micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
I updated the drivers but the games continue to crash. So i upload the error log
Did you also dl fresh version from and update you rar. Well that were my two cents on that and hope it will solve your issue, beyond what i have told got no idea atm what could be issue with that so gona leave to ppl that had some experience with it.

Reactions: Herapa

MrXoWyl4

Jul 4, 2017
Did you also dl fresh version from and update you rar. Well that were my two cents on that and hope it will solve your issue, beyond what i have told got no idea atm what could be issue with that so gona leave to ppl that had some experience with it.
Well, thanks for the help

Reactions: Herapa

Gok

Jun 9, 2017
10 years with full package of professional team making games are not the same as solo making games. In a company, you get assignment to your specialty. In solo career, you have to do it all, or contact help from others, who's not guarantee had the same level of experience as on his old company.
But it's 10years, not 2. By that time you should know something more than your field. Lets say you be doing animations, but you could learn some coding on the side or practice photoshop, or even make new original characters from scratch(heck you'd have to know how to make it if you worked 10years on character animation)

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
But it's 10years, not 2. By that time you should know something more than your field. Lets say you be doing animations, but you could learn some coding on the side or practice photoshop, or even make new original characters from scratch(heck you'd have to know how to make it if you worked 10years on character animation)
5 years as 3D animator, but my specialty & assignment are on Environment and Special Effect. I rarely touch model creation and animating it, also rendering. So if I had to make my own 3D movie, I can do it all, but it will have deficiency in model making and animating it, plus rendering. Yes there's are some example of people who can do and best on all but it's a rare case. Your company prefer people who can do 1 or 2 job and be good with it. That's why company (of all kind) have many department.

What IF ... DS once a story writer. Definitely he will have deficiency on scripting and modeling.

Reactions: User_166761

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Am I the only one dissapointed that Kira didn't get any content this update. It could even be something simple like sunbathing naked and trying to convice everyone to do the same or progressing some of her scenes at night.
You're not alone.But seems we wont get more Kira before 0.13 or 0.14.Same goes to Anna.I have no idea how thematic will be 0.11 and 0.12.Is thematic means he will only work on Alice and Lisa for 0.11 and Olivia for 0.12?
But anyway I like 0.10.Is there is Alice I'm always happy.It's funny that is possible to have 3 times on same day sex with Alice.And now after we get Elena in 0.14 DmD,now waiting for Tracy in DoD ep.9 or 10.

Reactions: KaiserST

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
1. Yes, DS in here, but their obligation is to the backers. To free players in here, is more like a fan service. But of course he should listen to us, as bad publicity is not good.

3. To be able posting in his patreon, one must became a patron. So for free player, the choice is limited to this thread only.

6.a. I called it consistency. Developer has to choose whether to fix the imperfection or progression. If choose the first, DS had high risk to incur the rage of people who want keep continuation of the storyline, backer or non backer. If he choose progression, it's complicated. Why?

6.b.1. Taken from my experience as professional animator, when you accept an assignment from client, you can't just making 1 module, but make several modules base on the order. After finishing all modules, we select 3 best modules to be presented to the client. Then the client choose from 3, which one that pass their examination. If rejected, then we presenting the modules that we feel reject. If surprisingly accepted, we finish the job. If not, back to drawing board and do brainstorm, back to square one.
6.b.2. DS have 1 or 2 months to complete his target build. But he can't make just 1 modules/scenario+dialog and finish the progression. He must have make several modules(Scenario+Picture) as options, to get the best quality of the games. I don't think anyone in this world able to create just 1 modules and get positive result. With a lot of quest/opportunity task in Big Brother, DS have to make several modules to each path. Then he decide which one to applied to each scenario/quest. This could already eat a 2~4 weeks of timeline. After that, he have to translate the English language, finish with upload the game in hope for positive review and clear from bugs.
6.b.3. Why a good developer has to make a lot of modules ? To control their QA pass check. That's what make it difference between popular games and fringe games. Also QA progress can eat timeline too, depend on how many tester they got.

You can find this inside the game help icon
View attachment 33056
He didn't continue his service on gamedev company, mean he seriously working with this game. And if he really once work on big gamedev company, he have professional standard and system of work, which cannot be rushed to pursue the perfection.

I don't want to be DS's white knight, but having experience the tough/brutal world of animation and now making erotica novel and hope someday can turn it to game, also in learning how to scripting/coding of game engine ... 1 month is already quite surprising to deliver new build/version, which also not below the standard quality.
3. yeah, and a chunk of his patreons are coming from this site. And NO, i won´t become one just to criticise a game we all pirate on f95. Besides, when the dev is on this forum, there is no need to become a patreon, to let him know what ppl think.

6a. The thing with the developement of BB is, he opened up a handful of branches and opportunities, way before the VN become so popular and earned him more than 20K a month. If you open up those branches/opportunities you have to close them sooner or later. But instead he opens up more and more(Vicky?) depending on polls, bc he doesn´t know what to do with his own game and how to progress steadily and consistently. Totally lost sight of the thigns he put in this VN and messes it up in every update. If he had a solid base of maincharas and a solid plot todevelop along, he wouldn´t need to close unfinished branches, which doesn´t progress the game (Kira in bath/Lisa joining in the mornings/Alice in front of TV/Lisa in the evening etcetc.)
You can´t develop anythign in books, movies or games like it´s a fucking tree and just hope that unfinished branches/paths are to be forgotten by the audience. As a writer, you can´t throw in multiple characters with multiple plotlines without having them an effect on the main characters and the plot. If someone does that, it´s a sign that he doesn´t know what to do. Even in creative works, there are rules to follow.

6b. i don´t know what you mean by "modules"

That DS had worked in the game industry doesn´t say much. He could have been the copyguy or worked in marketing.
But his visuals are good, so i suspect that he had something to do with graphic design or anything else close to it.

Gok

Jun 9, 2017
5 years as 3D animator, but my specialty & assignment are on Environment and Special Effect. I rarely touch model creation and animating it, also rendering. So if I had to make my own 3D movie, I can do it all, but it will have deficiency in model making and animating it, plus rendering. Yes there's are some example of people who can do and best on all but it's a rare case. Your company prefer people who can do 1 or 2 job and be good with it. That's why company (of all kind) have many department.

What IF ... DS once a story writer. Definitely he will have deficiency on scripting and modeling.
That's the thing, you'd make a game/movie where your forte is presented the most.
If you were an character animator, your game would have animations.
If you were environment animator, your game would have a ton of stunning background.
If you were a story writer you'd have an awsome story almost no logic holes and plot twists.
If you were a coder, your game would have some kind of puzzles or fun mechanics, or whatever.

Name one part of DS creation that would look that it was made by someone who has worked in game creation for 10years.

I follow Jessicaanner that does adult animations on a side from her main job. If she suddenly decided to make a game like DS did, my mind be blow away. Even if she made only jpgs for each scene. She'd do a lot more than DS since making poses and making animations are two different leagues. you can check her work here

Reactions: TheDecentOne

Kalf

Donor
May 4, 2017
So whats the general opinion about this version? better than 0.0?, worse than 0.0? ?

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
6b. i don´t know what you mean by "modules"
I don't know the term in English. But let me give example.
In Movie scene, creator make 3 possible approach.
Module A : Full scenario (pic & dialog) with Ann approach Max with sensual.
Module B : Full scenario with Ann approach Max with aggressive.
Module C : Full scenario with Ann approach Max with shyness.
Then he pick Module A for the better result, mixed with Module C.

It's just 1 events he had to create many approach to have options. Then he have to create another event with the same process.

DarkStarBD

Apr 26, 2017
I wonder if Alice will push Lisa to be part of the future movies, while that would be nice she would have to do a lot of convincing with Ann maybe it will be possible with a little help from Kira and Max. I hope that in the next version which will focus on Max/Alice/Lisa goes in this direction.

Good to see I'm not the only one missing new content with Kira.
well, we almost got something that one time in the pool....just almost.... :[

Reactions: KaiserST

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
DS has the story
Are you so sure? I respect your love for the game and glad you enjoy it so much.
But you know, you made more interpretations or theory/themes ideas as anyone else here, and even more than DS himself/herself.
With all the respect due to you, i feel that you invented more an "imaginary" world than really found a story.
If you do a sum up of the story here, it will be pretty thin, as you described it then it may become more consistent..

No offence here, it's great when fans take possession of the art. Some covers song are genius even if the original is below average.

Reactions: Corambis

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Are you so sure? I respect your love for the game and glad you enjoy it so much.
But you know, you made more interpretations or theory/themes ideas as anyone else here, and even more than DS himself/herself.
With all the respect due to you, i feel that you invented more an "imaginary" world than really found a story.
If you do a sum up of the story here, it will be pretty thin, as you described it then it may become more consistent..

No offence here, it's great when fans take possession of the art. Some covers song are genius even if the original is below average.
Each player will see what they want to see and play it how they see it and yes I see a story that over 90% of players do not see.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
10 years with full package of professional team making games are not the same as solo making games. In a company, you get assignment to your specialty. In solo career, you have to do it all, or contact help from others, who's not guarantee had the same level of experience as on his old company.
Ringo starr was the drummer of one of the top 3 band in history of music.
As a solo artist or even as a drummer was he good ? i don't think so....he was just ok.
So i do agree, you can be in a top team for years, doesn't mean you can be a top leader.

Reactions: Asphyx
3.40 star(s) 107 Votes