4.40 star(s) 50 Votes

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
What I am going to do is add placeholder variables in v0.15a, this is so that future updates will work with saves. So saves made on V0.15a will work on all future updates. You will never need to start a new game again :D :geek:
Thanks in advance - that is definitely going to be an improvement and will make continuation much easier :cool:!
Is it possible to upload this "placeholder" separately for us to download only instead of having to donload the whole game again?

Btw, I really enjoyed your game so far, Mr Sandman, in particular the many quite detailed character backgrounds, skill implementations and relation systematics are promising for some fine interactive "gameplay".

While casually going through the games' folders I could notice how detailed your work has been so far:
all these images... from fullscreen backgrounds up to the smallest icons - what an effort, wow (y)!!
In this "image" folder there are still many images in .png format instead of the much smaller file sized .jpg format
you've been already using in most of the subfolders. The overall file size of your great work could be reduced drastically by
batch-converting all these .png's into .jpgs (and maybe additionally the videos from .mpg to .webm or such ?!) :geek:
Just an idea... due to the actual file size being quite huge already ;)

Keep up the cool work!

GayLord Jesus

Oct 9, 2021
A fine piece of sci-fi game with many aliens, cyborg, robot and human character plus beautifully rendered scenes and curves, though our Super Man protagonist could become a masterpiece with little bit of sorcery skills to counter Black Adam.
Game took an interesting approach to unlocking super powers and skills, I love it, and not making them mandatory for progression was smart.
Hopefully some dedicated modder could tweek the game code and make patches for gaining sufficient EXP to unlock all powers & skills at will. So far looks awesome.

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
Savings loans fucker get too close to my Ruby, I'm gonna laser beam his ass. It sucks that in order to get the blow job scene from Ana I have to be the "bad guy" and go against Nikki's wishes which was no not start a fight. To the Dev there should be an reward for being to good hero also, otherwise it's gonna feel kind of pointless.

Should've been good hero MC gets BJ or HJ from Nikki that way both routes get some sort of sexual content. But the game is to my liking and hope it gets the well deserved attention.

silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
Seems like upgrading the "bonus XP for speech checks" skill immediately and then upping social skills just a little as needed is by far the best way to go right now. Basically pays for itself within a couple quests as there are so many speech checks and there are pretty few chances to use superpowers right now (and, of the chances there are, a few just use one of the ones you can get for free).

Like some others have expressed, I also thought that some of the powers-morality relationships aren't super intuitive. For example, a villain could certainly make use of dream manipulation, talking to the dead, flight, etc. On the other hand, maybe it would help to think of it as "here are some of the powers the hero of this story happens to develop and here are the powers the villain happens to develop" rather than thinking the developer is saying "flight is a power only hero would use".

If the developer wants us to have access to some of "opposite-aligned" powers, maybe one way to do that would be to have it tied to the number of heroic or villainous actions rather than the sum morality score. Sort of like Mass Effect having separate Paragon and Renegade scores. This would let you play a more consistent character that, for example, is mostly good but not afraid to get his hands dirty, rather than being one morality for a while just to unlock a power and then going fully the other way. Or maybe just make powers more expensive for opposite-aligned characters to unlock. Just something to think about.

I really, really like the game so far. It's very ambitious so I wish you the best! I'd love to see where this could go.

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
GAME_Banner_.png
[VN] [Ren'Py]
This is the Italian translation of Being Super [v0.17d]

Include: Walkthrough Mod [0.17c] [AdanGC Mods]
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Start new game please. (Saves made before V0.15a will not work)
Inizia una nuova partita per favore. (I salvataggi fatti prima della V0.15a non funzioneranno)

*This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"

Last edited:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I like how the society in this game's world has super advanced technology, super powers, and travel to Mars, but apparently adjustable car seats are beyond them. That, or mom doesn't know how to drive for shit. We'll ignore her foot placement (pedals?) and lack of a seatbelt.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
I like how the society in this game's world has super advanced technology, super powers, and travel to Mars, but apparently adjustable car seats are beyond them. That, or mom doesn't know how to drive for shit. We'll ignore her foot placement (pedals?) and lack of a seatbelt.
hey we have FTL asteroids coming from an exploding mars and no environmental repercussions from the whole solar system's gravity balance being disrupted by the loss of a planet.... leave the car seats alone :D :D :D

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
hey we have FTL asteroids coming from an exploding mars and no environmental repercussions from the whole solar system's gravity balance being disrupted by the loss of a planet.... leave the car seats alone :D :D :D
Eh, ironically suddenly losing Mars would probably benefit Earth unless its debris and moons decided to head towards the Sun instead of Jupiter and we were "in the way". Really depends on where / when everything is during its orbital period. Losing Jupiter on the other hand...that would be pretty catastrophic.

Reactions: Mr Sandman

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
Eh, ironically suddenly losing Mars would probably benefit Earth unless its debris and moons decided to head towards the Sun instead of Jupiter and we were "in the way". Really depends on where / when everything is during its orbital period. Losing Jupiter on the other hand...that would be pretty catastrophic.
in most likely scenarios we'd drift away from the sun, which could cause catastrophic climate change as earth cooled dramatically. Probably remain in the 'habitable zone' of sol but we'd be in some shit

Zagnut

Feb 10, 2018
I need a way to grind for experience without doing the quests so that I can do the best possible on all of the quests. That's my big constructive criticism for this. It's good that you can complete them without needing to do a bunch of grinding but you should be able to grind for this stuff if you want to go through the effort.

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
I need a way to grind for experience without doing the quests so that I can do the best possible on all of the quests. That's my big constructive criticism for this. It's good that you can complete them without needing to do a bunch of grinding but you should be able to grind for this stuff if you want to go through the effort.
Dev shared cheat code for experience one or two page behind i think. You can use that

4.40 star(s) 50 Votes