Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

foy

Oct 30, 2017
Sometimes having small updates is better, than well waiting for a year with no content or clear`ish dates/stages of development. Pick on Patreon is the same for how many mounths. Sadly.
Still good luck, men.

Reactions: Andy10

Andy10

Oct 21, 2021
Sometimes having small updates is better, than well waiting for a year with no content or clear`ish dates/stages of development. Pick on Patreon is the same for how many mounths. Sadly.
Still good luck, men.
I hope we get the update till the end of the year. They really don't inform us anout the progress on the update. By the time this game is finished I would probably be dead xD.

Reactions: JayshNahat

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the rule that if a game goes over a year without an update it's considered abandoned?

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the rule that if a game goes over a year without an update it's considered abandoned?
I could be wrong but I think its more like if it goes a year without any communication from the developer.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Wait, so that would mean as long as they post a "it's coming (tm)" every couple months it's not abandoned even if it's been years since an update was released?
Yeah... by basic rules tht's a loophole people can use to keep a game going without doing much... also I think if the Dev previously announces that the game is on hold this rule is no longer applied.
Might not be a perfect system as it can be abused by some people, but still better than what Patreon offers on the term (i.e. if you don't like progress on a project unsuscribe and leave us alone).

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Yeah... by basic rules tht's a loophole people can use to keep a game going without doing much... also I think if the Dev previously announces that the game is on hold this rule is no longer applied.
Might not be a perfect system as it can be abused by some people, but still better than what Patreon offers on the term (i.e. if you don't like progress on a project unsuscribe and leave us alone).
Seems like there is a simple fix to this, just make the rule "3 months with no life signs of the Dev or 1 year with no updates to the project".

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Seems like there is a simple fix to this, just make the rule "3 months with no life signs of the Dev or 1 year with no updates to the project".
I suppose that would result in quiet an additional workload for the Mods, as there are several slow burning side Projects on the Net. Some Devs don't even have a Patreon or other Side to regulary communicate with their fan base to beginn with.

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes