Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Public Post from Patreon:

Final Chapter 4 Progress Update!

Hello my pretties! It's time for the final progress update/report for Chapter 4, and boy are there some big things to talk about! Since I completed my move, my productivity has sky rocketed, and it's been great. Patrons have enjoyed a bunch of special content, and Discord members have enjoyed great interactions.

Alright, let's get through the bread and butter and discuss the Chapter. It's been a hell of a journey. As of writing this post:

Overall design: 92%
Environments: 96%
Writing: 83%
Rendering: 72%
Animation: 78%
Code: 4%

I only have 3 scenes left to write. I know exactly where they are going, so it won't take too long. It's far easier to write at the end of the Chapter, than the beginning!

I have 5 scenes left to render, but the environments are ready to go for the most part. That is the most time consuming thing for me, creating my unique custom environments. Also, since I recently discovered the joy of the Render Queue, my rendering time has significantly improved!

Animations are mostly done. I have 4, maybe 5 left to do. Got another round of great animations for everyone to enjoy coming up :)

And finally, the code. The code is the easiest part for me. I have already started it, but will do the majority of it while rendering the final scene(s). There is one particular segment in this update that will be pretty tricky to code, but I have faith in getting it done.

So, that is the Chapter 4 update. I'm hoping to have C4 in the hands of the Beta Testers in about 10 days. If all goes well, I'll be able to start rolling the update out to Patrons a couple days after that.

In other news, I have finally signed up as a developer with Steam, and the BTW store page is now in review! With a little luck, I won't have to redo anything, and I'll be able to share it with everyone in a few days! It's so exciting! I do not plan to put the game on Steam until the release of Chapter 5 though, so I'm hoping you'll all at least wishlist the game, make it look popular :)

Thank you everyone for your continued support! I couldn't do this without you, and I'm so glad to share in this journey with each of you!

P.S. I have a very special, and long, animation of Hannah coming soon. It'll be available on Discord first, before anywhere else, so make sure you join the Discord!

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Steam Store page is now active :) Even if you intend to be a pirate forever, consider wishlisting it for me? By simply wishlisting, it will make the game more visible on Steam, and help with the eventual launch. Wishlisting does not mean you have to buy it :p

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

Just a little animation I did to celebrate the upcoming update of Between Two Worlds, Chapter 4!
Also, you should totally hit me up on Patreon. Lot's of content like this over there!
You are a bad, bad, naughty, EVIL dev for having posted that!!!......

.....send more!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

Postboned Games

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
I just played up to Chapter 3. Great story Droosk, looking forward to seeing where the story goes! :D The animations were incredible! Something for me to aspire to!

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Well, almost made it a week before getting leaked. Both a blessing and a curse. In the interest of maintaining control over the files, I've gone ahead and made Chapter 4 public at this time. Download links are now active on all provided mirrors as well as my personal server (Drooskati).

Enjoy! And don't forget to tip your waiter!

dumbass55

Jun 23, 2019
Will lesbian be completely optional or just the scenes that the MC (would have been) involved in?

dumbass55

Jun 23, 2019
The MC will be involved in any activity that involves his ladies. Whether or not he is an ACTIVE participant will be up to you. Sometimes, people enjoy watching :p
Ah, gotcha. But do you have the option to avoid those scenarios altogether, or do you have to choose between MFF and lesbian?

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Ah, gotcha. But do you have the option to avoid those scenarios altogether, or do you have to choose between MFF and lesbian?
Everything is/will be a choice. If you want to, you'll be able to remain entirely loyal and monogamous (excepting stuff that happens in the game world, up to this point, since that is fantasy, not reality).

dumbass55

Jun 23, 2019
Everything is/will be a choice. If you want to, you'll be able to remain entirely loyal and monogamous (excepting stuff that happens in the game world, up to this point, since that is fantasy, not reality).
I mean can you prevent two other characters (your love interests) from having sex with each other? lol.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I mean can you prevent two other characters (your love interests) from having sex with each other? lol.
Hmmm, I legitimately don't know. I suppose I can make a dialogue option that would allow you to skip such scenes, but I do not intend to remove such content. Part of the reason that the girls will even entertain the idea of getting with the player at all, is the fact that they are also close with each other. So yeah, I think I can consider having the ability to make a choice of partaking or skipping it. But the implication of them being VERY close together would still be there, if you were to go the route of having multiple partners. I wouldn't make it a variable with multiple changes down the road.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Why would anyone to avoid lesbian scenes while pc is there and watching? I would love to have that happen to me and I'm sure many men would agree with me.
Here's why- there's a really good reason why royals and famous men kept harems of 2 or more wives that lived with them. Not only does that provide some variety to the man's appetite, but it can lead to some really great benefits in the bedroom. For one, they can get started and by the time the male's ready, they're soaking wet and begging to be plowed. That's a benefit. I just could pick any hole and drill it, no questions asked. Or if I'm just frustrated or tired and can't really be in the mood, watching the wives get it on would be a nice diversion that would get my mind of all the crazy shit going on. Maybe it can lead to more, right? That's another good thing. And let's say you weren't in the mood, if they focus on themselves, they won't need to seek anyone else out. There's another reason I'd ask people to consider - encouraging sex between those in the harem can make the bonds between them all stronger. That's a benefit. But it's also true that sex can actually worsen things between some of them but to me, that would help with the process of elimination. :WeSmart:

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Wow, that rape scene is really fucked up. And the only reactions are basically "fuck yeah keep going" and "hey I don't blame you for paralyzing and raping me, but for future reference consent is important mmkay."
While calling it a "rape scene" is a bit extreme, I will admit that while writing, I struggled with the elements of it. Trying to figure out where exactly to put in an "out" for the handful of people who might be upset by it, while keeping the overall feel and intention of the scene, in its entirety, for the 99.5% of people who want all the girls, no matter what.

After speaking with those who help me beta test, I think we've come to a reasonable conclusion on how to address it, while keeping the scene the way it is.

I'm going to add in a choice menu at the point where Oscar asks you to make your "Will saving throw". You will get to CHOOSE if you save or fail.

If you CHOOSE to save, you'll get the beginning images to setup what is happening, and then skip the worst of it and go straight to the resulting conversation. After all, it's the same girl who has touched your junk before (Back at the end of C2).

If you CHOOSE to fail, you'll play out the scene as written, with no additional changes.

Both choices will be explained upon presentation, so that you can make an informed decision.

I'll have a patch available shortly, and update the game files overall sometime tonight.

Edit: Patch is now available on the main post of the thread.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 56 Votes