Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

RyuseiZED

Jul 30, 2018
can someone help me with this arror

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/combat/UI/items/Annodyte dust.png'>:
File "game/scripts/combat/combat.rpy", line 820, in script
$ res = ui.interact()
File "game/scripts/combat/combat.rpy", line 820, in <module>
$ res = ui.interact()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/combat/UI/items/Annodyte dust.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/combat/combat.rpy", line 820, in script
$ res = ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/combat/combat.rpy", line 820, in <module>
$ res = ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\Natem\Downloads\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05a-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/combat/UI/items/Annodyte dust.png'.
uhm i played the new version from point 0, no using previous save and didnt have anything problem like it, if youre using a previous save maybe thats the reason, i guess? im not sure

Reactions: glaive321

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
What? Cheating makes the game easy? :O Who knew! xD
All joking aside, the boss fight, at least the first one, was unnecessarily difficult and I could not beat it with the resources I had at my disposal (about 200UC, without waiting on cam money...) I both went with offense and defense using that money and tried every trick I could think of-- CCing the little guy to get him to drop the shield, etc. Also Diamondhead never charged.

Of course I did follow the mechanics, stunned the big brother when he started charging, but it didn't help as the little brother could whittle me down regardless of how many medkits I could procure (again, 200UC, so 5)

It could use to be nerfed a little, honestly. That, and create a different plot hook for it than Patrolling so we don't have to just spam for cam money and can actually earn money from patrols without being forced into the fight again.

(Edit because I forgot the following)
I cannot verify the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
fight's difficulty because I ended up cheesing it by using the console to edit my money to get the 5 grenades it took to kill her instead of waiting 16 weeks through the system that won't let you one-click-skip a day (you have to wait till night then wait till morning, can't actually just skip a day)

cavemeng

Aug 10, 2020
there is no image for the pink dust item thing in combat so combat breaks and shar does not get to attack thats the bug me and the person above with that wall of text of an error report are getting

Wetere

Nov 8, 2019
I was wondering since when this game hasn't been updated
Jun 6, 2019, goddamn, that explains why I remember playing it like last year and never heard of it again

Dec 23, 2018
To beat the brothers use 2 grenades to destroy the shield and focus the thin one. You can let the big guy have a turn to start charging then hit him with bens stun to reset him before he attacks on his next turn. This gives you a chance to do damage to the thin one or the big one every other turn, just keep resetting him before he can attack (Gun will be red at the tip when he can attack, that's when you stun).

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
for those who were not prepared to battle against rhomboid and octagon, it is impossible to win, and there is no way around the save, that is, I lost my save again

Filican

May 31, 2019
Also warning for the brothers. While grenades make the fight incredibly easy you need at least 3 to be semi-comfortable and 6-7 to be thorough. This is an issue since I think the previous 3 days leave no room for grinding the auto-complete button for money. So you might have to load a save that is significantly far behind if you aren't careful.

My tip is to basically save scum the auto-complete battle button until you get a win, after each auto-complete battle win the percentage goes up by 1. This is kinda grindy but the best way to earn money and stats sorta legit. youll need 1200 bucks for the gernades but eventually the battles do drop you pipe bombs which are very powerful.

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
some cheat code to receive the grenades, I entered the battle without knowing that it needs to be prepared, and I lost my save now that I am locked in that battle

Filican

May 31, 2019
I'm stuck at the hack plumber part. I've beaten the bros and did the scan but I can't seem to progress. How do I go forward?
pretty sure you reached the end of this verison if you check the quest logs youll see a check mark at the bottom left telling you you've done everything.

MidKnight

Jun 12, 2017
Probably a bug or I messed up somewhere but, I had to use that knockout power up during the boss fight and now I'm permanently stuck on being "too tired for combat".

EDIT: gave up trying to figure it out, anyone knows the console command for the same?was planning on beating the right way but...

Last edited:

MidKnight

Jun 12, 2017
how to beat these 2 because I tried to beat them 3 times and I can't beat them ??
View attachment 1152528
Keep fireblasting the Octo(thin one I think), each time you get the red charge on Rhom, stun him using XLR8, keep repeating till you knock down the shield, then, use all the grenades you got while stunning the big guy, ONLY when he's charged up, else it's a waste, you got to focus on taking out thin one ASAP...
as for rook's nets, those are pretty useless this fight, only her ability to use special items any good and you got keep both of you alive using the health packs, I needed 3 in total.

Jun 2, 2020
pretty sure you reached the end of this verison if you check the quest logs youll see a check mark at the bottom left telling you you've done everything.
I don't see that. I have the following quests:
Hack Plumber HQ
Shar's special training 3
Gwen's Corruption 1
Sublimino
Great Prison Escape
Annodyte's Dust
Prepare for imminent threat
Left to be complete.

Austin3456

Aug 15, 2018
Don't know if this has been said already but I bought the Annodyte dust and now every Shar's turn in combat I get and error and ignoring it skips her turn. It says the image for the dust cannot be found but it has an image in the inventory. So be careful if you buy the dust, I don't think you actually need for anything in this build.

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes