4.10 star(s) 43 Votes

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Version 1.0 is not the end! Sweet!
I'm using software version numbering, so after version 0.9.0 comes 0.10.0.
1.0.0 will happen when I consider the game feature complete.
But yeah it's likely I'll keep adding stuff to the game after that as well (like the often requested clothing system enhancements).

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I'm using software version numbering, so after version 0.9.0 comes 0.10.0.
His confusion (expectation that 1.0 would be the next major version after 0.9.0) is understandable. Normally, if you expect that you will have a 0.10.0 release then the previous version should have been numbered 0.09.0. Note the leading zero in front of the '9'. This informs people that there can more than 9 releases before 1.0.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Yup, you're right. I'm sure I'll get the chance to add that trailing zero to a hotfix version or two :)

D

Deleted member 59977

His confusion (expectation that 1.0 would be the next major version after 0.9.0) is understandable. Normally, if you expect that you will have a 0.10.0 release then the previous version should have been numbered 0.09.0. Note the leading zero in front of the '9'. This informs people that there can more than 9 releases before 1.0.
That is not how it works though when developing software or games. It is correct to have version 0.10.0 after a 0.9.0

The general format is: X.Y.Z where X represents a major release with a 1.0.0 representing the initial release of the complete product. Y represents a minor release and new content updates. Z represents patches/bugfixes. In software development, the generally accepted specification is to NOT have any leading zeroes before digits so it should be 0.9.0 and not 0.09.0.

Read more here:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
That is not how it works though when developing software or games. It is correct to have version 0.10.0 after a 0.9.0

The general format is: X.Y.Z where X represents a major release with a 1.0.0 representing the initial release of the complete product. Y represents a minor release and new content updates. Z represents patches/bugfixes. In software development, the generally accepted specification is to NOT have any leading zeroes before digits so it should be 0.9.0 and not 0.09.0.

Read more here:
This is interesting reading. Many gaming industry software studios use leading zeroes, and "generally accepted" isn't as general as you might think, and there are other standards than this one. I'd also like to point out: "The Semantic Versioning specification is authored by , inventor of Gravatars and cofounder of GitHub" is a recent spec (less than a decade old). One should bear in mind that version numbering existed long before Mr. Preston-Werner wrote his spec. I've been writing code, professionally, for over 4 decades (probably since before TPW was born).

Oh, and here's a , to support my statement above as to it not being as widely accepted as some may believe. My apologies to @Mipmip for the off-topic debate.

Reactions: Tenenbaum

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
That's nothing. But HOW THE ACTUAL FUCK can I. P. Pavlov be still alive in these days and why is he helping to the main character?
Cloning. As in Jurassic Park. Don't overthink it. Or think, period. :p

to borrow heavily from the Terminator...
Alternately, it's an android made to look like Pavlov sent back from the future. Again, don't ask why it resembles Pavlov or why it's in the park with nothing better to do. Perhaps the droid was sent back to ensure that the MC develops the breakthrough in AI that led to the creation of the android, and having a happy and devoted wife is crucial to this.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Jurassic Park? more like geriatric park!
I'll see myself out.
When somebody brings up movies remakes instead of new stories (as people inevitably do), you can state this as a witty way to enter into a fun series of movie titles:

-- Man, all the movies today are just remakes!

-- Yeah, I hope they remake Conan the Barbarian. They'd need to change the title, though - "Conan, the Octogenarian".

(Brought to you by somebody very tired.)

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
-- Yeah, I hope they remake Conan the Barbarian. They'd need to change the title, though - "Conan, the Octogenarian".
remake proposal - Last Action Hero 2: He Can Still Get It Up

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
How can i improve the orgasm strength?
Increase her Pleasure until it crosses the red line. Then stop doing whatever you were doing to her and switch to teasing her. This will increase her OS bar without also increasing her Pleasure. When the little bell symbol appears right above the bar then click on the big bell to level up the OS.

4.10 star(s) 43 Votes