4.30 star(s) 56 Votes

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
then what else i do
Make sure game is closed.
Drag and drop the 'saves' folder into the 'game' folder. Overwrite if asked too.

Screenshot 2024-09-27 145021.png

If you have already opened the game, you will need to delete the renpy saves, if you haven't, just open game and go.

If you've opened game, click Windows button & R.
Type into the box %appdata%\RenPy\
Delete the folder called 'BeingSuper-1528208154'

Then open game and you're good to go.

• Sad
Reactions: Mr Sandman

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I really want this game to succeed, which is why I'm going to offer the same unsolicited advice again.

CUT DOWN ON YOUR WORKLOAD.

If you insist on having two different versions of the protagonist, fine. If its your unshakable vision to have a staggeringly large amount of player choice, I understand. But you could cut your static renders down by well over half by just NOT overdoing a scene. For instance, the MC is sitting on a couch in one scene, there's some dialogue and description at the bottom, then he turns his head, more description, turns his head back, we hear his thoughts, sits forward a little, one more line of dialogue.

Now if you guys had a reasonably fast dev cycle, I would say that's fine (completely unnecessary, but its your perogative), but this game is three years old and it has less content than some games released just this year. You're good writers. For scenes that are not visually dynamic, its okay to have only a single render, or at least far less renders than your currently use and more words instead. Not only would this emphasize your writing abilities, but it would cut down production times, allowing for faster releases or longer chapters.

Food for thought. I'll keep supporting either way.
Done correctly the multiple MC skins should pretty trivial.
But I am not sure they are actually doing it correctly...

You also might have a point about unnecessary small static image changes during normal dialog.
Although one should not go over the top in trimming images.
And depending on how it is done it might not be too bad in terms of work.

I noticed there are some pretty redundant programming issues too.

After every choice there is an entire function for giving XP. which should have just been replaced with a simple function call.
giveCombatXP();

Also for some reason the white MC and black MC files are labeled differently. which requires code to load the correct image.
which is silly. just have 3 branches.
> code
> light
> dark

you make code changes in code.
then the light and dark branches can each automatically import those code changes and compile. (or manually if you don't want to set up automation)
when a new image file is added. add the light version to light repo and the dark version to dark repo. with same filename in same location. and watch as it auto compiles it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Master of Puppets

natehale1971

Jul 7, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/After_Party_1_Scenes.rpy", line 2225, in <module>
NameError: name 'Ruby_Possible_romance' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "AllPhoneConversations.rpyc", line 20, in script call
File "AllPhoneConversations.rpyc", line 35, in script call
File "FINDING_MINIGAME.rpyc", line 95, in script call
File "After_Party_1_Scenes.rpyc", line 2225, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/After_Party_1_Scenes.rpy", line 2225, in <module>
NameError: name 'Ruby_Possible_romance' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.9.2142
Being Super 0.20a.LIGHT
Fri Sep 27 02:06:12 2024

Reactions: Mr Sandman and f4f4

Luis Cipher

Formerly 'Fearghas'
Mar 8, 2020
Man this is borked. Keep getting errors at the gym when sis catches you with Anna. Clicking the stat screens also goes to errors. Really don't want to start from the beggining again. Tried moving the saves as well.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Is there a Walkthrough for this fucking game? I'm looking at the Achievements for extra EXP and noticing entire Story beats that simply don't exist in the Order I've experienced.

Like Story 7, 8, and 9. Something to do with a 'Marking Machine' and a Passcode?

The other issue is, these are probably hidden behind Power Checks that dimply aren't told to you. Like Accelerated Perception allowing you to Beat the Robots at the Hospital, or Super Speed saving Taylor from a Fall. Those are the only 2 I've found by the way, for all I know there's more.

I just wish there was an indicator of when I need to spend a Gazillion EXP to have these Powers at the right time when the Checks go off...

• Wow

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
Is there a Walkthrough for this fucking game? I'm looking at the Achievements for extra EXP and noticing entire Story beats that simply don't exist in the Order I've experienced.

Like Story 7, 8, and 9. Something to do with a 'Marking Machine' and a Passcode?

The other issue is, these are probably hidden behind Power Checks that dimply aren't told to you. Like Accelerated Perception allowing you to Beat the Robots at the Hospital, or Super Speed saving Taylor from a Fall. Those are the only 2 I've found by the way, for all I know there's more.

I just wish there was an indicator of when I need to spend a Gazillion EXP to have these Powers at the right time when the Checks go off...
Mr Sandman said he's working on one to be available in a few days.

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-super-v0-20a-light-sandman-games-and-art.85604/post-14937926

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022

Just use URM can alter xp and stats to your hearts content. It'll also notify you when an event variable would have played, then you can expand the window to find out why it was hidden and in most cases just force it to play.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RonaldGrand6969

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Just use URM can alter xp and stats to your hearts content. It'll also notify you when an event variable would have played, then you can expand the window to find out why it was hidden and in most cases just force it to play.
Thanks lads, I didn't mean to come off as rude to the Game or the Dev. It's just frustrating having to relay through the same dialogue multiple teams and nitpicking through every little detail to find out how I missed something with no clear indicator.

4.30 star(s) 56 Votes