• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
The square jaw was already there, because apparently that's part of the supermodel look that almost every Daz figure has. I just made use of the sliders that Daz included to add some age lines to the model, among other body enhancing morphs.

Someone we might know, yes. The red silk robe is a clue, and I also mentioned it was given to her long ago by her pervy brother.
ooo Lisa. you sure all daz have the square jaw, like they all usually look feminine where as this jaw just seems like a man has had a gender change :| wouldn't 30 years ago be more appropriate? she doesn't look young enough to be in her late 30s early 40s, more like mid 50s imo. although this makes me understand why all the milfs look like they are in their early 40s or late 30s, because it seems daz is shit for doing mature women. i might be wrong tho

Reactions: lexus

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
amazing work guys,so amazing in fact that i decided to try it out myself,i hope i'll be able to present some work here in the future
keep em coming

Reactions: Krull and Born2game

obiwan21

Jul 29, 2017
Wanted to ask more about scene setup. (Noticed my GPU is my bottleneck, so that's step 1)

However, been messing more with lighting and camera setup.
1. Are you using default lights or a light package? I've tried messing with OOT Dramatic Iray Lights and creating my own, but not 2 skilled with the 3 point setup for good lighting.
2. What camera settings are best to use/avoid?
- Make use of DOF?
- My focal length is 105, f/stop at 11. (f/stop doesn't matter much with DOF)

Any tips would be helpful.
Also, lastly, is there any benefit to rendering a camera without perspective for any of these shots? Just a curious question. Sometimes I have portrait views and wondered if "no perspective mode" would benefit the view

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
ooo Lisa. you sure all daz have the square jaw, like they all usually look feminine where as this jaw just seems like a man has had a gender change :| wouldn't 30 years ago be more appropriate? she doesn't look young enough to be in her late 30s early 40s, more like mid 50s imo. although this makes me understand why all the milfs look like they are in their early 40s or late 30s, because it seems daz is shit for doing mature women. i might be wrong tho
Not all of the female models have square jaws, but maybe it seems to me that so many do because when I'm looking for a suitable MILF character I am disregarding all the models with waif bodies or too youthful faces.

Daz has controls to dial in percentages of each character model and it will morph them together, so I added Lisa's model (Blaire) into the mix. With such customization available, it's all the more disappointing when some of these game designers are just using the models as-is. That's why we're so easily able to pick up the ball and run with it to make all this BB fan art.

Close up render coming later today.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Not all of the female models have square jaws, but maybe it seems to me that so many do because when I'm looking for a suitable MILF character I am disregarding all the models with waif bodies or too youthful faces.

Daz has controls to dial in percentages of each character model and it will morph them together, so I added Lisa's model (Blaire) into the mix. With such customization available, it's all the more disappointing when some of these game designers are just using the models as-is. That's why we're so easily able to pick up the ball and run with it to make all this BB fan art.

some of the normal models are practically perfect tho :p like blaire XD love the redhed pick on the site. just wish it was easier for people to do a milf that is around 50 that looking as hot as Jennifer Aniston (she is 48)

Saltheart

Sep 2, 2017
That's why we're so easily able to pick up the ball and run with it to make all this BB fan art.

And run with it you all have! Amazing talents on display here - enough to prompt me to try and join the club. I've over 30 years in the graphics industry (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), but have never attempted any 3D modeling or coding. I've just installed DAZ (freebie version) and have all of the upcoming winter to collect assets and learn.
Shouldn't be too difficult - and mom really needs more exposure in her new profession :D

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
However, been messing more with lighting and camera setup.
1. Are you using default lights or a light package? I've tried messing with OOT Dramatic Iray Lights and creating my own, but not 2 skilled with the 3 point setup for good lighting.
2. What camera settings are best to use/avoid?
- Make use of DOF?
- My focal length is 105, f/stop at 11. (f/stop doesn't matter much with DOF)

Any tips would be helpful.
Also, lastly, is there any benefit to rendering a camera without perspective for any of these shots? Just a curious question. Sometimes I have portrait views and wondered if "no perspective mode" would benefit the view
1. There is no harm in using light packages, certainly they are a good way to see how lo light correctly. They can however slow down render times depending on their complexity. They can also be difficult yo mover around to get the look you want. I tend to use spots that I've changed the settings of to make them mesh lights. Also the default settings are always far too low so turn the lumens way up. Three point lighting isn't so difficult to master, I recommend playing around with it, the better your understanding of it becomes the better your renders will be. Using good HDRI's as an environment will get you great results, you'll find free ones online and there will be ones with light sets. They will really get you fantastic results and are ultimately the way to go.

2. I tend to stick closely with the defaults for camera settings. I've found that many of DS's renders in the game seem to have a lower than default frame width setting (around 25). DoF makes the images more realistic and also focus the eye of the viewer towards the focus of the image. For the most art it's probably best to be subtle about it though. You probably don't want backgrounds to be a complete blur. The focal length you have is pretty good for portraits though your f/stop is going to make everything outside of the focal point very blurry. It really depends on the look you are trying to achieve.

I wouldn't be a big fan of turning off perspective.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes