3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

WtfwinPC

Aug 2, 2017
I'm sure there are some tricks you can use in photoshop, but I don't see how you could do something like this without rendering it all as 1 image:

View attachment 2468116

I was trying to do an animation in low light right up against a mirror because I thought it looked cool. Unfortunately with my low end system it took more 8 hours per image (and still wasn't fully converged even then) so I gave up. You run into similar issues with less obvious situations like reflections in windows though.

The house used in Big Brother has a number of places where reflections could add some cool effects to some of the scenes but not when you render the background separately.

Sorry I can't explain it in a good enough way to help you understand, just know that the method you are using is not very efficient and their are ways to have super high quality photos using the "advanced" method I'm talking about. You can get the same or better quality images from what you currently see now in this game. ( quick tip, you could pre render the entire room, overlay the mirror with a reflective surface like a thin flat surface that will create the reflection of the people in the scene, the (bedroom) is a huge waste of processing and resources so removing that entirely helps greatly in render time.

also just a quick note photoshop isn't use for making photos look better its used to create a depth map thats how daz knows how to do the shadows and reflections in the final render.

Also don't just dismiss what I'm telling you as hocus pokus because you don't know how to do it.

found a good video on this ( )

Last edited:
Reactions: khumak

MEDATES

Sep 2, 2018
Its sad all the versions goes to the same point and gets remade again... i wish someone finished the game and then made a remake.. pretty sure this remake will get a remake at the same point :censored:

FelixCreep

Mar 15, 2023
I have probably checked every version of this game and yeah it kinda blows that you have to start over, but my God those renders look so hot. If this version lasts and catches up on the content we had already I'm sure everyone will appreciate it and forget the hate. Good luck onwards!

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Sorry I can't explain it in a good enough way to help you understand, just know that the method you are using is not very efficient and their are ways to have super high quality photos using the "advanced" method I'm talking about. You can get the same or better quality images from what you currently see now in this game. ( quick tip, you could pre render the entire room, overlay the mirror with a reflective surface like a thin flat surface that will create the reflection of the people in the scene, the (bedroom) is a huge waste of processing and resources so removing that entirely helps greatly in render time.

also just a quick note photoshop isn't use for making photos look better its used to create a depth map thats how daz knows how to do the shadows and reflections in the final render.

Also don't just dismiss what I'm telling you as hocus pokus because you don't know how to do it.

found a good video on this ( )
Ok I have seen that video and I do think that's a nice technique for a pretty decent number of shots, but it's not a universal thing that works for every scene. He's got a lot of really good tutorials for both Daz and Renpy and I've watched a ton of his stuff. One of my favorite videos of his shows you how to create a really nice gallery in Renpy. I think he does some photography videos as well.

He's basically turning a good chunk of the scene except for the character and the chair she's sitting on into an HDRI. So that bakes the lighting into the background which can then be used for the render of just the character and the chair. But that kind of requires you to be putting the characters pretty much dead center in the HDRI or the background gets very distorted.

It's a good technique for scenes where you want a bunch of close ups for characters that are dead center in the HDRI and doesn't include shadows or reflections of the character on things that are part of the HDRI. It doesn't work if you want a shot where the character is closer to the edge of the HDRI. You would have to make a new HDRI centered on that spot. It also doesn't work if you're going to take shots that are not close ups where you want to show lighting effects or reflections cast onto the background.

It would work great for something like a well lit scene out by the pool showing a close up of the girls tanning, or a scene in the living room focused on the characters watching TV on the couch. But it wouldn't work for a scene where you have 1 or more characters spread out a little instead of being dead center in the shot or where you wanted to show lighting effects or reflections against a window/mirror or other reflective surface in the background.

Being an HDRI, it's still only providing a single light source so if you wanted to represent a background that had more than 1 source of directional lighting you would still have to set up separate lights to do that which would be fine for creating shadows and lighting effects in a close up shot focused on something like a character in a chair but would not work for a scene where you were zoomed out a bit and wanted lighting effects shown on things that are part of the HDRI.

Creating an HDRI like that is basically giving you an effect similar to just rendering the background separately from each camera position you're rendering from, with the caveat that it also provides a single light source as well. So it saves you time if you're using several camera angles for a close up scene in the center of the HDRI, especially if it's something like an outdoor scene where the only light source is the sun. In a scene like that the HDRI is the only light source you need.

In my experience HDRIs work best to show something like an outdoor scene outside the window of a scene that's really focused on what's going on inside, where you don't expect the outdoor stuff to really be the focus of the scene. In fact in a lot of cases you might have depth of field turned on making the stuff in the HDRI intentionally blurry. It's much better than using a billboard for something like that.

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
what content on rebuild? the same as last?
It's supposed to become similar with smoother gameplay and a more diversity for repeatables. It's not sure yet how many of the 6 paths (3 main paths with an option in each) will be kept. Most people don't notice the differences of the options anyway. We'll see

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Just day 1 so far it's more a proof of concept though clever people like Onlyfunz assure us there's a lot of content for repeatable events like peeking
(Another quick update to Mod)

Rebuild Mod v0.01.03
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-another-story-rebuild-mod-v0-01-03-onlyfunz.150953/

Change-Log
v0.01.03 for BBASr v0.01.00

Peek-A-Boo More:
  • "Reset Cool-down" if you get caught! And Peek again!
  • Can't enter the room again? No worries..
    • Reset Room entry and Roll back 10 minutes by clicking icon.
    • (Once you click the icon, move to another room and come back to the door to gain access)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

OnlyOnce1

Jan 7, 2018
In the legacy version the scroll back and forth guaranties switch to a success way even if you failed previously.
In rebuild you can have different results for clicks after rollback, but the cases with "now you should wait for some days" alert.

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
If someone wanna see all the pictures available for peeking scene - mouse scroll is all he needed.
Even if he get caught.
"Peek-A-Boo" is not hiding and peeking from far away.. It is to Sneak in closer and also to show yourself.
In BB-multiverse; Such events have a motive to gain dominance and control over other characters - a.k.a influence.

The bigger picture is easily missed with a Tech Demo.
Although, it is only Day 1 and 2 for now. There are events that will self-lock itself and has a cool-down period.
It relies heavily on the "Skill" progression of the player as per the code.
Either you will have to wait until next day or couple of days until the cool-down completes; to allow the player to use that action again.
The Mod addresses it for now. (This might change and get updated to match with newer versions)

Reactions: JagHond
3.10 star(s) 91 Votes