w123t4

May 26, 2019
Finished the playthrough, just like I said before it is too early to separate each path from this early stage. If you want to play all the content you need to keep replaying it and it is very painful(not only the player but also the developer, make the game needed more time for developing by too many different scene in different paths).
Besides the path, using so much time for this ep just only finish 1 event is a little bit too much. The party planning is just like the house repairing system looks like will be used for a whole season and by judging how long the develop time is, what I think is that dr.pinkcake is trying to extent the game time for a season4 which is not very nice.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
this is not harem game(seducer), its a dating sim game for store release , mix path gives replay value that what this game is about. don't expect something that a game doesn't tell you expect. Have you played 'acting lessons'. you expect this to be like milfy city , filf, dreams of desire ,nlt games but its not. u cannot compare a darks souls game to jrpg one, you get the reference
You're 100% right.
And i think it's good balance, it was never harem but it started out with no commitment to anyone (each for her to own reason) and as things guys serious it eventually turns exclusive, as would usually happen and make sense.

I think some of the guys are bummed because there are 4 main girls + others, do essentially if you focus on one route you waited a few long months for a very brief progression.

On a diff note, I haven't played this episode yet, why are people complaining about comic book stuff?

DashaTaran

Jul 24, 2018
DashaTaran opalix Akyo Or anyone else who's having the infinite-looping issue:

Did some digging and decompiling, found the issue and have a solution.

TL;DR solution, can be done at any point during/after loop:
  1. Go to 00console.rpy, change

to
  2. Save the file, then relaunch the game
  3. Bring up console with shift-o
  4. Put in the following:

5. The loop should stop and throw you back into a free roam where you have like one task left
  6. If you want to go back to the other paths, redo those previous commands but set the branches back to True
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
thanks for your help
but it doesn't work
i even tried branchIsabella it still keeps looping

--------------------------------
Edit
I tried put this 4 into console
it works, throw me back into free roam

branchJill = False
branchJosyMaya = False
branchSage = False
+
branchMayaJosy = False

Last edited:

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
Jesus fucking hell. Why is there no troubleshoot/get help thread for BaDIK?

I came here to read what is everyone's opinion about the new episode. But instead it's just 60+ pages of: "I can't find the key", "My game keeps crashing at the Tommy/Jacob scene", "Where's the keg/tap?".

I'd tell them to use the search function, but they clearly don't read anything so it would be futile.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
yeah iam with you here... the episode is just one big free roam, and thats not what i expected... iam not that big of a fan of the free roams, so far they were ok and the scenes in them were fun. Not this time though... it felt like a chore. Well... on this note, DPC delivered perfectly, cause for the MC the party was more a chore than fun too right? Did he even had fun (besides the sex)?

Yeah the branching is kinda "huge" every path the whole party is different (not that much though like DPC stated) but still... its the same party all along. I have 16 savegames. But i think it will be the first time iam not playing evey single of them, cause there will nothing new to discover anyways. Will play each main girl, so 5 playthroughs. And the sixth will be my "others" path were i focus on riona and lily more... and thats it. I have tried so many different things in season 2, but with this episode all of it kinda felt wasted.

And iam a little bit concerned too where this game will be heading now.

First... DPC obviously loves the free roams, with each episode we got more and more of them, with way more time consuming stuff. I didnt mind it so far, cause the "normal" scenes were at least half of a episode too and the free roams and minigames makes the game more "alive". This time, 99% free roam. I really dont like that, thats way too much. Especially for the storytelling it sucks ass. I am afraid we will see more episodes where the free roams will a bigger part than the rest.

Second, the render numbers felt kinda "fake" over 5000 renders, yeah might be that way, but if every render is in the same 10 rooms just with slighty difference, it feels like a "cheap way out" to just increase the numbers without that much effort. Lets face it, a blink with an eye is already a new render image or a new placed bottle, and he did exactly that many times in this episode. The whole thing felt more like 1000 renders at top, episode 7 and 8 felt MUCH bigger, without the minigames and "free roam-chores" the whole episode 9 is one of the shortest i remember... for this timespan of a wait? REALLY not worth it. I paid for it, will not do so for the next update, at least not the full price.

For the plot, nothing got further... well at least the episode as kicked many things really off (but it felt like this after many peisodes, but DPC didnt dealt with it in the next), ep 10 has to deal with a lot of stuff, but i have a feeling... DPC will not do so. I mean, he had to deal with a lot stuff for this episode too after ep 7 and 8, didnt felt like he did, no scratch that, he didnt dealt with that much things, way to few. The whole party more or less postponed everything. And thats a huge problem like i see it... we all know from our schooldays and everyday live... postponing will lead to pile up...the pile will get bigger and bigger (regarding being a dik its a mount everest already) and at some point you have to deal with way to much in a very short time to get it at least somewhat done. Wich will lead to a sloppy work. (game of thrones season 7 and 8 anyone? exactly that was the big problem there, and DPC is heading that way too)

I played it from scratch to get better into the feeling after this wait, and can easily say, episode 9 is my least favorite so far. Especially for the plots i expected way more... AND for the fun times? In every single episode there were many things to laugh about and having a good time too... i didnt laugh this time. The humor was either dumb where only drunk people would laugh, or not worth a laugh anyways. DPC couldnt deliver there either. And thats a first. And as i said, the whole party was way more like a chore then everything else. At least it felt like this for me.

For episode 10, please less free roam, less "chores", more plot development, and a timejump would be a good thing too. Jump over christmas and all that, we already had enough christmans in this episode for my liking. and WAY WAY WAY more different locations with REALLY different scenes.
thanks for the nice write up. I’m gonna finish all my paths and spend some time thinking about the episode before I post my own thoughts, and unfortunately I’m guessing they will follow a similar pattern as your post

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I'm not really understanding the dislike some people have for the latest chapter. Personally, I think this was a good update. What I think it might be attributed to is that chapter 9 is almost like a new game entirely. By that I mean because of the interlude and the focus on being with only one girl, it seems like we're starting with an entirely new game that, while it is connected to, feels somewhat separated from the first eight chapters.

When chapter 1 first rolled out we were genuinely enthralled by the story and characters and were desperate to see more of them and where they go. By chapter 9 we've become fully invested in them and their stories. However, since this latest update could feel somewhat like another chapter 1 in a new storyline, we feel kind of cheated out of more time with the characters since we've followed them for so long. Could the creator have made this update longer with more to do? Maybe. However, I don't feel like I was shorted. It was an enjoyable start to the second edition of the DIK saga.

Of course, I might just be biased because of Bella's spectacular ass :BootyTime:
people disliked this episode because we waited a year and nothing significant happened regarding the narrative. The supposed “consequences“ of last episodes cliffhanger were meaningless. It has repetitive “gameplay” that essentially amounted to filler content with our usual cliffhanger/mystery ongoing in the background that only serve to set up future drama (that may or may not also end up being meaningless when it comes time to deliver on the set up).

the update is short and tedious to replay, you basically spend no real time with any of the main girls and the Vixens are barely in it and also pointless.

that’s just my initial conclusions, mind you. I have yet to finish each path and will better compose my thoughts in a future post. But gut instinct tells me that the above reasons are why people are greatly disappointed with this episode. Hope that helps you

Last edited:

SecretAsian

Jun 22, 2018
With Bella as my main, after punching/kicking out Oscar, there's a scene where Bella arrives at the party to see Jill when she's already at the party in a mummy costume. After Sage toasts mummy Bella the game loops back to when when uncostumed Bella arrives. Please fix.

Reactions: xceratxx

Shimizu69

Feb 13, 2020
You can skip the haunted mansion minigame entirely by writing
Code:
jump ep9_hm_escape_event_label
on the console.

And fix the Jill/Bella looping by writing
Code:
jump ep9_diks_ph2_mains2_event_label
on the console also.
Sorry not trying to sound stupid but how do you write in console while in the game?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes