Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Kripke

Jan 10, 2018
Scaling. Guys, your good renders could be awesome if you bothered more about scaling. I know, when you use poses created by others, figures are set on 100% by default, and after changing the scaling you have to fix the posing afterwards. But what is worse - spending 15-20 minutes more on hands/feet/... adjustment, or making a render where tiny cute teenager Lisa is as huge as a big adult man???

redle

Apr 12, 2017
I saw how ravaged the poor guy doing BB In Space got I'll pass especially as I'd need the fabulous talents of
MarcCollins89 to make it a proposition as his art was the inspiration for it.
I only briefly looked at that game, and not recently. Didn't realize there was a lot of negative feedback. But to be fair, BB never had particularly deep characters. They were fairly standard trope stereotypes. So the only thing that makes BB characters BB characters are their looks. And then that's the only thing he changed. A bit too much like asking for rocky road ice cream, but hold the ice cream please. If you're going to re-cast the characters, then just name the game something else.

I don't imagine it helped any that the gameplay and script from when I looked at it felt like I took a post-it-note; wrote "in space" on it; taped it to the bottom-right corner of my monitor and then played the original BB and at the end of every dialog line continued onto my post-it. I'm not trying to be cruel. The game seemed like a literal word-for-word copy excepting every 20th word had "space" inserted after it.

There wasn't anything bad about any of the work I saw in the game. But there also wasn't any real original content other than replacement pictures (which even those felt like repeats with the furniture swapped for "futuristic" furniture and substitute cast members). It was a literal re-skin.

A detective story could certainly make for a fun game. New storyline and activities, lots of potential content. Of course any time one trades on an existing title they get lots of extra initial interest or glances, but almost all of them come with very loaded expectations and opinions already formed. Can always keep the same cast (appearance-wise) but scrap the names and any Title linking.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes