Ren'Py Abandoned Best Summer Ever [v0.1 Demo] [Lewd Mind Games]

1.50 star(s) 4 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
If you go to the bar you can't leave because there's an exception where mapscreen can't be found. Endless bugs.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Here's the script with some bugfixes. Apart from fixing some puzzling English ("inspect her inner parts" :eek:) I disabled the grind by increasing money and stats so that you just basically walk around and ask girls to play with your pp. I also added missing variables whose lack of made the gray screen show up. There's still a lot of proofreading and bugfixing to be done but at least Alana will now show you her skills for a mere tenner.

UPDATE:

There is some rendered scenes that for some reason weren't included in the game. Most of the renders are pretty bad so I left them out but I really liked the one in the back alley. When you find Alana being hit on by some bloke in the bar, then step in and have fun.
(Disclaimer: I wrote the scene from scratch so if the dev keeps working on the game, the scene will probably be written in a completely different way.)

Another update:

Bloody hell, this game is so riddled with bugs it's next to impossible to get rid of them all. If you were still getting the "didnttalkedtoalana" error, you should be good after downloading the current version of the script.rpy.

INSTALLATION:

Replace the script.rpy in the /game directory with this one and start the game.

Pezzo Can we link this in the OP?
The options that wouldn't work, don't show up at all now. Can't talk to Alana in the kitchen, or sit with the fam at dinner. Started over and it's still the same.

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
The options that wouldn't work, don't show up at all now. Can't talk to Alana in the kitchen, or sit with the fam at dinner. Started over and it's still the same.
Yeah, I disabled them because there were no renders for them. The dev probably just had those as placeholders for now and didn't bother fixing them before releasing the game.

Reactions: fishbrain
May 27, 2017
"You have to grind in the relationships and in your daily life to advance in the game."
No, thank you, real life has enough grind and hardships, I don't want any more in my life, I come here for entertainment and escapism, not more grind. At least in a video-game while grinding I'm having fun, but a VN should have either hot +18 action or a compelling narrative if not both; sandbox, relationship point grind and point-to-click navigation add nothing of significance to a VN.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Yeah, I disabled them because there were no renders for them. The dev probably just had those as placeholders for now and didn't bother fixing them before releasing the game.
Ok, thanks for your efforts!! I wasn't sure if that's what you were going for. (y)

Reactions: weirdanime

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Here's the script with some bugfixes. Apart from fixing some puzzling English ("inspect her inner parts" :eek:) I disabled the grind by increasing money and stats so that you just basically walk around and ask girls to play with your pp. I also added missing variables whose lack of made the gray screen show up. There's still a lot of proofreading and bugfixing to be done but at least Alana will now show you her skills for a mere tenner.

UPDATE:

There is some rendered scenes that for some reason weren't included in the game. Most of the renders are pretty bad so I left them out but I really liked the one in the back alley. When you find Alana being hit on by some bloke in the bar, then step in and have fun.
(Disclaimer: I wrote the scene from scratch so if the dev keeps working on the game, the scene will probably be written in a completely different way.)

Another update:

Bloody hell, this game is so riddled with bugs it's next to impossible to get rid of them all. If you were still getting the "didnttalkedtoalana" error, you should be good after downloading the current version of the script.rpy.

INSTALLATION:

Replace the script.rpy in the /game directory with this one and start the game.

Pezzo Can we link this in the OP?
Thanks a lot for your efforts. With this the game approaches being marginally playable which, given what a mess it started as, is quite an achievement. As least it's possible to get a feel for what the game is intended to be. Thank you again.

Reactions: weirdanime

SimpleTimes

Jan 26, 2021
just use renpy console to get around the grind

here are some variables that you can change to get to the scenes quickly:
momlove, momlust, carollove, carollust, alanalove, alanalust, money, fitness, charm, courage

1.50 star(s) 4 Votes