3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Thank you for the kind words and I'm so very pleased you are enjoying it so far.

That's a great question. I've not completely made up my mind on that yet. Chapter 3 is a significant piece of work in terms of effort, there are 628 unique renders in chapter 3, compared to 279 in chapter 2. The file size too shoots up significantly from 740mb zipped to 2.2gb.

I am leaning towards a really small fee for chapter 3, probably on Itch but only as you say when Patreon are ahead of that release. I've really been happy with the support I've recevived on Patreon and I need to reward my supporters by keeping them ahead of all other platforms. Another shameless plug, lol, I will be releasing some extra content to Patreon in the next couple of days, outside of Best Friends. I will post a promo in this thread when that is complete.
Any thoughts on Steam release at the end of all this?

Reactions: Faenon

Faenon

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2024
Any thoughts on Steam release at the end of all this?
That would be a long term goal I think, probably need to be at least 3/4 of the way through the story I feel. Again though in order to do that I will need to make sure I am not screwing over my Patreons.

Reactions: asahibito

fap_mashine

Feb 11, 2023
First of all, I want to thank the developer for an interesting project. there are very few games of this format. it usually boils down to dumb bimbos with abnormally huge tits or penises. So it's nice to see a game with likable characters with normal body proportions. Another question is whether any change in the price policy on Patreon is planned, because for me, and, I think, for many others, 10 dollars is a little too much. Maybe there will be subscription options for 1-2 dollars, with certain restrictions?

Faenon

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2024
First of all, I want to thank the developer for an interesting project. there are very few games of this format. it usually boils down to dumb bimbos with abnormally huge tits or penises. So it's nice to see a game with likable characters with normal body proportions. Another question is whether any change in the price policy on Patreon is planned, because for me, and, I think, for many others, 10 dollars is a little too much. Maybe there will be subscription options for 1-2 dollars, with certain restrictions?
I'm glad I was able to fill a void for you, fap_mashine (that's one hell of a user name, lol). Patreon will remain my premium tier, if that makes sense, as a Patreon you will always get the latest version of this game and other projects that are en-route. I should have the first instalment of an adult comic featuring the back story for one of the characters in Best Friends, up in a few days. I am not considering a price change on that platform at the moment.

I will however bring out other options for purchasing just Best Friends on other platforms at a lower costs. That version though available through that portal would always be behind the one available on Patreon for obvious reasons.

I hope to have something in place there within the next month or so, depending on my progress with chapter 4. I woke up at 3am this morning with an idea I had to script immediately, so it's coming along.

I hope that helps answer your concern a little and I totally understand your feelings there but I do believe I will offer value for money as I am committed very strongly to the project.

Oh and I agree on the out of proportion sizes thing, I'm more of a realistic dimensions kinda guy so expect that in my work.

Faenon

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2024
I'm lowkey scared to ask this but...fuck it. We ball.

What is a Geordie lad?
Nothing too scary, just a native of Newcastle upon Tyne, that's in England. Hadrian's wall went through it, Sting, Bobby Charlton, Mr Bean, Brian Johnson etc. are from the city or surrounding area.

Faenon

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2024
I have released a small update that fixes a couple of issues. An animation on the "Jon" path has been fixed (thanks to asahibito for providing the feedback for this needed fix). I have also removed the use of acronyms like LOL and WTF in general dialogue.

the itch page has been updated:

Here is the PC/Linux download file, if someone can update the first post?

Last edited:

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Nothing too scary, just a native of Newcastle upon Tyne, that's in England. Hadrian's wall went through it, Sting, Bobby Charlton, Mr Bean, Brian Johnson etc. are from the city or surrounding area.
Oh, it's a place? lol

I thought it was gonna be some kind of Rule 34 thing about Geordie LaForge...

• Haha
Reactions: dreddhead

Faenon

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2024
Shameless plug, more content available now on Patreon, first part of adult comic Great Hire:

SmallPromoGH.png

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 6 Votes