4.10 star(s) 43 Votes

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Update time!
This week was slightly less productive then I hoped it would be. I had a bit of a creative slump and life demanded some attention as well. Now, it's still early into this version and I've already started to catch up a little over the weekend, so hopefully this won't affect the planned release date.
In happier news, I did write a new date that I think you'll have some fun with, playing a little with the established dates formula. And Chris delivered some new outfits. Part of which you can see below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'd also like to thank @Krull again for designing an amazing fan sig for the game. Your reputation is well earned.
Have a great week everybody!

Nov 15, 2018
So I think I'm missing something....playing through and had 1 part where you eat her out and then nothing. Sitting at 7 devotion, 50hp, whatever level of stress I want, and money...no prompts or cues for anything to increase sexuality or pleasure? I'll keep trying to do different actions when she hasn't different clothes on but so far everything says "not enough sexuality". :unsure:

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
It's update time!

This week was slightly more productive than the previous one. I mostly focused on the new date but I also got some other small tasks done:
  • Spread the game out to a few other forums, and got some useful feedback.
  • Got BDOne working on images for the new date.
  • Used some surprise spare time to implement another small animated action.
  • Found and squashed an annoying bug in one of the other dates.
  • Implemented the new date. It was a bit of a challenge since it's a little more complex than the other dates. But I got it working well now and I think you'll have fun with it.
I've still got a lot of writing work ahead of me for this version, including the last OS training event and another somewhat complex action. But at the very least the artists are now running concurrent to my writing work so their time isn't wasted. Hopefully by next week's update I'll be able to report that the major writing work is done.
Projected release date for the next version remains at the end of March.

Unrelated and possibly strange question for you all: When playing the game, do you think of the wife as having a specific name, or do you simply refer to her mentally as "the wife"?

guildos

Jun 30, 2018
It's update time!

This week was slightly more productive than the previous one. I mostly focused on the new date but I also got some other small tasks done:
  • Spread the game out to a few other forums, and got some useful feedback.
  • Got BDOne working on images for the new date.
  • Used some surprise spare time to implement another small animated action.
  • Found and squashed an annoying bug in one of the other dates.
  • Implemented the new date. It was a bit of a challenge since it's a little more complex than the other dates. But I got it working well now and I think you'll have fun with it.
I've still got a lot of writing work ahead of me for this version, including the last OS training event and another somewhat complex action. But at the very least the artists are now running concurrent to my writing work so their time isn't wasted. Hopefully by next week's update I'll be able to report that the major writing work is done.
Projected release date for the next version remains at the end of March.

Unrelated and possibly strange question for you all: When playing the game, do you think of the wife as having a specific name, or do you simply refer to her mentally as "the wife"?
Wife is wife, who needs names? :D

Reactions: Mipmip

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Try this suggestion: allow the player to name the wife. Furthermore, as the relationship progresses, perhaps allow the MC to give the wife a pet name (nickname) as well.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
@Awolfe I've actually deliberately avoided doing this. The way I see it, giving the "choose a name" option at the beginning of a game, before you know anything about the games tone and the actual character you're naming, is a bad idea (design-wise). And besides, an uninformed choice with free text is just asking for trolling.
Nicknames as a feature might happen eventually, but there's a lot more to work on before that.
I'm mostly just curious about what people experience when they play the game (besides the obvious). Since the usual tools like analytics and usability tests aren't really an option with this genre :D.

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
@Awolfe I've actually deliberately avoided doing this. The way I see it, giving the "choose a name" option at the beginning of a game, before you know anything about the games tone and the actual character you're naming, is a bad idea (design-wise). And besides, an uninformed choice with free text is just asking for trolling.
Nicknames as a feature might happen eventually, but there's a lot more to work on before that.
I'm mostly just curious about what people experience when they play the game (besides the obvious). Since the usual tools like analytics and usability tests aren't really an option with this genre :D.
or maybe give some premade names as choices like Choose Name: Sam/Jon/Don etc.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
@Mipmip
Liking the game (y):love:

Regarding the wife name, I can see your logic for not naming her, but I do like the idea of giving her a petname like Awolfe suggested.

Reactions: Mipmip

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Quick heads up about Patreon, if you don't care for that, you can safely skip to the end of this post :)

The is growing (slowly but growing) and I've decided to try to encourage it a little.
So, as an early adopter reward, any patron joining until the end of March will get their name in the games credits, regardless of pledge tier.

Now, since wearing the marketing hat, while necessary, makes me somewhat uncomfortable. Here's an image of the wife in a fun new outfit to even things out.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Update time!
I've spent most of this week focused on the third OS training event. While it still needs some editing work, the bulk of the writing is done. At almost 3000 words, it's one of the largest scenes in the game. Writing it has been challenging but it's shaping up pretty hot so far.
In other news, BDOne delivered some great images for the new date (see spoiler below). This was the last missing piece which means the date is finally fully completed and in the game. I've also started Chris working on a few fun items that will play a role in the coming version, and fixed some minor bugs along the way.
Despite a shaky start this month, development is back on schedule. There's still a lot of work left in the plan for this version. So the expected release remains at the end of March.
Have a great weekend!

guildos

Jun 30, 2018
Update time!
I've spent most of this week focused on the third OS training event. While it still needs some editing work, the bulk of the writing is done. At almost 3000 words, it's one of the largest scenes in the game. Writing it has been challenging but it's shaping up pretty hot so far.
In other news, BDOne delivered some great images for the new date (see spoiler below). This was the last missing piece which means the date is finally fully completed and in the game. I've also started Chris working on a few fun items that will play a role in the coming version, and fixed some minor bugs along the way.
Despite a shaky start this month, development is back on schedule. There's still a lot of work left in the plan for this version. So the expected release remains at the end of March.
Have a great weekend!

Is it going to be 1.0 and the game will be completed?

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Is it going to be 1.0 and the game will be completed?
Not yet. The next version will be 0.10.0
I have two more versions planned before 1.0.0, possibly three if I decide to add some good ideas that came from various feedback. But no more than three (feature creep is a bitch).

The coming version will however be the first version that has no WIP events in it, which is a milestone worth celebrating.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
This game doesn't need a walkthrough. If there's some aspect of the game that you don't understand just read this thread from the beginning (or search it) and the answer you're looking for is likely to be found.

4.10 star(s) 43 Votes