Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
you remember when the MC was homeless at the start of the college year? and who took him in until his situation resolves?
I know, it must have felt forced sleeping in a warm bed, under a roof.
I can't speak for the MC, just my own personal feelings on the matter-

He wouldn't have that warm bed to sleep in if it weren't for Derek. He pressured Maya into helping the MC. I bag on him a lot because he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut and he acts like a fool but before becoming a DIK he was actually helpful.
Even if the woman that you had feelings for rejected you, wouldn't those feelings push you to help her still? Even as a friend?
Not really, no. If I've been rejected she's made her choice. I'm going to respect that choice by giving her space and staying out of her hair. My absence won't make things more awkward on her, and it will certainly pain me less to not be around the person that rejected me. After some time has passed we can revisit the chummy friends thing, but not right away.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Even if the woman that you had feelings for rejected you, wouldn't those feelings push you to help her still? Even as a friend?
Look man, she already rejected you, a no usually means no. The rumor that women test men by rejecting them at first to see if they give up quickly is bullshit IMO.

If you draw the line at first and make it absolutely clear that you are interested in more to her and you get rejected, trying to be friends with her afterwards is going to be awkward.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
I'm just hoping this chapter finally starts to unravel what exactly is going on with Bella. It's been this dark cloud hanging over the character the entire game, and it needs to either start storming or the sun has to come out.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I have this achievement on Steam, and it was almost not worth it. I learned my lesson though, I haven't even attempted to get the Lv. 100 in Triple Tile one. That's the only one I'm missing though.
I may be surprised, but I got the achievement for 100 Triple Tile. After that, a small figurine trophy appears on the table in the MC room. Every time I learn something new about the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
you remember when the MC was homeless at the start of the college year? and who took him in until his situation resolves?
I know, it must have felt forced sleeping in a warm bed, under a roof.

that's why he should care.
of course, assuming he's a decent human being, not quinn.
it's actually not quite like that...

so it would have been much better, but it is evident how Derek is the one pushing because Maya to take him in, really coming close to moral blackmail for "what he did for her"

then there is the taser "incident" and at that point the fact that she makes him stay a few days longer than expected is almost compensation for damages

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
If you draw the line at first and make it absolutely clear that you are interested in more to her and you get rejected, trying to be friends with her afterwards is going to be awkward.
But, not even to help though? When you got feelings for the person, I'd assume you were friends with them before that. So, it's safe to assume that you care for them. I know for some people it would be awkward to keep the friendship towards them.

My point is, would you really not help a person in need? Whomever they are? 'Cause I wouldn't even care who that person is, if I can help, I would.
Like let's say not even to the extent that Tremolo was trying to do with giving his 5K to Maya, but like maybe giving some emotional support, you know? Like saying they can go past through the problem or anything that would help ease their mind.

It's not about helping or staying friends with the person that rejected you or broke up with, but about helping a person in need.
That's what I'm saying.

Thoughts?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
But, not even to help though? When you got feelings for the person, I'd assume you were friends with them before that. So, it's safe to assume that you care for them. I know for some people it would be awkward to keep the friendship towards them.

My point is, would you really not help a person in need? Whomever they are? 'Cause I wouldn't even care who that person is, if I can help, I would.
Like let's say not even to the extent that Tremolo was trying to do with giving his 5K to Maya, but like maybe giving some emotional support, you know? Like saying they can go past through the problem or anything that would help ease their mind.

It's not about helping or staying friends with the person that rejected you or broke up with, but about helping a person in need.
That's what I'm saying.

Thoughts?
Yep, if you're a good person, you'll help out an ex-girlfriend. I've even helped out ex's that I don't even like anymore. Obviously if they're just being lazy I tell them to fuck off, but if it's a matter of them actually needing help, and they ask me, I'll help (unless it's gonna fuck my family up).

Now do you tell your wife you're helping out an ex? That's the real question! :eek:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

That's what I'm saying.

Thoughts?
you help even strangers, it's called empathy

the point is that friendship between men and women is complicated, friendship with a woman you like is basically a con for at least one of you, friendship with a woman who has rejected you is a punishment

then we are not talking about a real and established friendship relationship that was evolving into love, but into a "superficial" and recent acquaintance

it is truly beyond human endurance to remain closely friends with a girl who rejected you and continue to associate with her assiduously while she "should" make her own life with the one she chose instead.

then in the specific case add that MC CANNOT HELP THEM in any real way, but has almost solely the function of a shoulder to cry on.

Reactions: Fess1998

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

That's what I'm saying.

Thoughts?
Getting attached to someone you like/liked and helping someone in need are two different things.

Like if you get rejected, the best course of action is to stay away and let them live their lives. Staying friends with someone after they rejected you is a dumb idea, as that'll usually lead you to being used and you don't really want to be that guy.

Helping someone in need is a virtue, as it is something that's greatly valued in both Christianity and Islam and of course I will help someone in need if I see it, but that doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to help someone. Tremolo giving the 5k to Maya is not that, as that doesn't solve her problem and doesn't lead to anything meaningful. If Maya takes the 5k and then still does nothing to solve her own problem, her character will take a significant hit as a useless leach that constantly depends on others for her problems.

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
The way I see it there's nothing Maya needs specifically MC's help for, especially now that Sage has such a prominent role with helping Maya, which also includes a shoulder to cry on (let's see how that turns out though). So imo there's not really a reason for a rejected MC to stick around, other than "because story".

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
The way I see it there's nothing Maya needs specifically MC's help for, especially now that Sage has such a prominent role with helping Maya, which also includes a shoulder to cry on (let's see how that turns out though). So imo there's not really a reason for a rejected MC to stick around, other than "because story".
Look how many people she got involved in her tuition though - MC, Josy, Sage, Stephen and Jade (by proxy), the entire HoT sorority.

The whole damsel in distress shtick got annoying very quickly. :rolleyes:

P.S: love that you brought back Bianca.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Look how many people she got involved in her tuition though - MC, Josy, Sage, Stephen and Jade (by proxy), the entire HoT sorority.

The whole damsel in distress shtick got annoying very quickly. :rolleyes:

P.S: love that you brought back Bianca.
Maya's storyline is pretty bad but that's on DPC. She started pretty chill and easygoing and then it turned into a mess of forced and unnecessary drama that could have been resolved 4 episodes earlier.

At this point I'm not sure if DPC's writing skills don't really match his ambition or he's just milking it, because it's unlikely he'll strike gold twice. If all the filler was replaced with story content, we'd be twice further in the main plot.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Exactly. If they're in a desperate need of help, why wouldn't you? Of course, unless they are a douche just tell them to fuck off.

I see. I guess, I can't speak for everyone then.
'Cause if it's me, I would help the person (if I can) even with whatever history we had.
I would look past that as long as our history is somewhat good.

Especially, if I'm close to them as Tremolo is to Maya and with how heavy Maya's problem is.

But, yes I agree. You don't have to go out of your way to help somebody. If you can and you want to help, you should.
however turn the question upside down: would you call a girl you recently rejected for advice regarding your current partner (because we're not talking about real help)? would that seem appropriate?

because that's actually what happens, then once sha has been approached it's fine for her to help you, but wouldn't you feel like a bit of a jerk for doing so?

p.s. when then the reason for rejection was precisely lack of trust....

Reactions: ename144

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Maya's storyline is pretty bad but that's on DPC. She started pretty chill and easygoing and then it turned into a mess of forced and unnecessary drama that could have been resolved 4 episodes earlier.

At this point I'm not sure if DPC's writing skills don't really match his ambition or he's just milking it, because it's unlikely he'll strike gold twice. If all the filler was replaced with story content, we'd be twice further in the main plot.
Depends what you consider filler.

Cause to me, every part is story content.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes