Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
scrappy has already said it'll be out likely tomorrow, if not latest Sunday so just wait for the mod update... it's not like we're going to be waiting months. :rolleyes:
Right. After months waiting for the update a few days aren't gonna kill us.

Dunno, it worked for non compressed so it should work with compressed
That's actually not really an indicator. It depends on if the compressed version retains the same structure as the regular game or not.
If it does, the patch will work, if not it isn't likely to work.
Sometimes the people doing the compressed versions use unren to extract multiple file packages and if they don't repack them once the compressed version is finished, then a mod for the regular version won't work for the compressed one.

Reactions: TheLegend1337

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Give to him the time... I played without mod to enjoy the update and I will play it again with mod to see if I made the right choices... While you wait play the game and stop make pressure :)

Reactions: Chop21

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
yo guys i've used the mod in the old version.. now with the new one i can't play .. is there any way i can remove the mod ??
You shouldn't install the mod in the game in its current version. I think the problem is in your saves.

Existence X

Oct 14, 2018
I had all kinds of trouble getting the patch to work in BaDIK 4.0 on my Windows PC.
I tried tthe 2 options mentioned here but neither worked:
  1. just extract "1BadikCh.rpy" from the mod and place it in the game folder (BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game)
  2. run UnRen.bat and choose option 9, then follow above instruction to install patch file

I suspect those for whom option 1 above worked, were working with previous saves.
As others reported, using option 2 just created a hot mess - I wasn't able to open the game, just got a bunch of errors.

So, for those starting from scratch and not using previous save games (and can't/don't want to wait for the full patch), I found the following worked for me:
  1. Extract fresh copy of Being A Dik to location of choice (natch)
  2. Place UnRen in Being a DIK folder ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc" on my PC), run UnRen and pick option 1
  3. Delete scripts.rpa file in "game" folder ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game")
  4. Go into "game\scripts\misc" folder and delete cheat_detection file(s) ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game\scripts\misc")
  5. Open your AppData folder: hit "Windows" key, type "%appdata%", hit Enter
  6. Go to "RenPy" folder and delete Being A DIK folder ("BeingaDIK-1535311494" or similar)
  7. Extract the mod and place "1BadikCh.rpy" in the "game" folder ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game")
Thanks, worked on compressed vers.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
is there a console command to unlock scenes, or we must wait for mod to be updated to v 0.4 before unlock scenes will work again?

Reactions: WaveOfPig

ThunderL

Jul 17, 2019
I had all kinds of trouble getting the patch to work in BaDIK 4.0 on my Windows PC.
  1. just extract "1BadikCh.rpy" from the mod and place it in the game folder (BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game)
  2. run UnRen.bat and choose option 9, then follow above instruction to install patch file

I suspect those for whom option 1 above worked, were working with previous saves.
As others reported, using option 2 just created a hot mess - I wasn't able to open the game, just got a bunch of errors.

So, for those starting from scratch and not using previous save games (and can't/don't want to wait for the full patch), I found the following worked for me:
  2. Place UnRen in Being a DIK folder ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc" on my PC), run UnRen and pick option 1
  4. Go into "game\scripts\misc" folder and delete cheat_detection file(s) ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game\scripts\misc")
  6. Go to "RenPy" folder and delete Being A DIK folder ("BeingaDIK-1535311494" or similar)
  7. Extract the mod and place "1BadikCh.rpy" in the "game" folder ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game")
I don't have the Being A DIK folder in the RenPy folder. Is there anywhere else I can find it?
Edit: found it after using a different program to extract. But, after following all the steps, the game gave me errors still

Last edited:

LA4N10

Dec 25, 2017

Worked for me, except there are no more photos in the message section of the phone.

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
Do I copy and paste in the save file my 3.0 version saves first and then download the mod, or download the mod and paste the save files?

Don't want to fuck up the game or something.

SSJGOD

Nov 7, 2018
Do I copy and paste in the save file my 3.0 version saves first and then download the mod, or download the mod and paste the save files?

Don't want to fuck up the game or something.

Back up your saves. I believe you have to start a new game but it's worth it because you can be a dik and a chick at the same time. You can not use the mod on original saves

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
Back up your saves. I believe you have to start a new game but it's worth it because you can be a dik and a chick at the same time. You can not use the mod on original saves
I've used the mod previously, all my saves are with it.

I think i've fucked up the game, should have waited for the 4.0 mod update haha.

SSJGOD

Nov 7, 2018
I've used the mod previously, all my saves are with it.

I think i've fucked up the game, should have waited for the 4.0 mod update haha.
Yep you have. I made sure to back up my original. I had a feeling something like that would happen. Make sure you back up the cheat saves aswell.

Reactions: TuffyTenToes

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
Just put the mod in the new update everything is gonna work just fine, I tried it you have nothing to worry about.
Also no when scrappy update the mod your saves will not be lost.
Didn't need to use the unren? oh crap, that's why it fucked up the game.
I'll do that, thanks for the help.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

KKnuck

Jun 5, 2017
I'm about to start this game once this mod is updated. How does this work when it comes to both paths? I know this mod shows the result of choices, but surely you can still only follow one path?

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes