Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

JacksHoff

Jul 15, 2018
look at their god damn patreon man
I did that before AND after posting. I'm not paying them 10 dollars or less to view a goddamn thing again. Yes Again. This game ain't seen shit for so much as 1 update with 1 scene/new alien/new story bits/ nothing but goodie packs that I don't even go out of my way to pirate anymore. Bro, the other guy is doing 3D shit, like Wtf side project or not a whole year and a half went by with no updates not even Oni of rogue like does some shit like that. Now if the pandemic/plague fucked them up cool but if they been stuck inside and employed all you shoulda did was work, pay bills, eat, shit, and benX game progress. Even after things calmed down round June that's the year mark and til now 5 months later. I wouldn't be mad if it was a lame game and I didn't pay money before but it isn't and I have.

JacksHoff

Jul 15, 2018
I did that before AND after posting. I'm not paying them 10 dollars or less to view a goddamn thing again. Yes Again. This game ain't seen shit for so much as 1 update with 1 scene/new alien/new story bits/ nothing but goodie packs that I don't even go out of my way to pirate anymore. Bro, the other guy is doing 3D shit, like Wtf side project or not a whole year and a half went by with no updates not even Oni of rogue like does some shit like that. Now if the pandemic/plague fucked them up cool but if they been stuck inside and employed all you shoulda did was work, pay bills, eat, shit, and benX game progress. Even after things calmed down round June that's the year mark and til now 5 months later. I wouldn't be mad if it was a lame game and I didn't pay money before but it isn't and I have.
And I dont think my meme loaded properly. I'm on the phone so if you see the full image let me know

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018

Hey, hey, hey! It's Corporal Newman here with another Progress Report.
It's been a productive week. Akanoes and I realized we could streamline things a bit more if he updated our development tools to allow me to modify the expressions and dialog inside the build itself. As always, when faced with a real challenge (especially considering Ren'py's finnicky moods), his answer was "Let me look into it". This one is not easy by any means, but even if the new devtools can do HALF of what we discussed, it should save me hours of work! The tedious kind too. So that's good.
Apart from that, Akanoes has been working on the story, and so have I, giving the new build's script another pass as I add expression tags, effects, music and sound. I have been working on the repeatable scenes too, for Shar and Gwen both (in the case of the latter, the "study sessions" scenes). Testing has -as always- been done.
I have also been taking care of a wood pigeon that fell off her nest about three weeks ago. She (or he, I haven't really bothered looking) is a royal pain in the ass to feed and ugly as sin, but she's growing nicely and even flying a bit lately. Murphy (my dog) wanted to eat the flying rat at first, but after the pigeon started flapping about, they seem now to respectfully keep their distance from one another. So yeah, my flat is covered in dog hair, seeds and pigeon shit now. It's not as bad as it sounds, but you know, gotta complain :)

Nothing else to report, going back to the frontline. Give Ma some kisses from me, and tell Paw not to worry, the boys and I will take Berlin by Spring, come back home as men. Talk soon,
Newman.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akanoes Patreon

BenX
After having a little chat with Newman, we decided it might be better to upgrade the dev tools first, so it’s easier for him to add stuff and make changes himself. As it can be quite tedious for both of us to add and change stuff. Newman has to write everything down, find the right expression to match them, write those down. I then go over them with my conversion script and give it a second lookover to make sure it didn’t do anything weird, add dolls, backgrounds, menus and proper labels and stuff. With changes it isn’t always clear what Newman meant or I just can’t find the line in the script. This all causes a lot of back and forth and can take a lot of time. While it’s only the first step, I managed to make the dialog editable. You can click on the textbox to edit it and once you hit enter, it writes it down in the file for you.. Sadly though, this does trigger Renpy to reload, as it’s files got edited. Otherwise it would still show the old text :p

It was quite a challenge though, figuring out one what line the game currently is. Then I remembered that if you hit Shift+E when dev mode is on, you jump to that line of code. Took me a while to figure out what that command was but I got there in the end. Next up was the file editing though, which shouldn’t be too hard.. But Renpy handles files a bit differently.. And when trying to write into it I ended up with an empty file.. Luckily I backed that file up, but it did give me a little scare xD. But yea, now that I know how to find the current line and save the changes to the file, the remaining tasks should be a bit easier.. Hopefully.. xD

I AM NOT A PATREON BTW
this is all free to see

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
You don't need to pay to see their free updates about game progress, Aka and Newman are not required to have anything out for any reason, they have lives that don't solely revolve around this singular project. You are not entitled to jack shit, and if you do not want to pay them, nobody is twisting your god damn arm into doing so. The people that pay Newman and Akanoes are people, like me, who either give a shit or like goodie packs every month for just a few bucks and to keep updated on how they're doing.

The game will be updated when its fucking ready to be, if you do not like it, go out and find something else to do. Also your meme is stupid, cringey, and I think you're being ridiculous. Good day sir, shutup and let the devs do them-we the patrons don't give a flying fuck how long the game is taking.

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
You don't need to pay to see their free updates about game progress, Aka and Newman are not required to have anything out for any reason, they have lives that don't solely revolve around this singular project. You are not entitled to jack shit, and if you do not want to pay them, nobody is twisting your god damn arm into doing so. The people that pay Newman and Akanoes are people, like me, who either give a shit or like goodie packs every month for just a few bucks and to keep updated on how they're doing.

The game will be updated when its fucking ready to be, if you do not like it, go out and find something else to do. Also your meme is stupid, cringey, and I think you're being ridiculous. Good day sir, shutup and let the devs do them-we the patrons don't give a flying fuck how long the game is taking.
+500 respect

JacksHoff

Jul 15, 2018

You're right good heavens what was I thinking being upset not seeing/playing any progress in a year and a half. Especially after contributing to the patreon out of genuine enjoyment of the art and content they provided that I didn't have to do, that 2nd part is on me.

EddyHydeOK

Mar 13, 2020
Bruh go work 24/7 and then come back when u will become mentally instable, then start reading their patreon and stop saying u have to pay cuz progress reports are free and u clearly didn't even read a single line of what they wrote, then find a stressful work that will take 90% of ur time and THEN and only THEN u will have the right to complain about the time they're taking to produce a FREE game that anyone can play as long as the build is complete and the beta testing is over

Reactions: Rasnec and Pika94

JacksHoff

Jul 15, 2018
Bruh go work 24/7 and then come back when u will become mentally instable, then start reading their patreon and stop saying u have to pay cuz progress reports are free and u clearly didn't even read a single line of what they wrote, then find a stressful work that will take 90% of ur time and THEN and only THEN u will have the right to complain about the time they're taking to produce a FREE game that anyone can play as long as the build is complete and the beta testing is over
K.

Rogerericdu

Mar 31, 2019
HAVE SOME GODDAMN FAITH PEOPLE. Expect a update to come! but don't let it ruin your resolve is it doesn't come today, we will be rewarded with glorious Masterbation! This infestation of Blue balls will not stay the full wraith of our handy instruments! but until then people KEEP THE FAITH!

• Red Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: Jarul and arashiki

wallensparda

Jan 23, 2020
I had asked if I was having updates of this game for the cell phone on patreon, because if I had I would sign up, but, I didn't see anyone answering and my question was still excluded, why?

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
I had asked if I was having updates of this game for the cell phone on patreon, because if I had I would sign up, but, I didn't see anyone answering and my question was still excluded, why?
cause they dont make the android version as far as i know

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
cause they dont make the android version as far as i know
We do make the Android version ourselves, the Android version is up to date with the PC version, there just hasn't been an update for a while.. Not sure what he's on about with having asked before though.. Or whatever he's on about.. The Engrish is strong in this one xD

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
We do make the Android version ourselves, the Android version is up to date with the PC version, there just hasn't been an update for a while.. Not sure what he's on about with having asked before though.. Or whatever he's on about.. The Engrish is strong in this one xD

at least its not spanish xD

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes