• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
If the conversation turned to Bella, I have a small observation. I have never seen Bella's haters in the thread. If there are a lot of haters Jill, I think she takes first place in terms of the number of negative comments. A lot of people don't like Maya. Some don't like Josy, there was very little negativity towards Sage.
But no one hates Bella. Just an observation.
There are Bella detractors, they think she's a murderer lol. I feel like the most haters are for Maya? And I think that's because of ever since the Maya and Josy reveal, her story as a standalone character has very much dipped. Like Josy still feels like her own character without Maya, but Maya's has felt weird and a lot of it forced. Like if the MC is not in a relationship with the 2, why does he actually care so much about her dad/housing /financial situation?

Jill, she's fine, she's just a little to sheltered to be believable. But I have always thought, that if there was a "Canon" typical movie path, it would be her.

Sage is just the much less nonsense path, until maybe now. But I do feel like she's taken a bit of a back seat the last couple of updates.

And I personally think Josy is just all around awesome. My personal top 3 paths are Bella, Josy and Jade.

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Like if the MC is not in a relationship with the 2, why does he actually care so much about her dad/housing /financial situation?
you remember when the MC was homeless at the start of the college year? and who took him in until his situation resolves?
I know, it must have felt forced sleeping in a warm bed, under a roof.

that's why he should care.
of course, assuming he's a decent human being, not quinn.

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
you remember when the MC was homeless at the start of the college year? and who took him in until his situation resolves?
Not if one of your paths is you try and be more with them, and then they reject you. Why would you want to be friends with women your into? So you can feel like shit every time you're around them? Fuck that.

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
"one of your paths"
well, that's exactly the thing. it's just one path.
you can also opt not to pursue a romantic relationship with any of them and just hang around them.

on the other hand I could be extremely bitchy and write something along the lines well try harder so you don't fail that path the next time you play it. but I won't, I'm not like that :Kappa:

Reactions: PappaSchlumpf

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
I know, it must have felt forced sleeping in a warm bed, under a roof.

Add to that, that uhm... Maya is his friend? And we support our friends. Unless...

Not if one of your paths is you try and be more with them, and then they reject you. Why would you want to be friends with women your into? So you can feel like shit every time you're around them? Fuck that.
Even if the woman that you had feelings for rejected you, wouldn't those feelings push you to help her still? Even as a friend?

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Even if the woman that you had feelings for rejected you, wouldn't those feelings push you to help her still? Even as a friend?
I get where he's coming from and it's hard to come back from a situation like that (been there, done that but it turned into an amazing friendship)
but in this scenario, you even owe maya for the warm bed
I honestly don't see how I wouldn't do my best in that situation and stand by her through everything
but that's just me
regardless of being a maya simp

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I think the reason Jill and Maya get the most hate is they fall into overused tropes Jill is the virgin goblin princess and Maya is the lesbian waiting for the right dick. Quinn also as the same problem as the bad girl with a vulnerable side, however she gets less hate as her storyline is more interesting.

Jul 22, 2022
Like Josy still feels like her own character without Maya, but Maya's has felt weird and a lot of it forced. Like if the MC is not in a relationship with the 2, why does he actually care so much about her dad/housing /financial situation?
In addition to all the good points made by the other replies I would add this. The game more or less forces the MC to have some degree of emotional attachment to Josy and Maya even if you intentionally go down the friendship path.

Especially on a chick run for another main girl, you get the option of unlocking some of the best non-sex scenes for Maya and Josy. After the Prep party you can get a scene where either one of them get tears running down their face. They both profess still having some sort of deep emotional attachment to the MC. It’s not weird that the MC still loves/is in love with one or the two of them, even if you go friendship. The forced romantic interactions with them, will always make the waters murky with the two of them, which combined with the other factors IMO perfectly explains why the MC cares.

+ Also Maya is Derek’s sister, and that’s our main boi, and former maggot brother. Family comes first my man.

Reactions: QuixoteTheDon

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think the reason Jill and Maya get the most hate is they fall into overused tropes Jill is the virgin goblin princess and Maya is the lesbian waiting for the right dick. Quinn also as the same problem as the bad girl with a vulnerable side, however she gets less hate as her storyline is more interesting.
I don't think that's really it. Almost every character is built from a stereotype in this game, it's an easy way to fast track character building, but each character has evolved from these base stereotypes.

Maya's not a bad person, but she has some characteristics that some people find too annoying:
  • She makes everything into a drama.
  • She's often self obsessed to the detriment of her friends (Josy often feels hurt by her).
  • She is a hypocrite (she admitted to it).
  • She's got dodgy skin (ew).
  • She expects others to solve her problems.
  • She's looking for the easy way out.
  • She misled the mc about her relationship situation.
Just being a drama queen is enough to put people off. Personally I don't think her mistaking her sexual identity as a lesbian as a significant reason why people don't care about her.

Jill is a different story. She actually comes across as a lovely person, but she also has flaws:
  • She's stubborn, admittedly so.
  • She decides she knows what's best for people and goes over their heads to resolve things.
  • She's naïve as fuck but still thinks she knows stuff
  • Her naivety sometimes borders on stupidity.
  • She has a horrible looking face at times (but angelic at other times)
  • Her public dumping of the mc (who didn't deserve the public humiliation, unlike Tybalt), has cost her some serious points.
I don't think her being a virgin has particularly made anyone not like her. Although we suspected it for a long time, she only recently confirmed to the mc that it was true, and we've solved that now. :sneaky:

And with Quinn, there are definitely people who dislike her, and not because of the stereotype, but because of exactly who she is:
  • A drug dealer
  • A pimp
  • A cunt
But yeah, she has her fans because she's interesting, and it's fun to break her.

But anyway all these traits make these girls all the more human. Each main girl, and even a lot of the side characters, are more than just clichés, they have their own stories, their own issues, their good points and bad points. It's the fact that they aren't just simple stereotypes that makes them more confronting for some players.

A lot of these AVNs play to stereotypes, but they don't delve deeper. The bad girl says mean shit until she's tastes the mc's cock and suddenly she's putty in his hands, she doesn't continue to make mistakes and fuck her own life up. The girl next door is just sugar and spice and all things that want to make you throw up. You never get an insight into how she feels (other than how she feels about the mc's cock). The MILF teacher exists just to have a relationship with the mc, we don't know or care about her life. And so on. The characters exist to serve the mc. Once you've won them over, they all devolve into an empty shell.

That's one of the best things about BaDIK, each character has their own agency (not excessively though, this is still the mc's story), and they fuck up, just like real people. They don't exist for the mc, they exist with him, and you get to weigh up whether you like them or not. And even if they do fall for the mc, they still continue to exist for themselves too.

My personal preference (since I haven't seen listings for a while):
  1. Quinn: Even if she isn't an official mail LI, she's my favourite. It's not that I actually like her personality, but I enjoy the story with her the most. Watching her falling for the mc, breaking down her barriers and her behaving counter to her typical self, it's definitely enjoyable.
  2. Sage: She seems like the most fun person of all the characters. Early scenes with her were the best, having suffered through a breakup has had her down for a while, and I'm not loving how desperate she became for the mc once the breakup was official, so hopefully episode 9 puts things better with her. But is she a DIK or a Chick kinda girl?
  3. Josy: Unfortunately for Josy, she hasn't really managed to escape the shallow "girl next door" stereotype yet, she's the least developed of all the LIs, but I still find her to be pretty cool. If there ends up being a solo route with her, and she gets more exposure, she could jump up in my rankings. We do know a lot of things about her, but it'd be nice to know more. Oh, and she's very cute. :giggle:
  4. Jill: I don't mind any of Jill's faults really, just didn't like the way she dumped the mc at the restaurant, she could have been more subtle and done it in private. Her being a virgin was handled well enough, her self consciousness was handled OK, and she over came that which is good. Hopefully she becomes a little more active in the sack, but for a first time she did well.
  5. Maya: I honestly find her kinda boring, there are some fun scenes with her, but mostly she's caught up in her own bullshit.
  6. Bella: She's the one LI I don't really give a shit about. I've played her route for completion purposes, but ultimately I find her to be insufferably unpleasant, and if I was the mc I would never have bothered to get to know her. Sure once you get past the Ice Queen exterior she's a caring person, but the age discrepancy between them is too much for me, and the authority dynamic (she usually acts superior to him) is not to my taste.

Last edited:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I don't think that's really it. Almost every character is built from a stereotype in this game, it's an easy way to fast track character building, but each character has evolved from these base stereotypes.

Maya's not a bad person, but she has some characteristics that some people find too annoying:
  • She's often self obsessed to the detriment of her friends (Josy often feels hurt by her).
Just being a drama queen is enough to put people off. Personally I don't think her mistaking her sexual identity as a lesbian as a significant reason why people don't care about her.

Jill is a different story. She actually comes across as a lovely person, but she also has flaws:
  • She decides she knows what's best for people and goes over their heads to resolve things.
  • Her public dumping of the mc (who didn't deserve the public humiliation, unlike Tybalt), has cost her some serious points.
I don't think her being a virgin has particularly made anyone not like her. Although we suspected it for a long time, she only recently confirmed to the mc that it was true, and we've solved that now. :sneaky:

And with Quinn, there are definitely people who dislike her, and not because of the stereotype, but because of exactly who she is:
  • A drug dealer
  • A pimp
  • A cunt
But yeah, she has her fans because she's interesting, and it's fun to break her.

But anyway all these traits make these girls all the more human. Each main girl, and even a lot of the side characters, are more than just clichés, they have their own stories, their own issues, their good points and bad points. It's the fact that they aren't just simple stereotypes that makes them more confronting for some players.

A lot of these AVNs play to stereotypes, but they don't delve deeper. The bad girl says mean shit until she's tastes the mc's cock and suddenly she's putty in his hands, she doesn't continue to make mistakes and fuck her own life up. The girl next door is just sugar and spice and all things that want to make you throw up. You never get an insight into how she feels (other than how she feels about the mc's cock). The MILF teacher exists just to have a relationship with the mc, we don't know or care about her life. And so on. The characters exist to serve the mc. Once you've won them over, they all devolve into an empty shell.

That's one of the best things about BaDIK, each character has their own agency (not excessively though, this is still the mc's story), and they fuck up, just like real people. They don't exist for the mc, they exist with him, and you get to weigh up whether you like them or not. And even if they do fall for the mc, they still continue to exist for themselves too.

1. Quinn: Even if she isn't an official mail LI, she's my favourite. It's not that I actually like her personality, but I enjoy the story with her the most. Watching her falling for the mc, breaking down her barriers and her behaving counter to her typical self, it's definitely enjoyable.
  2. Sage: She seems like the most fun person of all the characters. Early scenes with her were the best, having suffered through a breakup has had her down for a while, and I'm not loving how desperate she became for the mc once the breakup was official, so hopefully episode 9 puts things better with her. But is she a DIK or a Chick kinda girl?
  3. Josy: Unfortunately for Josy, she hasn't really managed to escape the shallow "girl next door" stereotype yet, she's the least developed of all the LIs, but I still find her to be pretty cool. If there ends up being a solo route with her, and she gets more exposure, she could jump up in my rankings. We do know a lot of things about her, but it'd be nice to know more. Oh, and she's very cute. :giggle:
  4. Jill: I don't mind any of Jill's faults really, just didn't like the way she dumped the mc at the restaurant, she could have been more subtle and done it in private. Her being a virgin was handled well enough, her self consciousness was handled OK, and she over came that which is good. Hopefully she becomes a little more active in the sack, but for a first time she did well.
  5. Maya: I honestly find her kinda boring, there are some fun scenes with her, but mostly she's caught up in her own bullshit.
  6. Bella: She's the one LI I don't really give a shit about. I've played her route for completion purposes, but ultimately I find her to be insufferably unpleasant, and if I was the mc I would never have bothered to get to know her. Sure once you get past the Ice Queen exterior she's a caring person, but the age discrepancy between them is too much for me, and the authority dynamic (she usually acts superior to him) is not to my taste.
Great explanation, I share a lot of your views, beside some minor discrepancies, like I think Josy finally got well deserved attention from DPC and has great interactions when alone with MC, and my ranking slightly differ, Maya being dead last for me, she really needs something big to happen to her cause she's stagnating as a character (also glad I'm not the only one being put off by her skin lol), also Bella, I think she cares a lot for the MC and wants the best for him, probably the reason she's as severe.

But that's pretty much it, overall I share pretty much the same mindset on them.

Last edited:

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021

• A drug dealer
  • A pimp
  • A cunt

I think Bella is a good character, and I didn't see any power dynemic in my game. There the MC was in chrage and he controled the relationship(Mine is a massive dik). Josy is also good as she is, she isn't shellow she is the most normal of the girls without too much baggage, which gives a good counter the other LI's.

Jill is selfish, I really liked her but when I had to choose between a date with her and helping sick Sage(Even if I didn't want to romance her, I still wanted to help her as a normal human being). if you choose helping sage, she will get mad and you can't romance her afterwards lol.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes