Tool Unity Bepinex Autoinstaller v2.0.0

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
The first thing is to tell you that thank you for your work.

I have a problem that I've been trying to solve for days and I can't find the solution,
I don't use the autotranslator much but recently I created an application to extract all the texts and thus not force the online translator, and I HAVE PRESENTED A VERY STRANGE PROBLEM
specifically in 2 games with similar characteristics, because there are 2 games that you need to activate [EnableIMGUI=True], to make them work

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-cursed-saga-under-black-sails-demo-purplegray.49376/
https://f95zone.to/threads/five-of-a-kind-v0-3-5-2-jorogrart.90073/

the problem is the following, every time you start the game with the Autotranslator, it removes the last character of the string
I know... it's very strange.
but I attached a file for you to understand

_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt

What is the problem?

that although previously I already have configured:

Code:
My name is Francois de Montesquieu ...=Mi nombre es Francois de Montesquieu ...

always retranslates that "already translated" string

Let's see if you who have more experience with Reipatcher can find the solution,I have tried all possible settings in Config.ini, I have searched all the Github threads, in errors everywhere, and I have not seen anyone indicate this error

greetings and thanks
Sorry for my English, and I invite you to try it to understand the problem

Last edited:

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
The first thing is to tell you that thank you for your work.

I have a problem that I've been trying to solve for days and I can't find the solution,
I don't use the autotranslator much but recently I created an application to extract all the texts and thus not force the online translator, and I HAVE PRESENTED A VERY STRANGE PROBLEM
specifically in 2 games with similar characteristics, because there are 2 games that you need to activate [EnableIMGUI=True], to make them work

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-cursed-saga-under-black-sails-demo-purplegray.49376/
https://f95zone.to/threads/five-of-a-kind-v0-3-5-2-jorogrart.90073/

the problem is the following, every time you start the game with the Autotranslator, it removes the last character of the string
I know... it's very strange.
but I attached a file for you to understand

_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt

What is the problem?

that although previously I already have configured:

Code:
My name is Francois de Montesquieu ...=Mi nombre es Francois de Montesquieu ...

always retranslates that "already translated" string

Let's see if you who have more experience with Reipatcher can find the solution,I have tried all possible settings in Config.ini, I have searched all the Github threads, in errors everywhere, and I have not seen anyone indicate this error

greetings and thanks
Sorry for my English, and I invite you to try it to understand the problem
I have never said that i have any advanced experience with Reipatcher, sorry lol.

Jun 21, 2017
What does the script need pywin32 for? Is line 93 'bit64 = win32file.GetBinaryType(game_exe) != win32file.SCS_32BIT_BINARY' the only line that utilizes the win32file module? Can the platform module do what it is doing? Is this the only part thats holding it back from being cross-platform? Do you have any plans to have a cross-platform version? I'd like to be able to use this on other OS.

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
What does the script need pywin32 for? Is line 93 'bit64 = win32file.GetBinaryType(game_exe) != win32file.SCS_32BIT_BINARY' the only line that utilizes the win32file module? Can the platform module do what it is doing? Is this the only part thats holding it back from being cross-platform? Do you have any plans to have a cross-platform version? I'd like to be able to use this on other OS.
well u can remove this i just added it in case theres no UnityCrashHandler present.

Mαlice

Jun 10, 2018
I don't seem to be able to get any Bepinex to load up the folders after starting a game, I have the correct version downloaded, in the root folder and I use Windows 10, for some reason, the folders just don't want to be created.

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
I don't seem to be able to get any Bepinex to load up the folders after starting a game, I have the correct version downloaded, in the root folder and I use Windows 10, for some reason, the folders just don't want to be created.
Does Bepinex only not work on one specific game?

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
Please Update, i found a mistake in the code and fixed it in this update. I also optimized the script a bit.

timanuk

Nov 15, 2017
What about games with il2cpp? Does this translator know how to work with them?
How do I capture text using ES3SaveHook?

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
What about games with il2cpp? Does this translator know how to work with them?
How do I capture text using ES3SaveHook?
This is not a tool for translating Unity Games, this is a Tool to install BepInEx and some other plugins including AutoTranslator. AutoTranslator will be translating your Game not this Tool. And ES3SaveHook is a plugin for a completely different purpose. This Tool can install AutoTranslator on IL2Cpp Games if this was your question.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
M'kay, this here has just saved me a lot of headache, so thumbs up.
I'm (enough) adequately acquainted with BepInEx and XUAT, and there was this game from my backlog I decided to have a look at (Megui Dungeon; probably subpar, but hey, just wanted to try it) which has such a terrible "English" "official" "translation" (shit-tier MTL), that I decided to give it the good old XUAT treatment.

Utter madness ensued. With latest v5 Bepi (5.4.21.0), and latest v5.2.0 XUAT, sometimes it worked (as in the XUAT plugin loaded), sometimes not, and even though _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt got the text and had the TLs in it as well, they couldn't be inserted back into the game, apparently. Tried with sugoi endpoint, and I shit you not, the command prompt window got the text and even the TL, yet the window that should display the TLs, wasn't able to get it from there (just like the game window). Heck, when I turned on "CopyToClipboard" in the config file, things got even weirder. Tried with various changes in the config, yet, no dice.
Hell, Textractor x86 (as a last ditch effort) when trying to hook the game, made it hang indefinitely, so basically I was at the end of my rope (and by this time, it was personal, lol). Oh, and btw, a 300MB log file for all the errors for the (mainly XUAT) plugins in the Bepinex folder after a while... So had to turn log to disk off, too. Doublelol.

So just for the heck of it, tried with your autoinstaller, and what do you know, it works. Dafuq?! xD
Well, for all intents and purposes, it installed the v5.0.0 of XUAT (instead of v5.2.0, as in latest) and now with everything else basically the SAME, it.just.works. Now I don't know if your installer knew that only v5.0.0 will work with this unity engine or it was just chance (as in, haven't been updated for the latest - though the AutoInstaller-config.json file seems to point towards this), but cheers! Never ever would it have occurred to me to try the v5.0.0, even though I tried older BepInExes lol (probably saved me a huge amount of headache, as knowing myself I would have continued to hack away at it for a good while; in vain)... Touché!

Okay, enough storytime. Some useful feedback: my Kaspersky is not letting the main.exe run - well, at least I gave up after 2 minutes of hanging, and as I saw it was the AV holding things up, I suspended it for a minute to make it able to execute. Same with the older versions. Most probably my AV acting up with some settings or dunno, because defo nothing wrong with your file (checked VT too, and 0/71; Kaspersky saying a-okay there... lol?). Just a heads-up.

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
M'kay, this here has just saved me a lot of headache, so thumbs up.
I'm (enough) adequately acquainted with BepInEx and XUAT, and there was this game from my backlog I decided to have a look at (Megui Dungeon; probably subpar, but hey, just wanted to try it) which has such a terrible "English" "official" "translation" (shit-tier MTL), that I decided to give it the good old XUAT treatment.

Utter madness ensued. With latest v5 Bepi (5.4.21.0), and latest v5.2.0 XUAT, sometimes it worked (as in the XUAT plugin loaded), sometimes not, and even though _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt got the text and had the TLs in it as well, they couldn't be inserted back into the game, apparently. Tried with sugoi endpoint, and I shit you not, the command prompt window got the text and even the TL, yet the window that should display the TLs, wasn't able to get it from there (just like the game window). Heck, when I turned on "CopyToClipboard" in the config file, things got even weirder. Tried with various changes in the config, yet, no dice.
Hell, Textractor x86 (as a last ditch effort) when trying to hook the game, made it hang indefinitely, so basically I was at the end of my rope (and by this time, it was personal, lol). Oh, and btw, a 300MB log file for all the errors for the (mainly XUAT) plugins in the Bepinex folder after a while... So had to turn log to disk off, too. Doublelol.

So just for the heck of it, tried with your autoinstaller, and what do you know, it works. Dafuq?! xD
Well, for all intents and purposes, it installed the v5.0.0 of XUAT (instead of v5.2.0, as in latest) and now with everything else basically the SAME, it.just.works. Now I don't know if your installer knew that only v5.0.0 will work with this unity engine or it was just chance (as in, haven't been updated for the latest - though the AutoInstaller-config.json file seems to point towards this), but cheers! Never ever would it have occurred to me to try the v5.0.0, even though I tried older BepInExes lol (probably saved me a huge amount of headache, as knowing myself I would have continued to hack away at it for a good while; in vain)... Touché!

Okay, enough storytime. Some useful feedback: my Kaspersky is not letting the main.exe run - well, at least I gave up after 2 minutes of hanging, and as I saw it was the AV holding things up, I suspended it for a minute to make it able to execute. Same with the older versions. Most probably my AV acting up with some settings or dunno, because defo nothing wrong with your file (checked VT too, and 0/71; Kaspersky saying a-okay there... lol?). Just a heads-up.
Thanks for the Feedback!
You were correct with your assumption that it was just not updated to the latest version(Im updating the links every update). In the early versions of this installer i tried automatically getting the latest version for every Plugin, but it turned out to be too much of a headache and so i ditched this feature and hardcoded the links into the script. Now my AutoInstaller is not as smart as you think, it installs things only based on the Backend(IL2Cpp or Mono) and the Architecture(64 or 32 bit) of the game, this works for most games but for others you need some custom versions and so i added the ability to manually edit the Links for anyone to add their custom versions.
Im gonna hold of on updating the XUAT for now.
I have never had any problems with my AV, though probably cuz im only using Windows Defender. AV are known to give false warnings on stuff that is not a virus.

I have some plans for the future on making a some sort of database of games and in each of these entries a list of links for versions of the plugins that have been confirmed to work. Though i would have to figure out how to gather this info and i would also have to figure out how to make my tool detect which game it is being installed on. This is all just speculation for now.
Im definetly planning a complete overhaul of my script some time soon. Some features i would like to implement there is adding custom install scripts, adding a GUI and making it so the tool can install the plugins from one directory.

Reactions: Zippix