4.30 star(s) 56 Votes

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
I am going to take a LIGHT stab at the DARK (see what I did there heh heh) and say that there are 2 distinctive playthroughs, only they are separated because this is a Kinetic Novel with separate paths and directions, rather than a Virtual Novel, where you choose the direction you want the MC to go?
Also, is it easier to develop a novel this way, or was there a specific reason to have the paths for both playthroughs?
The only difference between Light and Dark variations is the color of the skin of the MC. It's not to do with playing a light or dark path.

Reactions: 7empest5teele

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I am going to take a LIGHT stab at the DARK (see what I did there heh heh) and say that there are 2 distinctive playthroughs, only they are separated because this is a Kinetic Novel with separate paths and directions, rather than a Virtual Novel, where you choose the direction you want the MC to go?
Also, is it easier to develop a novel this way, or was there a specific reason to have the paths for both playthroughs?
Your stab is completely off.
This is not even remotely kinetic. lots of major choices with various effects.

As for the light/dark versions. this is just different MC looks.
Light = MC on the left
Dark = MC on the right

Reactions: FΛLLΣП

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Your stab is completely off.
This is not even remotely kinetic. lots of major choices with various effects.

As for the light/dark versions. this is just different MC looks.
Light = MC on the left
Dark = MC on the right
Its most likely been mentioned before on here, but I am pretty sure I heard the '70s call, they want their afro and fu-manchu-stach back lol.
So the only fundamental difference in this VIRTUAL novel downloads is the MC being Caucasian or African-American??
In a choice-driven novel, that VERY particular choice is not part of the VIRTUAL novel experience and requires a completely separate download.
OH wait it most likely means the story is completely different then, with birthplace, caretakers growing up, future personal history reveals, and things like that?

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Its most likely been mentioned before on here, but I am pretty sure I heard the '70s call, they want their afro and fu-manchu-stach back lol.
So the only fundamental difference in this VIRTUAL novel downloads is the MC being Caucasian or African-American??
In a choice-driven novel, that VERY particular choice is not part of the VIRTUAL novel experience and requires a completely separate download.
OH wait it most likely means the story is completely different then, with birthplace, caretakers growing up, future personal history reveals, and things like that?
facepalm. Did you not read what you were replying to?
The Light vs Dark DOWNLOAD only alters the visuals of the MC. everything else is the same.
HOWEVER, I explicitly told you this is very much NOT a kinetic novel but is instead full of choices.

The MC skin color is not an in game choice, it is a choice of which game you download.
The in game choices are myriad and make many differences.

To give examples, a monster is being hunted down. You can kill him yourself, help the mutants kill him, help the megacorp capture him, talk to him and find out he was a human who was experimented upon by the megacorp. kill him or help him escape. etc.

You can choose to be monogamous with any one of the many waifus. Or you can choose to make a harem.
If making a harem, you choose which girls to include in it.

So, for example. I choose to download the white MC version of the game.
In that version, I then choose harem (see my name). I choose to be neutral on the cybernetics issue, I choose to resolve conflict via mind control rather than gratuitous violence. I choose to talk to the monster to find out who he is. and so on and so forth.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
facepalm. Did you not read what you were replying to?
The Light vs Dark DOWNLOAD only alters the visuals of the MC. everything else is the same.
HOWEVER, I explicitly told you this is very much NOT a kinetic novel but is instead full of choices.

The MC skin color is not an in game choice, it is a choice of which game you download.
The in game choices are myriad and make many differences.

To give examples, a monster is being hunted down. You can kill him yourself, help the mutants kill him, help the megacorp capture him, talk to him and find out he was a human who was experimented upon by the megacorp. kill him or help him escape. etc.

You can choose to be monogamous with any one of the many waifus. Or you can choose to make a harem.
If making a harem, you choose which girls to include in it.

So, for example. I choose to download the white MC version of the game.
In that version, I then choose harem (see my name). I choose to be neutral on the cybernetics issue, I choose to resolve conflict via mind control rather than gratuitous violence. I choose to talk to the monster to find out who he is. and so on and so forth.
HOW did I come across that I was oblivious to anything you said??
Yeah...I fully understood what you said the FIRST time about the only differences being the color of the MC, which I replied that I MEANT, is odd that the choice of skin color wasn't just in ONE download rather than two versions of the SAME novel for such a minor inconvenience.
The choices of gameplay, of relationship choices, of virtually everything are the same, but the color of their skin.
Whatever, it's redundant at this point, as is my confusion.
It should be ONE download with the choice of characters in that very same ONE download.
It doesn't matter to me since I am running a 2TB 990 Pro, a 4TB 990 Pro, and a 4TB 870 Evo, so plenty of space, MANY players on here are not so fortunate.

• Haha
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
HOW did I come across that I was oblivious to anything you said??
Yeah...I fully understood what you said the FIRST time about the only differences being the color of the MC, which I replied that I MEANT, is odd that the choice of skin color wasn't just in ONE download rather than two versions of the SAME novel for such a minor inconvenience.
The choices of gameplay, of relationship choices, of virtually everything are the same, but the color of their skin.
Whatever, it's redundant at this point, as is my confusion.
It should be ONE download with the choice of characters in that very same ONE download.
It doesn't matter to me since I am running a 2TB 990 Pro, a 4TB 990 Pro, and a 4TB 870 Evo, so plenty of space, MANY players on here are not so fortunate.
So it should be twice the size, forcing players who are not so fortunate as you in bandwidth and storage space to download and store both versions instead of just the one that they want? I don't think you've thought this through very well.

Reactions: harem.king

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
The game is 5.4 GB.
If they merged the two downloads together it would be 10.6GB
And that extra space would be totally wasted, because everyone knows which one they want before they even download.

4.30 star(s) 56 Votes