Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Reactions: alfonsokchero

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Not too bad, but Ann looks really bored in some of these pics x'D
She also seems to float in/on the water or something or did I miss something?

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
Reactions: Darkaura

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
View attachment 44050 View attachment 44049
Testing out rendering blank scenes and showing characters on top of it. I think it looks decent and could be good if done right. It would depend on application. I'd likely keep full sex scenes apart of the scene but small character renders for conversations is really nice.
It seems to me that it would be cool if you could render the room with the characters and then without, and the do a diff on the results, and extract the difference giving you a useful overlay and background. If the overlays are of a substantially smaller file-size, you could save a ton of space, by using a single background and multiple overlays.

Yours looks good, but not as good I suspect as the characters rendered in-scene. Tons of games (Lab rats, Sisterx3, SS, use the overlay method to varying degrees of success.

I wonder if Daz can render a scene with the character "invisible" but still have it generate shadows and reflections? Then do the reverse and have the room "invisible" but still have the rooms effect (lighting, shadows, reflection) on the character? Then you could have a background with the character "present" and layer in multiple conversation and maybe even sex poses with a much smaller footprint than doing a whole 1080P for everything.

Last edited:

indusfre

Jul 21, 2017
Yours looks good, but not as good I suspect as the characters rendered in-scene. Tons of games (Lab rats, Sisterx3, SS, use the overlay method to varying degrees of success.
Yeah I've done some scenes and it always looks better if you place the character into the scene. I was playing around because I could use the overlayed characters with multiple backgrounds. Reusability while still looking good was the main goal.
I wonder if Daz can render a scene with the character "invisible" but still have it generate shadows and reflections? Then do the reverse and have the room "invisible" but still have the rooms effect (lighting, shadows, reflection) on the character? Then you could have a background with the character "present" and layer in multiple conversation and maybe even sex poses with a much smaller footprint than doing a whole 1080P for everything.
Do you mean having the characters be invisible but the shadows of the characters still rendered? I don't think it is possible but someone better than me would know. I think it would look odd as well.

If you just mean rendering the scene without characters, and then rendering the characters posed inside of it without the scene, then I'm not sure either. I don't know how to make the shadows appear onto the scene without the scene objects being there.

bauchnabel

Modder
Aug 27, 2017
A great first effort. And as Celtic might say, it takes MANY efforts to get the lighting, color, shading, and posing "just right."

Thanks, i will read some tutorials the next days to learn about rendering effects, but i will finish this story first. about 30 pics are done by know and dialogs are made to so far. Maybe my next set of pics will be more professional :)

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
If you just mean rendering the scene without characters
No. I mean rendering the scene with the characters "present" as having a body in a particular location in the room changes the room. Then delete the character so that you can re-use the room with multiple poses of that same character. To me, rooms rendered empty, still look "empty" even when you overlay a character into it...

I'm pretty sure you can kind of do that in Photoshop if you have the two images, one with the character and one without, you can kind of "paint" the unwanted character out by cutting and pasting the portion of the image where the character exists with the portion from the empty room. It would just be nice if Daz could do that for you...

Last edited:

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
No. I mean rendering the scene with the characters "present" as having a body in a particular location in the room changes the room. Then delete the character so that you can re-use the room with multiple poses of that same character. To me, rooms rendered empty, still look "empty" even when you overlay a character into it...

I'm pretty sure you can kind of do that in Photoshop if you have the two images, one with the character and one without, you can kind of "paint" the unwanted character out by cutting and pasting the portion of the image where the character exists with the portion from the empty room. It would just be nice if Daz could do that for you...
The best you can do is render the background and then use it as a background image for your render. That way you don't have to composite it in Photoshop. But shadows etc. aren't going to be right. I did this in my very early renders, and DS used to do it when he started out on the game. You'll spot it in some of the early scenes.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes