Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

obiwan21

Jul 29, 2017
1. There is no harm in using light packages, certainly they are a good way to see how lo light correctly. They can however slow down render times depending on their complexity. They can also be difficult yo mover around to get the look you want. I tend to use spots that I've changed the settings of to make them mesh lights. Also the default settings are always far too low so turn the lumens way up. Three point lighting isn't so difficult to master, I recommend playing around with it, the better your understanding of it becomes the better your renders will be. Using good HDRI's as an environment will get you great results, you'll find free ones online and there will be ones with light sets. They will really get you fantastic results and are ultimately the way to go.

2. I tend to stick closely with the defaults for camera settings. I've found that many of DS's renders in the game seem to have a lower than default frame width setting (around 25). DoF makes the images more realistic and also focus the eye of the viewer towards the focus of the image. For the most art it's probably best to be subtle about it though. You probably don't want backgrounds to be a complete blur. The focal length you have is pretty good for portraits though your f/stop is going to make everything outside of the focal point very blurry. It really depends on the look you are trying to achieve.

I wouldn't be a big fan of turning off perspective.
Thank you, sir, for your response. Definitely answered my questions and I will study up on the 3-point lighting to get it under control. Better off learning than trying to depend on someone else having created something for me.

As for the camera settings, thanks for the info as well. That should help when setting up scenes.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Wanted to ask more about scene setup. (Noticed my GPU is my bottleneck, so that's step 1)

However, been messing more with lighting and camera setup.
1. Are you using default lights or a light package? I've tried messing with OOT Dramatic Iray Lights and creating my own, but not 2 skilled with the 3 point setup for good lighting.
2. What camera settings are best to use/avoid?
- Make use of DOF?
- My focal length is 105, f/stop at 11. (f/stop doesn't matter much with DOF)

Any tips would be helpful.
Also, lastly, is there any benefit to rendering a camera without perspective for any of these shots? Just a curious question. Sometimes I have portrait views and wondered if "no perspective mode" would benefit the view
For the exterior ones I've done, I tend to light the scenes with HDRI, and then a judicious spotlight or two to brighten areas. I'm fond of the "Skies of Irradiance" HDRI's.
Camera: I use DOF a good bit. Use a top view and fiddle with the settings until the key characters are sandwiched between the planes. I mostly leave my focal length at the default unless I really need to change it, but that's mostly laziness. Then fiddle with the ISO in the tone mapping to brighten or darken as required.

Derover

Modder
Nov 11, 2016
Alice and Lisa are both shaven ingame. Something that has to be regulary done.
So my idea was that you could burst in the bathroom while Lisa/ALice are in.
And instead of the default scene that is in the game now,
you could get a scene where Lisa/Alice are shaving themselfs down there.

Just to mix things up.

Reactions: kcfan

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
could you do one where she is less chubby around the face (like if she did heaps of yoga like her mom)
Here's a comparison.

Lisa-Aging-Comparison.png

Left: young Lisa as we know her in BB. Straight up Blaire figure.

Center: Ophelia HD figure with Blaire head, and the "Face Older HD" control at 100%. It's a meta-control that applies varying proportions to several other controls.

Right: Same as the center but with Ophelia head mixed equally with Blaire head.

There's not a big difference between the center and the right except for the marionette lines. I think the one in the center doesn't look old enough, the one on the right looks older but not too old. My mature Lisa concept has her in the 36-45 range, definitely not 50 yet. MILF, not GILF. As a teenager she spent 3 (or is it 4?) hours at the pool every afternoon, so if her skin doesn't look like shoe leather then the years have actually been kind.

Yes, she does heaps of yoga.

Lisa yoga 2.png

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes