Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
The devs do post here on a semi-regular basis. Also, here's the latest progress chart.
I would not believe that chart. I still remember last update took a year and they lied to us that they made some dev tools in that time so development will be much quicker from that time.... turns out that was lies and development is even longer.

They should openly say that you pledge only to get their drawings packs. [cut]

Last edited:
Reactions: Eland51298

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
I would not believe that chart. I still remember last update took a year and they lied to us that they made some dev tools in that time so development will be much quicker from that time.... turns out that was lies and development is even longer.

They should openly say that you pledge only to get their drawings packs. [cut]
I follow them on Discord. The mea culpa is:

"It'll be just an episode, same as with the last update. We're not going to make a big one, we just had shit in our lives that made us work sloooooow

Good news is Akanoes made (and is still making) some awesome tools that will make my life much easier

Well, and his!

These devtools make it so I can input dialog myself, as well as set the characters (positions, expressions...), backgrounds, music, sfx and so on without having to : 1. Do the thing, 2.Post a card on the Trello board, pin him, choose a degree of importance. 3. Wait for him to have the time to do it. 4. Explain what I want exactly. 5. Go back and forth in Discord for (sometimes) hours till that scene is exactly how it is supposed to be

The idea is to have a great tool so I can just do it myself!"

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
It is honeslty amazing this game has been going/being teased sense 2015 and it's still not even close to being completed. I have no issues waiting for a quality product but this is just plain absurd. Sure what we have is good and quality but the wait just isn't worth it. These guys take years for their update and while i do admit it is good. It's still not worth such long wait's.

I understand life comes first but 2015 this has been, being developed. The fact it's at this still early of a stage is nuts to me.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
It is honeslty amazing this game has been going/being teased sense 2015 and it's still not even close to being completed. I have no issues waiting for a quality product but this is just plain absurd. Sure what we have is good and quality but the wait just isn't worth it. These guys take years for their update and while i do admit it is good. It's still not worth such long wait's.

I understand life comes first but 2015 this has been, being developed. The fact it's at this still early of a stage is nuts to me.
sad, but that is 100% accurate definition of milking.

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
sad, but that is 100% accurate definition of milking.
No kidding. It's honeslty just kind of sad. I'm not trying to bad talk the dev's here but the fact that even on their discord asking about release dates can get them mad at you and it's a big 'No-No' is not a good sign. It's been going like this for a very long time now. I do admit they produce quality updates for sure. But it does seem as if they go as slow as possible and drag it out to milk the most money from people, despite showing real effort in their builds and espcially in their art.

At times i feel like this game relys more on the brand recongition of ben 10 than anything else to keep going. It seems they tried to branch out with the scooby doo one, only to drop it, when they realized people weren't really caring about it or invested in it, nearly as much as they were ben 10.

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes