3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
Q & A

kuppu:
Any news about next update release date ?

aleksey90:
Whole of August will definitely be busy working on it.

kuppu:
So this update is bigger than usual

aleksey90:
Last update had almost no new content and was devoted to working on bugs and reworking Opportunities to make the game clearer and better. v0.07 will focus on the content and promotion of the story with Eric. Eric will stay or you will get rid of him. Also in development is the introduction of a new character and a massage parlor.
Each of the main girls will not be without attention.

pirek

Jun 5, 2017
i have strange error :
used new Big Brother Another Story 0.06.6.02extra full not crunched, and x64 renpy
all clean without my saves and cant run

game loading and 2cm at end its close and only this log in game folder and in crashdump 6mb BigBrother_AnotherStory.exe.3588.dmp
only this game not work, other i test work is any error in registers or what to do to run proper?

View attachment 1325949

any idea what is wrong ?

i attach dmp analysis
other game work fine, i copy all folder windows-x86_64 to lib from other game who is worked and still this same error
i copy this folder to other game and work ok
i make clean copy bb and still the same, i run on virtual and then work
i reinstall python 2.7 and 3.9 x86&x64 and still not work on main computer

OnlyFunz

Game Changer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
any idea what is wrong ?

i attach dmp analysis
other game work fine, i copy all folder windows-x86_64 to lib from other game who is worked and still this same error
As per the attached report, its clearly some Access issue.
Either your Anti-virus program is blocking it or you don't have access in your User Login. (accessing Appdata or Temp folder)

Error:
G:\gry\!niepelne\Big Brother Another Story 0.06.6.02e\lib\windows-x86_64\libpython2.7.dll has caused an access violation exception (0xC0000005) when trying to read from memory location 0x00000000 on thread 0

If you're able to run other Ren'py based games? Are they also installed in the same folder path? If so, try giving the .exe file the admin access and check.

Last edited:
Reactions: .Black Panther.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Either your Anti-virus program is blocking it or you don't have access in your User Login. (accessing Appdata or Temp folder)

Error:
G:\gry\!niepelne\Big Brother Another Story 0.06.6.02e\lib\windows-x86_64\libpython2.7.dll has caused an access violation exception (0xC0000005) when trying to read from memory location 0x00000000 on thread 0

If you're able to run other Ren'py based games? Are they also installed in the same folder path? If so, try giving the .exe file the admin access and check.
any idea what is wrong ?

i attach dmp analysis
I'd suggest trying to run the game as administrator and see how that goes on top of checking the anti virus.
My AV is blocking just about every renpy games using the recent engine, usually, because they try to create some files on the first run, in a directory that I've protected against spywares and such. You might be facing something similar there.

pirek

Jun 5, 2017

Error:

I'd suggest trying to run the game as administrator and see how that goes on top of checking the anti virus.
My AV is blocking just about every renpy games using the recent engine, usually, because they try to create some files on the first run, in a directory that I've protected against spywares and such. You might be facing something similar there.
i try new version Big Brother Another Story 0.06.6.03e :
kaspersky disabled still this same error
rus as admin same (btw i used ghostspectre and i always admin, but ok i test)
adding to exception in antivirus folder games same error
copy folder on other disc and partition this same
all games have this same patch : means : "G:\gry\!niepelne\"
clean registers all what i find bigbrother

SOLVED

i found bug or whatever it is
so i delete this folder in : c:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BB_AS
and now can play

Last edited:
Reactions: OnlyFunz

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I tried this game after a long hiatus and it's gotten a bit better but the same flaw for me remains (Eric). The MC can spend days building his influence with everyone and no matter what you do all week, Eric is able to undo almost all of your gains instantly when he arrives (Monday in particular) setting you back to repeating everything. Why is it so hard to maintain your influence rather than rebuilding it every week? It's almost like you have to use the cheats or you'll have no time to explore the new content.

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I didn't like dealing with Eric either, but for some reason, he has stopped coming around, for now at least.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I tried this game after a long hiatus and it's gotten a bit better but the same flaw for me remains (Eric). The MC can spend days building his influence with everyone and no matter what you do all week, Eric is able to undo almost all of your gains instantly when he arrives (Monday in particular) setting you back to repeating everything. Why is it so hard to maintain your influence rather than rebuilding it every week? It's almost like you have to use the cheats or you'll have no time to explore the new content.
I guess that's the case because the influence stat means hardly anything at the moment. Where would be the "fun" (we all love having Eric in the game, do we?) to compete against that guy if you had won before the story is even written?

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
If you are talking about the girls mood, that always goes back to neutral, if you don't do something about it. Even if Eric was not in the game. As far influence, if you mod it in, you may miss some triggers, and never complete some opportunities.
Don't worry about Eric, next update, ship him off to the dog food canning factory.
NEWS.png
It's going to make a lot of dogs sick.

Last edited:
Reactions: raveeak

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
If you are talking about the girls mood, that always goes back to neutral, if you don't do something about it. Even if Eric was not in the game. As far influence, if you mod it in, you may miss some triggers, and never complete some opportunities.
The girls in the game are just like the real thing.
As soon as you stop taking care of them, they will show it to you. ;)

Reactions: maxbishup

ejt2223

Mar 5, 2020
If you've got the picture, show it, don't just show a link to the Patreon page.
This particular picture is a cam view of Eric taking a shit. So in this one isolated case, it's better to NOT show the picture. In fact, it's better to not even mention the link. Seriously. How do you say "buzz kill" in Russian?

• Haha
Reactions: DearLegend37

Pervie-Dan

May 1, 2017
I think people who dislike Eric will like the picture as it is a hint of how Max can sabotage Eric before getting rid of him.

But it should be put in a spoiler for sure :LOL:

evko

Oct 8, 2018
This particular picture is a cam view of Eric taking a shit. So in this one isolated case, it's better to NOT show the picture. In fact, it's better to not even mention the link. Seriously. How do you say "buzz kill" in Russian?
Кайфолом

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I guess that's the case because the influence stat means hardly anything at the moment. Where would be the "fun" (we all love having Eric in the game, do we?) to compete against that guy if you had won before the story is even written?
Honestly I have no problem with the antagonist. I generally used the cheat to gauge the stats and try very hard not to tamper with anything. But if you play and just use the mod to track stats (not mood but influence) you will see how easily Eric's influence erodes yours in a matter of hours even though you are playing to meet all the points where influence points are made.
Don't worry about Eric, next update, ship him off to the dog food canning factory.
View attachment 1327852
It's going to make a lot of dogs sick.
Honestly I have no problem with the antagonist. I generally used the cheat to gauge the stats and try very hard not to tamper with anything. But if you play and just use the mod to track stats (not mood but influence) you will see how easily Eric's influence erodes yours in a matter of hours even though you are playing to meet all the points where influence points are made. But I understand what you said by at this time those stats though frustrating to me are useless.

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
Honestly I have no problem with the antagonist. I generally used the cheat to gauge the stats and try very hard not to tamper with anything. But if you play and just use the mod to track stats (not mood but influence) you will see how easily Eric's influence erodes yours in a matter of hours even though you are playing to meet all the points where influence points are made.

Honestly I have no problem with the antagonist. I generally used the cheat to gauge the stats and try very hard not to tamper with anything. But if you play and just use the mod to track stats (not mood but influence) you will see how easily Eric's influence erodes yours in a matter of hours even though you are playing to meet all the points where influence points are made. But I understand what you said by at this time those stats though frustrating to me are useless.
What influence he has in some mod, does not count. You only need to watch there mood, and complete the opportunities. I don't think dog food cans will get in the way of your influence. Only make your dog sick. Stay away from cheep dog food.
NEWS.png
We bring you the news, nobody wants to hear.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
What influence he has in some mod, does not count. You only need to watch there mood, and complete the opportunities. I don't think dog food cans will get in the way of your influence. Only make your dog sick. Stay away from cheep dog food.
View attachment 1328171
We bring you the news, nobody wants to hear.
Influence seems to be hidden stat and they change reactions (to me) more than mood. For instance both sisters can be in good or very good moods but depending on who has the the higher influence the homework and blog scenes change. If Eric's influence is higher (mood good or very good) Lisa homework dialogue changes to she has a tutor already and for Alice blog scene you actually see Eric there. If the MC's influence is higher Lisa's homework dialogue does not mention Eric and reverts to pre Eric helping her dialogue. For Alice it's splits her blog scene either states Eric is helping her or you get a scene where there is no interaction available. From what I'm seeing there may be other instances but I have not noticed them yet.

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes