• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Dungeons and Goblins sure does contribute a lot to the plot, doesn't it ? Or the way Maya dragged the reveal of something we knew already and we were supposed to be suprised/shocked.
I could keep going, but the main point is that a lot of the story lines have been artificially dragged out and pumped full with buckets of unnecessary drama.
Of course that has positives for DPC, because forced or not, drama generates emotional reactions from players, which keeps the game popular, regardless if their reactions are positive or negative. Just look at the size of this thread. For all it's popularity this is not really the best game on the site. But as long as it doesn't create apathy, DPC would have Jill pregnant by Tybalt and loving it.
What's the plot? Guy goes to college and does shit.

Sure he's learning about his Mom, and he's helping people with their own dramas, but ultimately he's just existing and we're along for the ride.

Becoming a DIK was important, it gave him a place to stay. Fixing the mansion was important, it maintained his place to stay.

He's forging relationships, either sexual or platonic, and hopefully he's doing OK at his studies too. But the mc has no personal goal here, at least not yet.

So playing DnG, egging the preps, fucking different girls, all are experiences he obtained in his college story.

Most of the experiences are great. I'm personally a fan of the DnG scenes, and I even try to see how many of the DnG girls the mc can fuck in a play through, just like I try to see how many "real world" girls the mc can fuck. Why? Because it's fun. Especially with the mc and Sally bickering throughout.

The way I look at it, the plot is the mc's journey, not simply how many dramas he can solve or endure. So if there's an aspect of his journey that you aren't a fan of, that doesn't mean it's filler, it just means it didn't suit your tastes, but other people may have loved it.

The only part I didn't like, and have avoided it completely in replays, is the Madame. I don't like her at all, but that doesn't mean she hasn't got some fans.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

Don't forget to have your picture taken! Seriously! Don't miss out on the perfect memento of the night. Or else I'll have to shoot you!

View attachment 2009907
And who is this new guy? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Is there some more sexual interaction with Heather?

The jacuzzi scene was pretty hot, and yeah, she is kind of a bitchy character but she is also hot as hell.
On the one path she changes her mind about MC and shows trust and that he is OK etc. Including a text.

Reactions: NinjaHanzo

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
On the one path she changes her mind about MC and shows trust and that he is OK etc. Including a text.
Yeah, and it may seem weird, but I think she's leaning more on the Neutral-Chick side than on the DIK side, from her interactions.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Maya's storyline is pretty bad but that's on DPC. She started pretty chill and easygoing and then it turned into a mess of forced and unnecessary drama that could have been resolved 4 episodes earlier.

At this point I'm not sure if DPC's writing skills don't really match his ambition or he's just milking it, because it's unlikely he'll strike gold twice. If all the filler was replaced with story content, we'd be twice further in the main plot.
Why not the necessary drama? Maya's plot is clear from the start - her entire entry into HOTs is tied to some kind of financial problem that we didn't know about in the first episodes. This whole plot was conceived by the DPC from the very beginning, and if you expected that everything in this game would be very easy and carefree - this is not the same creator and not what you are looking for.
Maya's storyline is the classic "Damsel in Distress" line. And it's very well written. Unfortunately, the line "Damsel in Distress" is not used in modern works due to the woke culture that destroys everything that is dear to us. DPC doesn't care about progressive trends and he gave a cool story of a cornered girl who needs help. Seriously, my eyes were wet when I found out about Maya's situation, although Trouple is not my favorite path.

Why is this line "forced"? This is not true. In any case, MC remains friends with Josy/Maya. And it doesn't count as being friends with an ex. They were not in an established relationship, it was a crush and a couple of first dates. In general, I know many stories when in life they continue to be friends with the former and this works fine without leading to disaster. In life, different situations are possible.
Tremolo's motivation is clear to me - he wants to help his friends. But of course, I wonder what would happen if DPC added a third option for dark cynics - to put a dick on this situation and move on. Such the opportunity to play not just DIK route, but a complete bastard, like renegade Shepard from Mass Effect. But Tremolo isn't a bastard - he's a good guy, even if playing DIK and has high moral values.

Reactions: shazba

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
He wouldn't have that warm bed to sleep in if it weren't for Derek. He pressured Maya into helping the MC.
so it would have been much better, but it is evident how Derek is the one pushing because Maya to take him in, really coming close to moral blackmail for "what he did for her"
derek got him one night. she didn't kick you out afterwards

Not really, no. If I've been rejected she's made her choice. I'm going to respect that choice by giving her space and staying out of her hair. My absence won't make things more awkward on her, and it will certainly pain me less to not be around the person that rejected me. After some time has passed we can revisit the chummy friends thing, but not right away.

let's say I can agree to some part of this but that's only one path we are talking about and that's a fail at maya/josy path
if you play it successfully, you don't even get to feel butthurt
and then there are other paths where you don't pursue her romantically but you instead become friends
so my "why you should care" stands for all paths other than the failed throuple path.

then there is the taser "incident" and at that point the fact that she makes him stay a few days longer than expected is almost compensation for damages
OR you actually understand it was quinn who played her and made her do that?
and btw I wouldn't even mind some tasing if I had maya grinding my cock :sneaky:

The way I see it there's nothing Maya needs specifically MC's help for, especially now that Sage has such a prominent role with helping Maya, which also includes a shoulder to cry on (let's see how that turns out though). So imo there's not really a reason for a rejected MC to stick around, other than "because story".
everyone is focusing on the MC being rejected part which is failing to play a path. fine, I'm not gonna take that fact into consideration
and I'll just say I agree - yeah, you can walk away and cry in your corner while avoiding maya and josy after they reject you. there is no reason for you to be there. go lick your wounds.

but for every other path:
she got sage at the end of ep 8, not before that
but even if she got sage's help earlier
"ok, that's it from me, nevemind the fact we're friends and you took me in when I needed a place to sleep, I'm outta here, can't care less about what happens with your tuition or your dad or josy who also happens to be a friend of mine"
are you people really like this irl?

• Angry
Reactions: Fess1998

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Maybe.

But Patrick seems crazy enough to put a locator in Maya's panties.

Also, while I never failed the DIK mansion repair, doesn't Rusty sell his car to Patrick if we do fail ?

Wouldn't even be surprised to learn at some point he decided to spy on MC because he was Maya's roommate, and saw he was living in that mansion.
I may be paranoid, but I would have searched Maya's dorm with a metal detector. Patrick could have installed bugs to listen in. And cover the walls in the room with foil, and at the same time install several radio signal jammers. Repeat the procedure in Maya's HOTs room.

Meanwhile, Patrick at his usual day:
575ddf0d54d7c3ce585bb9e63a5d59e2.jpg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
OR you actually understand it was quinn who played her and made her do that?
and btw I wouldn't even mind some tasing if I had maya grinding my cock :sneaky:
Maya was fooled by Quinn, but that doesn't take away from the fact that MC was victimized altogether
from that moment it would become impossible to send him away

then okay, the taser is all Quinn's doing, but rubbing up against a guy who may have admitted to having feelings for her the night before is hardly something to be proud of

Maya doesn't really have the time to send him away, it's not even a choice. it's a concatenation of events

I have always suspected that most users would voluntarily tase themselves, even more than once, in order to stay close to their LI....

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I may be paranoid, but I would have searched Maya's dorm with a metal detector. Patrick could have installed bugs to listen in. And cover the walls in the room with foil, and at the same time install several radio signal jammers. Repeat the procedure in Maya's HOTs room.

Meanwhile, Patrick at his usual day:
View attachment 2010218
are we still talking about that control freak who believes without hesitation that his daughter is in a mixed dormitory?

the same one who believes the fairy tale of pink sheets?

in fact he must be a KGB infiltrator

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
are we still talking about that control freak who believes without hesitation that his daughter is in a mixed dormitory?

the same one who believes the fairy tale of pink sheets?

in fact he must be a KGB infiltrator
About pink sheets.
Missing answer option when we spoke to Patrick:
"I'm gay". :KEK:
I would like to see his face at that moment, I think he would start splashing the MC with holy water, which he probably carries with him.:ROFLMAO:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I hope Elena is getting spit roasted on Halloween, JB and MC's dicks will touch once or twice but it will be worth it.
:LOL:
“Oh, God. Okay, but just so you know: I’ve never worn a condom. Ever. And obviously, J.B., the implicit agreement between you and I is that at no time will our penises touch, and I’d also appreciate it if you didn’t make eye contact with me during .... "

- Accurate :LOL: :LOL:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
you remember when the MC was homeless at the start of the college year? and who took him in until his situation resolves?
I know, it must have felt forced sleeping in a warm bed, under a roof.

that's why he should care.
of course, assuming he's a decent human being, not quinn.
Additionally... Maya is Derek's sister, one he clearly cares for very much. And Derek is our (maggot) bro, and a fellow DIK. So, helping dear sister of your close friend? Kind of a no-brainer on this basis alone. "Family comes first" and all that.

Reactions: nyrek

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Was DPC right about the previews revealing more than he would like?:rolleyes:

Sage says to Maya at the end of EP7 that she can have it all, even if she stays here.

What if they set a trap for Patrick. There have already been hints that Maya could be living with MC. Now we have a green screen in MC's room. We have a special render set of Sage where MC is in a city with Sage and also having her picture taken in bed. At one point there was also talk of an exchange student.

What if, with the help of Sage's parents, it is pretended that Maya and the MC were chosen as exchange students for a college in Europe, but in reality they stay in the DIK mansion. They take pictures together in front of the greescreen and send them to Patrick. He would then have no reason to go to college and would be happy that his daughter finally has a boyfriend. The whole thing takes some time, but after that Patrick would probably be completely convinced.
pulp-fiction.gif
Man, I might get overdosed if this keep continue :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: NebulousShooter
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes