Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

SuzanneS

Apr 6, 2017
I have some ideas aswell. And as Pothos in the ikarumod thread found out it is actally possible to add new branches with custom images, I'm willing to ive it a try. Only problem is, I totally suck at 3D rendering. So maybe someone wants to make renders for story?
Actually changing the game could give problems. I mean, I can understand if DS would not like that and I think he would be right in that. On the other hand, it would be a lot better than just some comic like I suggested before.

I honestly don't know, i've chated with him at the beginning of his project in febrary/march and he was looking kind of "protective" with his game.
Seeing how he reacted in the beginning to the cracks and cheats, I instant believe you. However he has changed his point of view on that, as he stopped trying to stop the crack. Maybe he can also change his point of view on some fans trying to create some fan-based comic. If we have a solid plan we could at least ask him.

Sabrice

Apr 24, 2017
Actually changing the game could give problems. I mean, I can understand if DS would not like that and I think he would be right in that. On the other hand, it would be a lot better than just some comic like I suggested before.

Seeing how he reacted in the beginning to the cracks and cheats, I instant believe you. However he has changed his point of view on that, as he stopped trying to stop the crack. Maybe he can also change his point of view on some fans trying to create some fan-based comic. If we have a solid plan we could at least ask him.
Yeah I totality agree, if the plan is to do something like a "fan game" or some deep modding that change the actual one, the first step would be to have a real idea. And then, asking DS about it isn't a bad idea. However , before a "V1" of the game, it will be more difficult I think...

SuzanneS

Apr 6, 2017
Yeah I totality agree, if the plan is to do something like a "fan game" or some deep modding that change the actual one, the first step would be to have a real idea. And then, asking DS about it isn't a bad idea. However , before a "V1" of the game, it will be more difficult I think...
So first question is: will we do a comic or a game?
My vote would be for a comic.

Sabrice

Apr 24, 2017
So first question is: will we do a comic or a game?
My vote would be for a comic.
I dunno, people that create the project, if it has to be one one day, will chose. However as it was suggested before, doing a poll/opening another thread should be a good start.

Reactions: Macheto

MegaV

May 30, 2017
Really appreciate it, thanks!
Celtic how do you get your renders so crisp, I'm using Daz 3D, rendering with iray and my images are not half as good, does it make a difference that I'm using a laptop with onboard graphics for this? Like does the graphics card make a difference with renders or is it something in my render settings or do you use photoshop or something to improve the image qualities? Just curious mate coz mine look nothing close to as good as yours and are very pixelated any pointers would be appreciated

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
Celtic how do you get your renders so crisp, I'm using Daz 3D, rendering with iray and my images are not half as good, does it make a difference that I'm using a laptop with onboard graphics for this? Like does the graphics card make a difference with renders or is it something in my render settings or do you use photoshop or something to improve the image qualities? Just curious mate coz mine look nothing close to as good as yours and are very pixelated any pointers would be appreciated
I'm using a laptop myself. But really you need one withe an Nvidia card otherwise it'll just render using the cpu and will be slooooow.

It really comes down to render time and light. A good start it to use Iray advanced render settings in presets in the render settings tab. As for light: Iray likes lots of it, the more you have the less grain. Try find some HDR enviroments to use, they'll give you a nice look and you can then add mesh lights to get specific looks. It takes a bit of trial and error but the more you do the easier it gets. Also skin shaders make a big difference. Feel free to ask if you want any more advice. I'm always happy to help.

MegaV

May 30, 2017
Thanks Celtic I'm just using trial and error at the moment but I don't have a Nividia graphics card so it's taking ages Per render

Pothos

May 8, 2017

is this possible in the game?
It is with a little bit more modding, I have it working using this method

after you follow instructions you just have to update the mod.txt to include it in a scene or change Mom's couch scene to this image using save editor. If you need help with either once you follow the link above let me know.

Derover

Modder
Nov 11, 2016
My take on modding is that it helps the original game.
Modding is only done because someone has a different view on the game then the original developers.
If it can be changed by adding a mod, that person and maybe many others will lke the game more and thus more people would like the game in total.
I think it's a win win for both the devs as the players.

Iceridlah

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2017
Not a very big fan of Alice but damn that is a really nice looking render.

Speaking of nice looking renders what I'm about to post are not that nice looking IMO for a few reasons. Bad settings, my models aren't exact matches for those in the game, and something went wrong with my lighting. I've used this same lighting very successfully with other scenes and models but this time it really highlighted the certain features of the skin. Those features are present in the actual BB game but not as noticeable. I tried to fix them a little but they are what they are. Don't have time to redo them better. Hopefully someone will still enjoy them.

Using a combination of pictures from the main game and my own I've made a little story with the Mom and Max. I'll attach a few sample picture but the rest will be in the links.

031.png 043.png 046.png

In the gallery click the first picture then preview then use the right arrows to navigate. Be sure to view the pictures in the right order 001, 002, 003, and so on.

If you'd rather download the whole thing at once either use Mega's download as zip in the gallery link or just use the link below. Make sure the pictures are arranged by name before viewing the story.

Mega gallery link >

Mega zip download link >

bubbas

Apr 26, 2017
A new one, hope you all like.

Speaking of nice looking renders what I'm about to post are not that nice looking IMO for a few reasons. Bad settings, my models aren't exact matches for those in the game, and something went wrong with my lighting. I've used this same lighting very successfully with other scenes and models but this time it really highlighted the certain features of the skin. Those features are present in the actual BB game but not as noticeable. I tried to fix them a little but they are what they are. Don't have time to redo them better. Hopefully someone will still enjoy them.

Using a combination of pictures from the main game and my own I've made a little story with the Mom and Max. I'll attach a few sample picture but the rest will be in the links.

View attachment 13205 View attachment 13206 View attachment 13207

In the gallery click the first picture then preview then use the right arrows to navigate. Be sure to view the pictures in the right order 001, 002, 003, and so on.

If you'd rather download the whole thing at once either use Mega's download as zip in the gallery link or just use the link below. Make sure the pictures are arranged by name before viewing the story.

Mega gallery link >

Mega zip download link >
Very nice work both of you!

ps123

May 4, 2017

View attachment 13205 View attachment 13206 View attachment 13207

Mega gallery link >

Mega zip download link >

Nice story, Alternate Worlds of BB :evilsmile:

Reactions: gondar21
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes