jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
I actually get the feeling with Jill that that is exactly what is developing if you ask her out and she rejects you. You see her coming out of her shell a little bit when she comes to the party wearing a sexier outfit (versus the banana), etc. with her friend even commenting that it suits her and that she can't believe Jill rejected MC.

I've had the feeling for a while that if the MC doesn't get onboard with Jill's "CHICK" ways, she doesn't mesh with him initially, but will gradually pull a "Sandy" from Grease as the narrative progresses and evolve more into her sister with a "bad side", eventually culminating in a compatible "DIK" version of Jill.
It just feels like something that should exist. Grease is the perfect example. Everyone is telling her its not the right move: Bella, her brain (given her past dating experiences), her friends, her parents. The MC is exactly who she's been warned about. But something in her heart tells her he's different, she's always wondered, etc

ygor958

Apr 23, 2020
so i loaded the interlude save (the one that says "save here") right at the start when jacob says "its one scary fucking mansion", the game just close itself, no error message, its has repeatability, every single time the game just closes at exactly the same dialogue, any hints?

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
I feel like the Interlude actually had more content. I'd be pissed if I was a patreon subscriber and paid like 10 bucks a month for one giant free-roam broken up into like 4 parts.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
so i loaded the interlude save (the one that says "save here") right at the start when jacob says "its one scary fucking mansion", the game just close itself, no error message, its has repeatability, every single time the game just closes at exactly the same dialogue, any hints?
Save fix in the OP. You used a modded game at some point, and DPC hates when people ask him to do support on other people's software (the mod), so he breaks the game if there is anything in your persistent save which was made on a modded game. People will complain, but the fix came out the day of release, and if you had just looked in the OP (original post), you would have found your answer.

ygor958

Apr 23, 2020
Save fix in the OP. You used a modded game at some point, and DPC hates when people ask him to do support on other people's software (the mod), so he breaks the game if there is anything in your persistent save which was made on a modded game. People will complain, but the fix came out the day of release, and if you had just looked in the OP (original post), you would have found your answer.
it worked thank you, and even if i actually looked the OP, it wont fix because i didnt have the information that DPC break old mod saves on purpose and that i need a fix at first, how would i find my awser if i dont know the question :WeSmart:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
How do you come to a conclusion any electric appliance starts flashing, when it gets knocked out from a power surge?
Mine always stop working in such events.... ;)

And why should there be a powercord near a battery device in the corner of a room if its not to feed it?
Power cords never run from a corner to the middle of the room, always straight from side to the point for a device, usually wall to middle for feeding a lamp...
it's not like it's isolated in the corner of the room, it's inside a lamp (I think) a place where a power cable comes in anyway, connecting the camera to that power cable is not a complicated operation (by normal standards, at BR I don't know)

the flashing light could also be the normal stand by warning (if it was basically a security camera it would be believable, i don't think Vinnie has cia supplies) or a malfunction

but does it matter why it flashes?

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
I actually get the feeling with Jill that that is exactly what is developing if you ask her out and she rejects you. You see her coming out of her shell a little bit when she comes to the party wearing a sexier outfit (versus the banana), etc. with her friend even commenting that it suits her and that she can't believe Jill rejected MC.

I've had the feeling for a while that if the MC doesn't get onboard with Jill's "CHICK" ways, she doesn't mesh with him initially, but will gradually pull a "Sandy" from Grease as the narrative progresses and evolve more into her sister with a "bad side", eventually culminating in a compatible "DIK" version of Jill.
she gets a banana outfit on her route? screenshot please

meth8472

May 1, 2017
This error happens at the Haunted Mansion, tried new install without mod, without mod and save fix and with sancho mod.
any ideas?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/misc/flashlight.rpy", line 23, in render
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_ph2_events.rpyc", line 1091, in script
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1658, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired=paired)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1657, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2798, in do_with
    return self.interact(trans_pause=True,
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3912, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2602, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 884, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/transition.py", line 378, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 884, in render
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 704, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Sat Dec 31 09:47:21 2022

rohithchagara

Feb 9, 2020
Since I have about a hundred things on my plate, help me help you... what pathing were you on (I don't have time to load your specific save as I have two machines busy coding the mod update currently). I'm also hearing there's another loop issue. Tag me with specifics either here or in SanchoMod's thread if you'd be so kind. Regards.
When Bella meets sage in the side hallway it keeps repeating for modded saves bro.pleaseee help me

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
why was scrappy mods removed from OP?
Because DPC doesn't like him and created a lot of cheat checks to make some saves that had 2 or more branches in the same gameplay useless. And some DPC warriors were here raging at people who used his mods and were asking for help instead of reading the first page to find the fixes.
But you can still find his mods if you do a search.
Also there is the problem that a lot of people keep asking for the update version of his mod that is already updated, only because on his page says his mod is version 0.9 and the game is 0.91. People can't understand that the 0.91 was only bug fixes and that he mods works in this version as well.

Reactions: Zero919

Zero919

May 2, 2017
Because DPC doesn't like him and created a lot of cheat checks to make some saves that had 2 or more branches in the same gameplay useless. And some DPC warriors were here raging at people who used his mods and were asking for help instead of reading the first page to find the fixes.
Also there is the problem that a lot of people keep asking for the update version of his mod that is already updated, only because on his page says his mod is version 0.9 and the game is 0.91. People can't understand that the 0.91 was only bug fixes and that he mods works in this version as well.
I know all this and have already downloaded its updated version 0.9.1
I mean there is a version of Sancho1969 and people will also ask for help from Sancho1969 in the future when new versions come out, why not just leave 2 links to Sancho1969 and Scrappy...
I'm just interested in the reason for removing the Scrappy mod :unsure:

Reactions: BorgiaBou

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Yeah but then why is the other multi mod still there in the OP but not scrappy's?

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
This error happens at the Haunted Mansion, tried new install without mod, without mod and save fix and with sancho mod.
any ideas?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_ph2_events.rpyc", line 1091, in script
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1658, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired=paired)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1657, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2798, in do_with
    return self.interact(trans_pause=True,
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3912, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2602, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/transition.py", line 378, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "/Users/stephankafer/Desktop/renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 704, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Sat Dec 31 09:47:21 2022
When Bella meets sage in the side hallway it keeps repeating for modded saves bro.pleaseee help me
Help me out of the loop plz
1. Always when you have a problem caused by modded saves or mods, check the first page of the thread for the fixes. there are 2 fixes in the first page, try to see if any of them help with your situation.
2. Also it has been a week since the game release, it means a lot of people may have run into the same situation you are in righ now.
Use the "Search" in the top right corner of this thread to search your issue. You gonna get a lot of results of people who already typed the same problem as you and others who already offered the help to fix the situation.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
I know all this and have already downloaded its updated version 0.9.1
I mean there is a version of Sancho1969 and people will also ask for help from Sancho1969 in the future when new versions come out, why not just leave 2 links to Sancho1969 and Scrappy...
I'm just interested in the reason for removing the Scrappy mod :unsure:
Yeah. The difference between Sancho mod and Scrappy mod is that Scrappy's previous mods would allow people to do more than 1 branch in 1 only gameplay (DPC wants the people to play each path, each branch, he didn't like that feature of his mod). Like Bella and Sage. Or Jill And others. Stuff like that. Many people ended up running in loops because DPC has created a lot of anticheat checks to stop these people. With that, everyone said that it only happened with Scrappy mods. Because of it his mod got removed from the first page.

Also, every mod has their own threads. People instead of going look for help on their threads they flood this chat with the same question over and over instead of looking the first page for help. They want the easy route to fix their problems.

If people keep asking for help over and over for this sancho mod and start to irritate the old members of this thread, they will remove that too soon enough.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes