Gardan

May 3, 2019
Well I am a long long time patron of Man in the House and it needed a walkthrough till a few versions before the end when Faerin introduced the tracker with the girls. Implementing things like that do take time unfortunately when not implemented from start. Dev is a one man team now and also wants to release content. Whether that is the right or wrong decision who knows and maybe it would be wiser to make it his priority for next upgrade, but that is up to him to decide.

We know he reads the remarks here and will think on it and then decide what he wants to do. :)
About us
We are two perverted men - they are two devs

Faerin is a legend and Man of the House was definitely one of the best games ever !!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
About us
We are two perverted men - they are two devs

Faerin is a legend and Man of the House was definitely one of the best games ever !!
One dev has not been able to work on the game for quite a while if remember correctly. Your opinion on the other game is yours, but fact I support him and have for quite a long time now might mean I do not disagree. :p

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
How do you do it? :unsure:
You always manage to get a good laugh out of me :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)
Welllllll, mgomez0077 ........ I don't know how I do it. Maybe Jessy and Becky gave me confidence enough to get a good laugh out of you? :unsure: Those incorruptible girls! :devilish:

Now, maybe if Becky have some pubes to familiarly rub with the MC's pubes (shh, I know he doesn't have any but don't spoil my imagination!), I'll be even more confident. :devilish: Wait what? :oops:

----
"Dr." Robert Monotoli
Director, Family "Counseling" Division
Hairy Potty Memorial Foundation*
"Our Family 'Counseling' Division specializes in bringing the families closer together through intimate activities. A public butt sex on the beach is mandatory in our 'counseling' sessions."

* No relation to Harry Potter. Please be by not asking us for any adult visual novels about how Harry Potter "accidentally" popped the Hermione's cherry and that they were then horrified (but then oddly happy) to find out they are in fact related. We are tired of those requests so if you are too stupid enough not to read this and still ask us anyway, then screw you, dipshit. Oh, I'm sorry, I spoiled the plot for you. Oops. Well, screw you anyway, dipshit.

• Haha
Reactions: Porcus Dev

lSwRl

Jul 17, 2019
Apart from the scenes with jessy and sandra I can't trigger anything else.
Can someone please tell me what I have to do to trigger the other scenes. The hint system doesn't seem to be working either :(.

light03

Feb 26, 2018
Ok, I'll have to check it, but it's possible that, those who didn't see Jessy trying to convince the MC in the bathroom and in the kitchen in v0.2.3, can't see her now, because after the continuation with Gina in the next morning a variable is activated that avoids it.

Anyway, it might as well work...
Jessy's visit in the bathroom should work out fine.
As for the kitchen, try making breakfast on Saturday or Sunday, maybe it'll work.
Unfortunately, I can confirm this. Cooking breakfast on weekdays leads to "uuumm", at saturday its "I miss talking with Gina", at Sunday its old "good/bad girl" scene with Jessy. I have to say that the old save (right after Gina sex scene event) seems broken.

Feb 8, 2018
Any chance of a compressed Mac version? I downloaded the regular Mac version but it won't start for me; I figure the large file got corrupted when I tried unzipping it.

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
Nice Romantic last Scene i love it :love: Gina+MC (y) Good Game (y) Nice Sex scenes (y)
IT had some errors .shop named i ignored 4 times anyway Storry is good (y)
On last rainy scene Mc's name turned to Tony ... i had diferent name:)
Hope Game Ends With Marriage ..Gina + MC (Tony) + Pregnancy Tag :cool:(y)

Reactions: Porcus Dev and Arbe

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Well I am a long long time patron of Man in the House and it needed a walkthrough till a few versions before the end when Faerin introduced the tracker with the girls. Implementing things like that do take time unfortunately when not implemented from start. Dev is a one man team now and also wants to release content. Whether that is the right or wrong decision who knows and maybe it would be wiser to make it his priority for next upgrade, but that is up to him to decide.

We know he reads the remarks here and will think on it and then decide what he wants to do. :)

MitH is a great example exactly because of the circumstances, to do this as soon as you can. When it didn't had it, the overall quality suffered, when it was implemented, it improved, and the same applies here. Right now the lack of a somewhat proper guide is a huge pain in the ass, as you can see from all these comments in the thread. Not having a proper guide out of the game (I followed the ones up here to the letter and there were still things left out), not having one in-game (the current hint system in the game is also buggy), and this is the result. Providing a save game that allows you to start where you supposed to left off is a good thing, but also takes away the sense of self-achievement. Sure it's the devs decision, but making your player base frustrated on the long run is never a good idea, especially when a game is grindy as this one.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Unfortunately, I can confirm this. Cooking breakfast on weekdays leads to "uuumm", at saturday its "I miss talking with Gina", at Sunday its old "good/bad girl" scene with Jessy. I have to say that the old save (right after Gina sex scene event) seems broken.
Thanks for confirming, I'll fix it in v0.2.4b

MitH is a great example exactly because of the circumstances, to do this as soon as you can. When it didn't had it, the overall quality suffered, when it was implemented, it improved, and the same applies here. Right now the lack of a somewhat proper guide is a huge pain in the ass, as you can see from all these comments in the thread. Not having a proper guide out of the game (I followed the ones up here to the letter and there were still things left out), not having one in-game (the current hint system in the game is also buggy), and this is the result. Providing a save game that allows you to start where you supposed to left off is a good thing, but also takes away the sense of self-achievement. Sure it's the devs decision, but making your player base frustrated on the long run is never a good idea, especially when a game is grindy as this one.
Indeed. But I started making some quite detailed guides, with images and multiple explanations... the problem, I don't have much time and I prefer to dedicate it to other things in the game; so I realized that the best thing would be to have some help system integrated in the game (sometimes until there is no need you don't see the problem, lol)... and this precisely made the programming extremely complicated in the version in which it was added, and prevented me from planning it well enough to integrate it for Gina and Jessy, and yes, that's a big problem.

In v0.3 it's planned to correct this and the excessive repetitions... it is true that having to go creating new content (the players want new things) has prevented from fixing those things, which are important, earlier; that's why I set v0.3 to do that, it's really necessary. Oh, by the way, don't think that I'll go up to v0.3 like I did until now, after the current version, there will be a v0.2.5 and then v0.3 will come :)

Meanwhile, I always try to give guidelines to trigger the new scenes, and you can always ask and I'm happy to help... just have a little patience, don't wait to play 3 months of the game days and get angry, ask around and I or others will help you.

Is it really so hard to wait for 24/48h until all bugs are dealt with? :(
They're merciless... but I earned it... too much teasing :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p

• Haha
Reactions: DA22 and Aristos

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
DEV makes game less grinding with new update? Anyting changed? For to be honest i was liked this game before but i deleted because of too much grind needed.

gaucho07

Jul 4, 2018
I cannot continue the story in v2.4 with my saved 2.3b, it has been more than a month and there is nothing new.
Someone else happens?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
DEV makes game less grinding with new update? Anyting changed? For to be honest i was liked this game before but i deleted because of too much grind needed.

In v0.3 it's planned to correct this and the excessive repetitions... it is true that having to go creating new content (the players want new things) has prevented from fixing those things, which are important, earlier; that's why I set v0.3 to do that, it's really necessary. Oh, by the way, don't think that I'll go up to v0.3 like I did until now, after the current version, there will be a v0.2.5 and then v0.3 will come :)
For God's sake... I just said it right above, some of you have very little patience, lol... I know you think as players and in the perfect game you would like to play, but do the exercise of putting in the skin of the one who created it, and who does everything, 3D, text, programming, image and video editing, audios, etc, etc... I also enjoyed like you playing games more than 2 years ago, until I decided to create my own, and I could see the great difficulty that represents the whole process.

I'm always open to constructive criticism, I recognize that it can be improved in several aspects, among the most commented ones: elimination of unnecessary repetitions, incorporation of the mission system for all the characters, that it's not necessary to fulfill some requirements with other characters to trigger some specific sequence, the possibility to choose certain actions that now are mandatory... ok, received, just give me the possibility to do it in v0.3, have a little more patience and then judge again.

Oh, BTW, I read some comments earlier that referred to the fact that there are two people creating this game... well, let me tell you that even though we are 2 (3 including the translator), I've always been in charge of 90% of all the work, and another 5% was the translator... and I'll tell you more, since November 2019 the friend I started the project with is no longer in it, it's just me.
He didn't have enough time and wasn't as passionate about this project as I was, but no problem, we're still good friends and drinking beers together, lol
So, now you know, I'm "Solo ante el peligro" :whistle:

May 25, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'becky_jessy_1'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 834, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 1026, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 973, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 938, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 1223, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 903, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 1428, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 205, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 242, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 250, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 258, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 266, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 274, in script call
  File "scripts/meg_np.rpyc", line 230, in script
  File "E:\Patreon\Porcus\BigCitysPleasures-0.2.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1573, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "E:\Patreon\Porcus\BigCitysPleasures-0.2.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 871, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'becky_jessy_1'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Big City's Pleasures 0.2.4
Sat Apr 18 00:46:32 2020

SolidusEvol

Mar 7, 2018
loved the game so far but after the big scene is gina still gonna be mad at me already say her mom and stuff still haven't did that webcam stuff with jessy cuz idk how to trigger it am i stuck or something with trying to progress ?

May 25, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'T'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 834, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 973, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 938, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 1223, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 903, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 1428, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 205, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 242, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 250, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 258, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 266, in script call
  File "tl/english/scripts/becky_np.rpyc", line 181, in script
  File "E:\Patreon\Porcus\BigCitysPleasures-0.2.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Patreon\Porcus\BigCitysPleasures-0.2.4-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1176, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Patreon\Porcus\BigCitysPleasures-0.2.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1000, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "E:\Patreon\Porcus\BigCitysPleasures-0.2.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 982, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "E:\Patreon\Porcus\BigCitysPleasures-0.2.4-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'T'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Big City's Pleasures 0.2.4
Sat Apr 18 00:54:59 2020

3.10 star(s) 93 Votes