robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
personally i really like Jill's looks. her personality is unbelievably naive as Bella likes to remind her after Tibalt starts to blackmail her into having dates. what girl wouldn't go and check out his story before agreeing to this though. especially since she has a hot shot lawyer at her disposal. but all she had to do was go talk to Trent etc about the stuff Tibalt was saying and most likely she would get a confused look for them because they have no idea what the hell she is talking about. anyway, yeah this social justice bullying shit is boring as fuck but DPC seems to just love jamming that SJW bullshit down our throats. hope you watch these threads DPC but i doubt it. your SJW shit in games is beyond irritating. let it go dude. or in the immortal words of Ronnie James/Chopper Read. HARDEN THE FUCK UP!!!

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I’ve just noticed the tips that you can cycle through in the main menu. One of them says that DPC wrote the entire history out in advance.

Does anyone who’s been following this thread game in depth for a long ass time have insight into the truth of this?

On the one hand the game is very well written and DPC has IMO done a good job with connecting dots and maintaining oversight over the various branches.

On the other hand you have things like Jill getting added in late, a huge growth in audience and scope of the game, also in a technical sense. I also think that a character like Quinn perhaps became more popular than expected, which may have molded the scope of her story. You could also add a growing number of side characters, the interlude and other stuff that to me seems to indicate that the story and events have been significantly molded as natural consequence of the development rather than everything being pre-written to that last comma.

Or maybe I’m just conspiratorial idk.
The overall plot was set in stone before the first release came out. (And that's how most good stories are written. It's extremely rare that a fly by the seat of your pants plot works out coherently, let alone being well written.)

As far as Jill being added "late", it's true that she wasn't part of the very initial concept. But she was added well before the original v0.1 release came out, when the overall story was still being formed in DPC's mind.

However, none of that means the less critical details, e.g. broccoli, or for that matter the dialog, were set in stone from the get go.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
Arieth is preggo by D-BOY i think since in that photo looks like D-Boy was in the pussy and Jacob was in her ass. no way that lil dick Dawe has the ability to knock a girl up considering what a ROIDer he was before Quinn changed his order to sugar cubes..:ROFLMAO:

ReeseQian

Sep 16, 2019
Arieth is preggo by D-BOY i think since in that photo looks like D-Boy was in the pussy and Jacob was in her ass. no way that lil dick Dawe has the ability to knock a girl up considering what a ROIDer he was before Quinn changed his order to sugar cubes..:ROFLMAO:
In My game .. Derek did not had sex with Her Only Jacob did... (I choose to go back in dorm with Maya) .. So it cant be Him... and I think it Big A.. Or some guy where Mc kicked Nerd in for perving in

Reactions: robrize2169

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
In My game .. Derek did not had sex with Her Only Jacob did... (I choose to go back in dorm with Maya) .. So it cant be Him... and I think it Big A.. Or some guy where Mc kicked Nerd in for perving in
Well, she was also hitting on 'roid Caleb, not to mention a threesome with Jamie & Leon... :unsure:

Imagine that, Jamie got Arieth but not his gf preggo. Oh the soap opera drama...

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I wonder who is the girl that fits our MC the most. I say its either Sage or Zoey, but who knows what girl can DPC throw at us in the future.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I can't help myself, I gotta weigh in on this one! :D

Bella does consider herself married. She tells the mc in episode 2:

Bella: "This didn't happen."​
Bella: "You're still drunk."​
mc: "Are you...sure?"​
Bella: "Fuckface... I'm a married woman."​
mc: "Oh..."​
Bella: "Go to sleep."​
mc: "(Damn...)"​

But she also thinks it to herself shortly afterwards:

Bella: "(Why did he...?)"​
Bella: "(I don't understand...)"​
Bella: "(I feel so...so...dirty...)"​
Bella: "(This is not what a married woman does...)"​

So there's that; Bella considers herself a married woman. But it's complicated. If we continue her thoughts from the above scene:

Bella: "(I'm so sorry...)"​
Bella: "(It just caught me completely off guard...)"​
Bella: "(How long has it been since a man did this to me?)"​
Bella: "(Three years?)"​
Bella: "(No, that can't be right...)"​
Bella: "(I haven't gotten an urge to touch myself...that's all...)"​
Bella: "(Until tonight...)"​

Three years? She hasn't done anything sexual for roughly three years? Where has her husband been for that time? Because of the Burke-looking soldier in the mc's alcohol fuelled stumble through Bella's house, there is some speculation that he's in the army, but a 3-year tour of duty is kinda not likely.

So there aren't any legit explanations that can innocently explain why he's been AWOL for three years.

In episode 3, when Bella is lashing out at students in the library, the cause for it is the sexual tension between her and the mc while at the same time she is helping to set him up with Jill. Her thoughts once again:

Bella: "(I can't lash out at students like that...)"​
Bella: "(...)"​
Bella: "(I did the right thing.)"​
Bella: "(This was for Jill.)"​
Bella: "(Married women don't fool around with young students.)"​
Bella: "(...)"​
Bella: "(They aren't intimate with friends either...)"​
Bella: "(But that...that was different!)"​
Bella: "(It doesn't matter... I've stopped it.)"​
Bella: "(Please, James... Forgive me.)"​
Bella: "(Please, just come home again...)"​
Bella: "(It's been long enough now.)"​

The first part she's talking about how she shouldn't be fooling around with the mc, but the second part, being intimate with friends, we don't know who she's talking about (but there's some speculation it's Jill based on their argument in bed when the mc's on the couch). Then she goes on to ask for James' forgiveness and for him to come home again (after 3 years as we've speculated above).

But then in episode 4 (if you stay at Bella's house), she has the following thoughts about the mc:

Bella: "(Why can't I stop thinking these dirty thoughts about him...?)"​
Bella: "(All these words that I'd never dare tell him...)"​
Bella: "(It's adultery...isn't it?)"​
Bella: "(Can I just decide to move on?)"​
Bella: "(What if James comes home?)"​
Bella: "(Would he blame me if I did this?)"​
Bella: "(After all this time?)"​
Bella: "(I have forgiven him...)"​

So she is aware that moving on is an option on the table, she's just found it difficult. On top of that, she forgives him. So earlier she was asking for forgiveness (for the mc, or for something that happened long ago) and now she's saying she forgives her husband. What went down three years ago?

Then in episode 6, the mc confronts her feelings:

mc: "We both want it. We wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't so."​
Bella: "Yes, but I feel ashamed for wanting it..."​
mc: "Because of that ring on your finger?"​
Bella: "Yes."​
mc: "I get it..."​
mc: "But correct me if I'm wrong..."​
mc: "I've had the feeling he's not around anymore... Am I wrong?"​
Bella: "No, it's...different today."​
mc: "Then, if that's the case... I don't see why you should feel ashamed."​
mc: "You should be allowed to feel something else."​

Of course the mc is just a horny cunt trying to convince a girl to suck his dick, but he's not wrong. Her husband is gone, and has been gone for quite some time. Their marriage is over, but Bella is struggling to come to terms with it. How Bella's situation got to this point we don't know, she and her husband could have both been unfaithful, had a big fight, and he left but she didn't want it to end at the time. Or, he died, and she's struggling to accept it. Who knows.

Bella had no intention to start the relationship with the mc, she didn't file for divorce because she may have been holding out for her husbands return, or she used the marriage (and the ring) to keep men (particularly Burke) at a distance because she wasn't ready for another relationship.

None of this makes her a bad person, and if your husband leaves you and three years later you start to have feelings for someone else. I don't believe that's cheating.

By the end of episode 7, if the mc is with her, she removes her ring. She decides it's time to move on. At some time she should probably legally get a divorce if it's required (assuming her husband isn't dead).

But we also have the mc's internal monologue in episode 3 when he makes out with her in the library:

mc: "At the time I couldn't understand Bella."​
mc: "The attraction was there, but for her it felt so wrong."​
mc: "I remember feeling bad about kissing a married woman."​
mc: "I figured she felt the same since she was being unfaithful to her husband..."​
mc: "...which, of course, is a very big deal."​
mc: "But if I had known the real reasons to her tears..."​
mc: "...and to her persona..."​
mc: "I wouldn't have kissed her that night."​
mc: "I would have called out for help."​

There's something more to Bella's predicament, something more serious than we've come to understand at this point.

Of course, depending on your decision, there is definitely one thing that Bella is doing that is pretty terrible. While setting Jill up with the mc, and fully aware of how strong Jill's feelings are for him, she's fucking the mc behind Jill's back. But if you're not on Bella's path, none of that happens, so you can't hold it against her.

Bottom line: Her husband has been gone for 3 years. She's finally decided to move on and start a new relationship. That's not cheating. Finalizing a divorce would be a good idea though.

And for the record, some people feel guilty starting a relationship even if their spouse has died (and that's literally the end clause to a marriage, "'till death do us part"). Relationships and the feelings that are associated with them are probably one of the most complicated things we deal with in our lives, and so many people are not qualified to do it.

Well done, excellent analysis of what is happening so far. I had forgotten about the MC's library monologue, that is intriguing. No matter how you slice it, Bella is not an adulterer who whores around on her husband, not when she hasn't been with someone for three years.

It's a good story anyhow and I hope some of the questions surrounding her are answered soon. She's still my favourite anyhow. She's hurting and is in need of someone to love badly, and I am a sucker for a woman who is hurting like that.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Hey man, amazing summery, you put all the points and relevant quotes in one place! Thank you!

What are your theories about the this part:
mc: "But if I had known the real reasons to her tears..."​
mc: "...and to her persona..."​
mc: "I wouldn't have kissed her that night."​
mc: "I would have called out for help."​
Maybe she caught her husband in bed with another woman and killed him in a jealous rage? :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: robrize2169

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (non-critical)

Links in the mod's OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Since the mod is not listed in the VN's OP you can find it here as always (feel free to bookmark it or grab the link from my signature if desired)

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Added an information notifier to the MiniStat if the player is using a save that will ultimately fail because they previously used some other mod/hack that carried over, and gives an automatic method to fix it (by clicking the associated green button). See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Added a SanchoNotifier during the Jill lewd for an easily missable event variable (Ep9JillOrgasm) during in-game play. This does NOT populate during the SanchoGallery though, so as not to be intrusive. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Improved and more intuitive VarCheats within SanchoCheats that are Branch specific (as the player changes the current Branch cheat). This will further insure as pure a playthrough as possible if the player decides to activate a Branch cheat. See mod FAQ for details.
Other extras you might be interested in to go along with your SanchoMod installation:
  • Season 3 music revert (get the old music back): Grab it here
  • Season 3 Sancho's personal import file (all Branches): Grab it here
You won't find a more exhaustive, professionally written mod designed specifically for DIKs period.

Go get you some. Enjoy and regards.
- Sancho
Apologies folks but I received a report of a fatal exception error in the above update so it's now resolved along with some additional minor tweaks. This update is classified as critical since the issue is not merely a nuisance but rather a game crashing bug. So, it's highly recommended to update when feasible. Regards.

SanchoMod - Update (Critical)

Links in the mod's OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - issue of fatal exception thrown with new VarCheats when playing via Import rather than loading a previous save file.
  • Changed - Tightened up the VarCheat code to also be Episode specific.
  • Changed - Renamed and re-color coded the "TC" points to "TremoloCheat" points. (I'm assuming here but can change it later if found to be something else.)
Thanks to ReeseQian for reporting the bug. It's a rookie mistake I should not have made so, again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Yes it is. A softer version of cheating if you will.

Thats one of the biggest plot holes in the story imo, woulndt you want to know if the woman you're involved with is married or wtf is happening? You wouldnt care for a one night stand but romancing Bella is different, it definitely is one of the first things you would want to know but Tremolo doesnt ask once more.
Yes, when I was young and horny, I used to fully analyze all relationship possibilities to make sure I didn't do anything wrong... LMAO... sorry, but... horny males tend to think with the little head first and don't worry about consequences quite as much.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
But another good theory is they lost a child and it fucked the marriage up.
That wouldn't fit at all. Why would Bella forgive him? HE done something wrong... it ultimately either caused him to leave, or he is dead. Maybe he committed suicide? Jill is involved somehow. I also wonder about the origin of Jill and Bella's relationship. Why are they so close, given their age difference etc...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes