DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Well, I have to say ending BB is a decision I can't quite understand or support.
Dark Silver has made a lot of money with this game, certainly enough to at least finish this game in a satisfying manner

So Patreon is making a fuss and thats why @DarkSilver is going to abandon BB??
Thats like the worst possible outcome.
- He could have easily migrated to another site, he has big enough fanbase and people would follow him.
- Or he could continue making money on Patreon by "doing nothing" while releasing BB on his own site (thats what some creators do now. So far Patreon has no problem with that as long there is no mention/preview of the game on Patreon site).
- Or he could go "hidden adult update" route. Provide vanilla version of game, where Max is adopted etc. And then provide some update (Steam style), that will add all of missing content.

Reactions: pmmddb and botc76

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017

So Patreon is making a fuss and thats why Dark Silver is going to abandon BB??
Thats like the worst possible outcome. He could have easily migrated to another site, he has big enough fanbase and people would follow him.
Migrating to another site isn't as easy as you'd think. A lot of payment processors don't want to support adult content including incest.

Reactions: KaiserST

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Do you even know what's going on right now?
Patreon forced DS to remove all mentions of BB from his Patreon page. So, DS can't release BB there. He doesn't have his own site yet on which people can pledge.
This means that for now BB is on hold.
There's a difference between trying to find a way to continue and just shelving it for now. From what I read it's the latter and not the former.
So yes, I know what's going on, I just seem to draw different conclusions from what we know than you do.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's not troublesome or that there's an easy solution, but he owes it to the people that supported him for years to finish the product he promised, if he can find a way.
We are talking about an immensely successful patreon after all.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Migrating to another site isn't as easy as you'd think. A lot of payment processors don't want to support adult content including incest.
Yeah, thats why I have updated my post with "option B".
(continue making money on Patreon by "doing nothing" while releasing BB on different site. Some Creators do that now. So far Patreon has no problem with that as long there is no mention of the game on Patreon)

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
lol is easy to say something like that. But for ppl who just pay and play the game because in that game there is incest is not so easy! If someone give me a content and i pay it. I wanna play that game.
BB is born as incest game. So surelly the 80% of the incoming are incest fan. And if you now remove incest content only to pleasure other ppl (ppl who like only nomale sex) from having an ending is really stupid.
You cant close a game like that. Just to give an ending to few ppl.

Reactions: DrDerpington

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
lol is easy to say something like that. But for ppl who just pay and play the game because in that game there is incest is not so easy! If someone give me a content and i pay it. I wanna play that game.
BB is born as incest game. So surelly the 80% of the incoming are incest fan. And if you now remove incest content only to pleasure other ppl (ppl who like only nomale sex) from having an ending is really stupid.
You cant close a game like that. Just to give an ending to few ppl.
I don't think your post has anything to do with mine or you didn't really understand it at least.
Where the fuck did I say anything about no incest content? Of course there needs to be fucking incest content.
All I'm saying is that if he can find a way DS should finish the game he promised his supporters. WITH THE INCEST!

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
I don't think your post has anything to do with mine or you didn't really understand it at least.
Where the fuck did I say anything about no incest content? Of course there needs to be fucking incest content.
All I'm saying is that if he can find a way DS should finish the game he promised his supporters. WITH THE INCEST!
lol sorry i quote another post, but XD strangely your post has jumped in. I do not know why XD. I go and Edit again. Oh man i now do not know in who page i find the comment i quoted XD

Reactions: botc76

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, thats why I have updated my post with "option B".
(continue making money on Patreon by "doing nothing" while releasing BB on different site. Some Creators do that now. So far Patreon has no problem with that as long there is no mention of the game on Patreon)
DS has said that he doesn't want to risk that, since he doesn't want a permanent ban.

Reactions: KaiserST

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
Google search for Patreon alternatives:

I think DS just needs to set up his own website with a donation button which in turn gives access to a new version of BB and NOT abandon it completely, that would be a huge mistake (I don't expect Glamour to be a success at all).

Reactions: botc76

RandomVirus

Oct 16, 2017
I said it many times already. 0.13 will be finished and will be given to everyone as gift from me at next will
why not make Max's mother barren and all her children adopted? So do with Aunt Kira, well, or make her a childhood friend. Does not this solve all the problems? (Yes, we'll have to work, but it's better than shutting us all of our favorite game)

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
DS has said that he doesn't want to risk that, since he doesn't want a permanent ban.
Does ban on 1 account matters? He can easily create another one and migrate his fans. Some (money-grubbing) creators use 2 accounts without any problems.
(Patreon wants to leech off Creators so they will never pernamently ban IP. Everybody can start with 2nd account)

why not make Max's mother barren and all her children adopted? So do with Aunt Kira, well, or make her a childhood friend. Does not this solve all the problems? (Yes, we'll have to work, but it's better than shutting us all of our favorite game)
Max's mother barren still doesnt solve the problem of her being his mother...
Though I dont see any problem in girls being his step-sisters and Kira childhood friend of mother.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Though I dont see any problem in girls being his step-sisters and Kira childhood friend of mother.
Step and foster relations are also banned.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

RandomVirus

Oct 16, 2017
Does ban on 1 account matters? He can easily create another one and migrate his fans. Some (money-grubbing) creators use 2 accounts without any problems.
(Patreon wants to leech off Creators so they will never pernamently ban IP. Everybody can start with 2nd account)

Sex with an adopted son is not an incest, in fact

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
People should read previous posts a bit. There is no real alternative to Patreon because of Paypal. If he'll leave Patreon he will lost everything. He can't mod or alter BB cuz Patreon is being harder to deal with and they don't want anything related to BB on their site. He can't put an empty site and develop BB elsewhere as he might be perma banned and he can't risk it. People should understand that BB is dead until real alternative for patreon will come. And it might be years for that. Glamour looks more than decent and I see no reason to blame DS for anything as it's clearly not his fault.

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
People should read previous posts a bit. There is no real alternative to Patreon because of Paypal. If he'll leave Patreon he will lost everything. He can't mod or alter BB cuz Patreon is being harder to deal with and they don't want anything related to BB on their site. He can't put an empty site and develop BB elsewhere as he might be perma banned and he can't risk it. People should understand that BB is dead until real alternative for patreon will come. And it might be years for that. Glamour looks more than decent and I see no reason to blame DS for anything as it's clearly not his fault.
Donations can be set up through Stripe (paypal alternative)

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
People should read previous posts a bit. There is no real alternative to Patreon because of Paypal. If he'll leave Patreon he will lost everything. He can't mod or alter BB cuz Patreon is being harder to deal with and they don't want anything related to BB on their site. He can't put an empty site and develop BB elsewhere as he might be perma banned and he can't risk it.
Why cant @DarkSilver continue releasing BB on different site?? Patreon doesnt forbid that... as long as he doesnt share it on Patreon.
(In real life its similar, your employer cant forbid you to take some part-time job on the side)

On surface his account on Patreon can be "doing nothing" or he can be doing part-time that Glamour thingy. Patreon cant forbid him to release some additional stuff in his private blog. Everybody is happy.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Why cant @DarkSilver continue releasing BB on different site?? Patreon doesnt forbid that... as long as he doesnt share it on Patreon.
(In real life its similar, your employer cant forbid you to take some part-time job on the side)

On surface his account on Patreon can be "doing nothing" or he can be doing part-time that Glamour thingy. Patreon cant forbid him to release some additional stuff in his private blog. Everybody is happy.
Most important issue is perma ban he can't risk. They could easily call it violation of TOS if he would gather funds on their site for BB. Even without links. They said so in their message to him that he can't gather funds for BB on their site. Another thing is marketing. Majority of people wouldn't know about it sooner or later. This forum isn't as huge as people think. Most players aren't on forums and they pledge what they find.

Reactions: JasonJemodah
3.40 star(s) 107 Votes