. Ploughing through as many girls as possible, with my main sights on Quinn. It's like the most surreal experience, with the mc's cock moving from one girl's mouth to another girl's cunt, with the occasional girl's asshole and then back to some lucky girl's mouth again, so why not let Burke see the mc fucking Jade. Let the chips fall where they may, I say.
Yes sir!

Major Dik reporting for duty!

major Dik.jpg

But I am a crazy MOFO with 92 different saves.

diks.jpg

All routes have been played. Multi Dikaverse needs to be experienced fully. I'm sure President DPC would agree with me.

good.JPG

I know Jill, I know.
;)

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
in order to get the Sarah scene you need to buy the special 3$ which I did. And for the threesome you need to atleast ordered 2x. But I can seem to get those option because they are whitened out despite having to meet the requirements.
The Sarah scene comes up at the party. You have to also win the drinking contest to get it.
it just doesn't make any sense that MC and Bella are SERIOUSLY dating each other without talking about it, as long as it was a matter of sex and that's all we could accept that both of them were comfortable not broaching the subject, but that's enough now, there is no excuse.
I dunno, I was pretty seriously invested in an older woman while I was in my early 20s, and she was still married. We never really discussed that, either. The most she ever said was that after every time we were together her dog kept sticking its nose between her legs when she got home. :)
Fuck I forgot about the Nora preview for episode 9. I hope we get to fuck her brains out again.

But my real hope is Bianca. I'd bang Bianca right in front of Jill's eyes. :devilish:
From what I've seen of the game, it looks like DPC is developing things in a direction that the only purpose to truly pursue Jill is so MC can have a shot at banging her hot friends/family instead.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I dunno, I was pretty seriously invested in an older woman while I was in my early 20s, and she was still married. We never really discussed that, either. The most she ever said was that after every time we were together her dog kept sticking its nose between her legs when she got home. :)
because you had no doubt about the existence of the husband, and evidently it was a relationship that was fine with both of you that remained basically clandestine

Bella and MC's situation was like that in the beginning, but then she wanted to take it a step further

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Sorry for the dumb question guys, I've gone back through a few pages and haven't seen it talked about.

Has DPC said when we can expect next update? From what I remember he said august/september but I can't remember.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Sorry for the dumb question guys, I've gone back through a few pages and haven't seen it talked about.

Has DPC said when we can expect next update? From what I remember he said august/september but I can't remember.
From the looks of it, I doubt we'll get it before September. Late-September or early-October IMO will be the most likely release date.

Reactions: RPDL

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

No date, but the release seems to have shifted more to October :(

Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
From the looks of it, I doubt we'll get it before September. Late-September or early-October IMO will be the most likely release date.
No date, but the release seems to have shifted more to October :(
Thanks guys! October isn't that bad tbh, I'm more dreading the cliffhanger and wait for 0.10 lol.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes