Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Animations are used to create the right atmosphere and entourage. It is his artistic decision and he has every right to do so. In ep9 there were a lot of small animations like breathing of characters, stroking hands and so on that complemented the picture and did not make it so static and boring. The intro video was pretty good and atmospheric.
Sure, in the end he can pretty much do what he want, but if animations are already your bottleneck then effectively doubling the amount of time to render each animation to make them run slightly smoother is just not a smart move. Let alone the fact that those animations might lead to a lot of problems for people on weak systems/mobile devices.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Sure, in the end he can pretty much do what he want, but if animations are already your bottleneck then effectively doubling the amount of time to render each animation to make them run slightly smoother is just not a smart move. Let alone the fact that those animations might lead to a lot of problems for people on weak systems/mobile devices.
Its animations are of low quality, I don't know why there might be problems with its playback. These animations don't make the game worse or better, the only thing is they take time to render. Again that's not the biggest problem. I think DPС fans should be used to waiting by now( like Ocean fans).

Reactions: parachina

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I don't see many animations in books and yet they are more than able "to create the right atmosphere and entourage".

Of course he has every right to do so, if he wants he can make one episode in 5 years period, the thing is that as a players we see constant development time rise and small percent of players care about these great new features. Don't get me wrong, I know DPC wants BAD to be perfect in his way and wants to constantly improve himself, but from player perspective we just get less meaningful content in longer time period. If he would not be that stubborn and take anyone for help, reducing update time, no one would say bad world about mini-games or 60fps, quite contrary actually.
How much do the animations delay the release time? A month? A month or even two is a completely insignificant amount of time to pay attention to it. There's not much difference between 8 months of development and 10.

• Wow
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
How much do the animations delay the release time? A month? A month or even two is a completely insignificant amount of time to pay attention to it. There's not much difference between 8 months of development and 10.
That would be a difference of 25%, that isn't at all insignificant, especially since this will add up over the course of the whole game to about a year or more additional development time.

Mar 2, 2022

View attachment 3040040
Same material in the background as Preview #26.
26-Sage.png
We can confirm from this that Preview #26 takes place within a tent during the Thanksgiving party.

Graphic I created to showcase the assumed order of events from previews.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023

View attachment 3040040
Maya looks weird. It seems DPC decided to add skin gloss to all the characters. She looks about 10 years older in this rendering.
Same material in the background as Preview #26.
View attachment 3040047
We may assume from this that Preview #26 takes place within a tent during a Thanksgiving party.
Yeah, it looks like as with ep9 the party will end with sex with one of your girlfriends. But on the other hand, Josy is in a different environment in her preview. If you remember ep4 there Josy and Maya talk about traveling in a trailer, so probably one of the sleepovers will be either in a trailer with Josy or with Maya in a tent.

Aug 29, 2023
I was going through episode 1 again. It’s the scene where the MC wakes up after the first night in Maya’s room (after he’d been dreaming of Jade or Cathy, so Maya noticed his morning erection), and she says goodbye before her morning run. It’s more noticeable after she leaves, but it’s there as she’s talking to him:

Smoke.jpg

The smoke.

I can’t tell whether Maya’s eyes are dilated or bloodshot in that scene—

screenshot0004.png

—but she lit something up before her run. Might explain the bad skin.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
You realize that people are getting old and they will just lose interest about the game and never see the end of it right? People who probably have supported the game for a few years.
Whoever plays this game since the start aren't happy with the time length of every update being increased with no meaningful progress. If I tell you I had fun with ep9. I'd be lying. I had way more fun playing Zoey's interlude.
If I wanted 60p cinematic animations I'd play other games instead of visual novels. I play visual novels for the story and immerge myself in the main character's life progress.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
You realize that people are getting old and they will just lose interest about the game and never see the end of it right? People who probably have supported the game for a few years.
Whoever plays this game since the start aren't happy with the time length of every update being increased with no meaningful progress. If I tell you I had fun with ep9. I'd be lying. I had way more fun playing Zoey's interlude.
If I wanted 60p cinematic animations I'd play other games instead of visual novels. I play visual novels for the story and immerge myself in the main character's life progress.
I understand, but there's nothing we can do about it. He did it based on his own artistic vision and taste. Although I admit the animations in ep9 were of poor quality (especially the bus ride animation).
I just don't see the point in talking about it all the time, we can only accept it.
And since we have no way out, maybe we should focus on the positives of these animations?

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Maya started going to the solarium? Or looked into a destroyed, blazing nuclear reactor? It's like a nuclear tan.

View attachment 3040094
This is what we need. :rolleyes:
I'm loving it. :sneaky:(y)
And I like the trend.
DPC goes the right way.
Let him make them all ugly, and then everyone will see the life-giving Light of Quinn.
They will see and appreciate it. :cautious:
Someone ancient said - "The Quinnism doctrine is omnipotent because it is true." :sneaky:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes