Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
It has an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz and 4 G RAM running Vista 64B.

Yes I know... it is 10 years old but till now enough for me.
I suggest you to leave rendering to other ppl before you burn your computer down, can scroll back some pages and see how burnout computer card looks like.

Reactions: Darkaura and Krull

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
It has an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz and 4 G RAM running Vista 64B.

Yes I know... it is 10 years old but till now enough for me.
Your going to burn that thing up doing this kind of application.

Reactions: Krull

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
Your going to burn that thing up doing this kind of application.
Really? So hard to render a bit? :eek:

OK what is the MUST HAVE (not the minimum) to get some rendering fun and I will buy me a new "calculator" next time.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

OK what is the MUST HAVE (not the minimum) to get some rendering fun and I will buy me a new "calculator" next time.
That depends on what you can afford.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
That depends on what you can afford.
Most fun for little money. (as usual)

I have no clue what 's on the market and how much.
Let me explain like that: a knight fresh out of time from medieval needs a sports car, which would you recommend?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
At min. intel 3Ghz quad core with as much ram the mother board can handle up to 32Gb with at least GTX 1060 at min. (1080 would be great though.) Extra case cooling fans.

Reactions: Max Headroom

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017

You really need to have an nvidia card with at least 4gb of ram. But I would recommend something with a nvidia geforce gtx1060 or better. The more system ram the better... the larger the scene and the more characters you want to use will require higher ram... I'd recommend 16GB+. You also want a multi-core processor... 2ghz or better. Hard drive will have a little effect but it not too big a deal.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
You really need to have an nvidia card with at least 4gb of ram. But I would recommend something with a nvidia geforce gtx1060 or better. The more system ram the better... the larger the scene and the more characters you want to use will require higher ram... I'd recommend 16GB+. You also want a multi-core processor... 2ghz or better. Hard drive will have a little effect but it not too big a deal.
Were very close on this but I would go with 3Gz instead of 2Ghz.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Were very close on this but I would go with 3Gz instead of 2Ghz.
If you're rendering via GPU, the CPU speed doesn't make a ton of difference. Some, yes, but not a ton.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
Ohh fu.... when I go to Amzon (quick check) I see ~20 different models for GTX 1080... Bad when you are out of business buying hardware for 10 years...

What is the difference between GPU & CPU rendering? In the results I ask for.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
If you're rendering via GPU, the CPU speed doesn't make a ton of difference. Some, yes, but not a ton.
True if it was only for doing rendering but if use for regular computer also then the faster it is the better.

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
Ohh fu.... when I go to Amzon (quick check) I see ~20 different models for GTX 1080... Bad when you are out of business buying hardware for 10 years...

What is the difference between GPU & CPU rendering? In the results I ask for.
GPU rendering is much, much quicker, it also won't slow down your whole computer. If you are in anyway serious about doing any Iray rendering it's a must.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
GPU rendering is much, much quicker, it also won't slow down your whole computer. If you are in anyway serious about doing any Iray rendering it's a must.
So with GPU-rendering the GPU does the rendering while I still can use the computer for... maybe chatting with you f.e.?
BTW this last pics aren't with your "new" Alice, or and does the new need more GPU power?

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
So with GPU-rendering the GPU does the rendering while I still can use the computer for... maybe chatting with you f.e.?
BTW this last pics aren't with your "new" Alice, or and does the new need more GPU power?
Yeah, the GPU does the bulk of the rendering. I'm currently rendering and have no slow down at all on other non gpu specific applications.

The recent renders are done to match the newer spider scenes from the game so they use my regular Alice skin (the more real skin would look wrong with standard Max also). It doesn't render particularly more slowly, I'll do something more with it at some point though.

hert

Aug 15, 2017
Ann has called Max to her office. There's this new secretary that might be girlfriend material she wabts him to meet... Coincidentally she also has done some shopping for beautiful boots this morning... everything didn't go as she planned. Ot did it ?

(It's a bunch of failed renders As I try to progress toward something acceptable but I figured some people might like it anyway)
It's great.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes