4.10 star(s) 43 Votes

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
As @Awolfe spotted the Patreon decision has indeed been made. I'll probably have that up and running in a couple of days, since it doesn't really need to coincide with the next version. (Of course, I fully expect it to be mostly silent until the next release :) )
Suggestion: when you get your Patreon up make sure that you, ASAP, add it to the OP and also make a new post letting everyone know that the Patreon's live.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Suggestion: when you get your Patreon up make sure that you, ASAP, add it to the OP and also make a new post letting everyone know that the Patreon's live.
Alright fine, is alive. Link added to the OP. And that's as much self promotion as I'm comfortable doing. :)

And now to go directly to sleep to avoid obsessing over it for the next few hours.

Reactions: norpuma and AWolfe

norpuma

Aug 8, 2016
Alright fine, is alive. Link added to the OP. And that's as much self promotion as I'm comfortable doing. :)

And now to go directly to sleep to avoid obsessing over it for the next few hours.
Hey! No reason to be shy about it. You made a great game and people may want to offer you kudos and incentive to keep at it. Some may even want to do it in the form of money!

I wish you a lot of success!

Reactions: Mipmip

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
It's that dev update time again!

This week was one of those weeks I like, with all different kinds of tasks. I got the art for the sixth date from BDOne and added it to the game. BDOne is now working on the art for the next training events. Two new animated actions are now in the game (see spoiler image below), and another option that should make it a little easier to get things going in the late game, reversible of course.

On the tech side I've finally completed a change I wanted to get to since version 4. I won't bore you with the details but the end result is about a 20% reduction in the games size, and a slight reduction in ram consumption as a result. I'm working on a guess that the issues reported on the Android port are related to limited device memory, so hopefully this is the first step to fixing that. There's still work ahead in this direction but it's already showing promising results.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
I've wanted to put together a list of games I like for a while now, and it's been pointed out to me that I may want to list out games that were an influence or inspiration for Bell Master as well. And since I'm too tired to do any actually productive work today, here's the combined lists. I will add only a little detail on each game since most of these are well known already.

2D

This game is one of my favorite trainers and obviously a major influence for Bell Master both in gameplay and visual design. Sadly now stuck in a state of perpetual feature creep and suffering from a slow release cycle.

This one is a massive ambitious project. As a developer I love seeing how the quality and scope increase from book to book as the team becomes more confident and capable. The Toph route went too loli for my taste. But frankly the quality of this games art and writing (with clear love for the source material) is enough to make me power through it.

Everybody knows this one. It's got great art, decent writing, grindy gameplay and feature creep beyond all reason (though dev claims to have gotten shit together recently, I'm reserving judgment).

Honorable mention: really any game by . The grand daddy of modern trainer games.

3D

One of the few games on this list that is actually officially complete. Though I don't usually enjoy "roommate" based games, this one won me over with an interesting training system, and frankly some rather hot scenes. It suffers from over dependency on RNG to trigger certain events.

Great writing, fun characters, and the clue hunting mechanic just fits the VN structure so well that I'm surprised I haven't seen it used more often.

The concept of abusing time loops to alter events and get away with some sexy stuff you wouldn't otherwise is very potent. The execution in this game in terms of gameplay... isn't ideal. But it's fun enough and the writing is passable.

Great writing in strange engines:

If you can stomach the Adrift engine in all its text based glory, you will find one of the best games in the genre. Part trainer part combat RPG and part mystery, with a conclusion that is truly rewarding and worth the slightly grindy way there. Has the added benefit of being finished. I recommend BBBens body of work in general (dude has been at this forever).

One of the best RPGs I've ever played (counting both erotic and vanilla!). It has terrific writing, honestly compelling story and characters, trope and genre subversions both for RPGs and for erotic games, and a succubus named cumdump. If you play only one game from this list, play this one. I can only hope to one day write at this level.

Why would anyone use java for this:

Run around campus at night in underground sex fights that actively avoids the rapey vibes that other sex fighting games tend to fall towards. I have no idea why the dev went with the "engine" that he did, but it works well enough so you may want to check it out.

Phew... that's it for now. This list is in no way complete, I've probably forgotten several games that may or may not get edited in later. But at least now it's out of my brain and I can go back to coding :)

Nightmonk

Sep 20, 2017
Will there be any NTR or cheating content added to this game? Obviously with the corruption and sexual expansion of the wife being the main theme there could be scenario's for her to stray and satisfy other desires (Already touched upon slightly with the nude walk) either with or without the protagonists involvement. If mainline NTR is not viable or wanted, then the cheating could be witnessed via voyeurism from the protagonists perspective (if you go to her office or if you come home and catch her and can spy, like when watching her in the bath) or via the Wife's perspective with no protagonist involvement. Also, for those not interested, maybe you could put in an option to just turn it off, that way you can cater to all people? Just a thought?

Nightmonk

Sep 20, 2017
I get that and totally understand that NTR isn't for every player and indeed every writer. Just thought i'd ask :p
I will certainly continue to play though. Good job so far!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Quick update, we have a bit of a good news bad news situation.
The bad news is that some of the art for this version is delayed.
The good news is, other art assets came in earlier than expected so I think there's enough new content already in the game even without the delayed art.
I'm declaring this version early and will add the missing art (and it's related content) to the next version. This means I'm now well into the testing and polishing phase. My hope is to get this version to you all before the end of this month.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
I'm proud to present, Bell Master version 0.9.0!

This version contains a new date, new actions, and a continuation of the orgasm strength training route. See full change log and links in the OP.

Important note:

If you load an old save where you've already trained orgasm strength, this training will be forcibly reset. That is the only change that will be made to your save. I've done this to make the new training events more easily accessible.

Under the hood:
  • Reduced uncompressed game size by 20%.
  • Slightly improved loading times.
  • Possibly fixed the permission issue on the Mac version. mac users, please let me know if this works for you.
Many thanks to @Awolfe for helping with early testing for this version.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
@James King While I may agree that the world needs more cuckquean games, cheating (on either side) is unlikely to make it into this game, since I think it clashes with its overall themes.
I'm not against adding an occasional extra participant into the mix, but there's no such element in the current plan (i.e. not any time soon).

Reactions: NightShadeX

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Whenever this game gets a update I just think of the metallic song for whom the bell tolls :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Great game! Thanks for sharing it with us, @Mipmip

One request, I'd love to be able to directly control the clothing she wears once you get her to specific thresholds of exhibitionism. The current system where she will pick a new outfit each day is cool, but it would also be neat to have a similar system to Rogue-Like where you can tell her what to wear each day. Might sound weird, but dress-up games are actually pretty hot to me especially when there's exhibitionism and "lewdness" involved. Making her wear something she might not otherwise want to (because it's too revealing, for example) helps to show her submission.

Either way, really love the direction the game is going and I can't wait to see more.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
@aifman7 Glad you liked it!
I'm currently focused on getting all the planned content into the game (about 3 versions from now, I hope). After that, It's likely that the clothing system will get some much needed expansion.

4.10 star(s) 43 Votes