lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
is this anything like karlsson gambit if not why is there so many reviews
Didn't play this game yet. The many reviews is because the game is huge, with a lot of content and really popular. A lot of people play and a lot of people review it.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Is Jill really going to be a problem on the Bella path though? :unsure:

Especially if you didn't pursue her, sure her catching her best friend riding her crush is shitty, but on the non-romance path I thought MC made it very clear that he wasn't interested in Jill. I really hope DPC doesn't force it just for the sake of the drama. But also judging by the Bella preview and she's smiling, the Jill talk probably doesn't end up in disaster.
It won't end up in disaster because it would just crash and burn their friendship, but I don't think it'll be a walk in the park either.

Bella still encouraged Jill to date MC and then also started messing around with him while knowing Jill was interested. That's not something friends should do to each other and I think Bella and MC will (understandably) need to do some work to repair and regain Jill's trust.

And I bet this will be EP9's focus for Bella's path, MC will be so busy with the Halloween party and Zoey's return that James won't probably be a topic until at least EP10, other than perhaps some vague mentioning of him by Jill when she and Bella talk.

I hope I'm wrong though, I really want to learn about Bella's past.

Mar 28, 2022
there is alot of femdom in karlsson gambit your sister plays a higher power in the dominant society and you the mc play the slave but can change the path going on its like a mistress slave story you can even make your sister have so much power that you can have your brother have chastity cage i dont know how beingadik works but i doubt it goes that far

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Nah, everything you makes sense. Plus the covid thing. He's a real trooper for bouncing back so quickly from it. I agree that the Interlude probably was something to help reorganize things and give a potential out. It's just at the end of the day, looking at the cold, hard facts it'll probably be over a year or close to one since ep 8 and most people don't care enough to keep these things in their minds. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if overall popularity took a hit. I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen or even if it does happen that it will be a huge hit. Probably, just that it wouldn't be good long-term if it did end up as 1 update per year.
Still, I'm definitely going to try sticking around until the end. It's the attention to detail he puts in each update (for example: In one free roam, if you call Derek while in his room with him he says "Dude, why are you calling me? I'm right here." which I thought was funny and also amazing how he put that much effort into the little things) AND his devotion to make this game compelling while still keeping the story coherent that keeps me coming back.
I mean seriously, have you seen how other games just deteriorate over time and just end up making no sense? This guy feels like an actual profressional (which he technically is since he does this for a living) which is also why I just straight-up "buy" the game every time instead of downloading it from here. Can't justify monthly donations but I think a sort of transaction is fair enough.
But I digress, once things start to getting this complicated in terms of branching paths and story most devs just crumble and ghost everyone while still collecting that sweet Patreon dough. Not only does he give weekly updates, he is still going strong (my opinion).
Not trying to kiss ass but you have to admit, this game is rare in a lot of aspects: a lot of content already, weekly communication, consistent (albeit long development time) game updates that aren't just 10 minutes of random crap, story still makes sense and garners interest, ACTUAL PROOFREADING (I'm so damn pedantic about grammar and spelling), dialogue that seems realistic and not something some 18-year old would think up, renders and characters that get people invested, etc. Usually other good ones have some of those aspects but end up just crapping out in the long-term. This will most likely end up being the only game that will deliver on this level unless he continues after this ends. I mean just looking at his old game, Acting Lessons (which is comparable to other good games) can tell you how night and day BADIK is from everything else and how much he's advanced as a creator.
Didn't mean to spaz out and write an essay but I just thought it was crazy that someone is actually managing all of this compared to most of the crap I've seen.
Can't find anything I disagree with what you said.

My humble opinion, big changes are to come in the way MG/SG are treated, they won't disappear, I mean that lineup
status_update.jpg
won't disappear all of a sudden (and Quinn, who's been there for a while, never got a real MG status, but has a MG arc...), but if he goes through with the Crossroads 'final decision' (which would be illogical in my opinion, there's 2 seasons left...), 4 to 5 of these girls becomes a bit meaningless aside from main story purposes. And add Zoey, the MC of Interlude, to the mix...

That's why I prudently said 'reconsider'.

I may be totally off, but I think big changes are ahead.

(just to be sure, he may or may not have said the MG lineup won't change, but he can say whatever he wants, it's his game, and only fools don't change ideas, they simply change the structure)

Last edited:

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Another thing, I can see in the future is that Lily will clearly want MC to herself it has been hinted at a lot in season 2. I wonder if would she reject him if he's already on Quinn's path. It seems now that Sarah, Heather, and Sage can tell Quinn into MC

Shit, tell that to the Being a Dik Reddit fandom it's active every day.
IMO, there's not much point to blocking routes on the 'Others' path. It's the catch all for players that can't keep it in their pants enough to commit to a LI. If dev wants to continue to add conflicting variables, he might as well have made more LI routes.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
IMO, there's not much point to blocking routes on the 'Others' path. It's the catch all for players that can't keep it in their pants enough to commit to a LI. If dev wants to continue to add conflicting variables, he might as well have made more LI routes.
True.

I have felt by the end of the season MC will have more options on who he wants if he's single I see him potentially dating Quinn, Riona, Cam, Lily, or Zoey in the future. Hell, Maybe he'll shockingly make Mel or Sarah an option LOL, also Josy because I can see if her Maya breaks up, she'll be wanting the MC again depending on his past choices. He'll have to choose and decide which side girl he wants.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
any news on the next update? Been afk from the thread for way too long. I want to time a full replay before the next installment and get my saves in order and freshen up on the story.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Looking for some help here.
Free Roam no.28 in the HOT mansion. The bit with Arieth. WT says to click on here and 'any option' but all that happens is she says 'go away'. I tried to then go and get the tissues from that bathroom opposite Jacob but the box next to the basin doesn't light up. This means that Arieth won't go to the kitchen and clear out the Alphas from there (I haven't tried without doing Arieth's bit). Neither of the WTs I have give any hint of what may have gone wrong...is there something to trigger Arieth to talk to me and then for me to get those tissues...or is it a DIK/Chick issue...if that's the case then it'll never happen.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Free Roam no.28 in the HOT mansion. The bit with Arieth. WT says to click on here and 'any option' but all that happens is she says 'go away'. I tried to then go and get the tissues from that bathroom opposite Jacob but the box next to the basin doesn't light up. This means that Arieth won't go to the kitchen and clear out the Alphas from there (I haven't tried without doing Arieth's bit). Neither of the WTs I have give any hint of what may have gone wrong...is there something to trigger Arieth to talk to me and then for me to get those tissues...or is it a DIK/Chick issue...if that's the case then it'll never happen.
If I remember correctly, you have to go to the kitchen first so when you talk to Arieth later you tell her something about Caleb

Gefom

Feb 21, 2022
If I'm remembering correctly, click on the tissue, not the box.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
She says "Go away" if you didn't saw Caleb and other dude in the kitchen. To trigger the "any option" first go to the kitchen.
You can't pick up the tissues till Arieth ask you to.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
She says "Go away" if you didn't saw Caleb and other dude in the kitchen. To trigger the "any option" first go to the kitchen.
You can't pick up the tissues till Arieth ask you to.
ahh, right, wasn't sure about that...totally missed in both WTs I have...thanks

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes