Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
its not abandoned so just be patient and do other stuff in your life, the devs have stuff going on and 2020still is a mess
Yes, but they are being paid via Patreon. Also 2020 has been one of the most productive years for a lot of artists and programmers. Being stuck inside kind of forces you to focus on your work.

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
Yes, but they are being paid via Patreon. Also 2020 has been one of the most productive years for a lot of artists and programmers. Being stuck inside kind of forces you to focus on your work.

yeah they are payed via patreon BUT the game is free
its support for the game and they give a lot of update reports
also paying is everyones choice, if you dont think its worth it then dont pay
and finaly, just because "everyone else" is more productive doesnt mean that these ppl dont have hard times rn, im interacting with them on their discord since i wanted to see how things go and to no supprise they have more importaint stuff going on too

Edit:

THE GAME IS FREE
F R E E

ReaCreations

Aug 7, 2020
Plus even though its taking a long time for them to update the game, the odds of there being a lot of new content is high.
careful with that line of thinking is a good way to set yourself up for disappointment, theres many reasons to explain a long wait 'more content' is just one possibility just as likely as any other so assuming the wait is cause of content could set your expectations too high if it turns out life has just been tearing them a new one and stalling development.

hope for the best and expect the worst thats how i see it, that way you keep your hype high but you arent completely crushed if its not as much as youd hoped for

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
Plus even though its taking a long time for them to update the game, the odds of there being a lot of new content is high.
The game isn't delayed because we are adding more content, it's delayed cause we are having issues adding the planned content.

So no, you won't be getting a years worth of content, it'll be a normal sized update. Please don't get your hopes up T.T

We do apologize for the slow progress, but are doing our best.. It's just, not been easy.. =<

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
The game isn't delayed because we are adding more content, it's delayed cause we are having issues adding the planned content.

So no, you won't be getting a years worth of content, it'll be a normal sized update. Please don't get your hopes up T.T

We do apologize for the slow progress, but are doing our best.. It's just, not been easy.. =<
What's the roadblock? Is there anything that can help? Is it mainly a programming and content issue, or a life in 2020 is a train wreck issue?

Reactions: Luzicas

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
soooo estimate next game release date?
Their estimates are worthless (search few pages back for me asking them about it in this thread before). Just play the game and have fun but do not expect anything more.

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
Yea, there's a reason don't want to give estimates.. It just leads to disappointment.. We are just.. Horrible with them.. And until we get back into our old rhythm they'll just be hugely inaccurate.. Sorry =<

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
Yea, there's a reason don't want to give estimates.. It just leads to disappointment.. We are just.. Horrible with them.. And until we get back into our old rhythm they'll just be hugely inaccurate.. Sorry =<
Lots of developers just state their progress, something like story line XX% complete, artwork XX% complete, and so on with dialog, fight mechanics, programming, etc.

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
I just went over to your Patreon and saw what looked like 3D game assets. Will the next version of Ben X slave quest be in 2D or 3D? Are you guys migrating to 3D?

ReaCreations

Aug 7, 2020
I just went over to your Patreon and saw what looked like 3D game assets. Will the next version of Ben X slave quest be in 2D or 3D? Are you guys migrating to 3D?
i hope not 3d is just not good, i honestly dont see how anyone can enjoy games that use it unless their not actually lookin at anything but the text box : /

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes