cross1001

Dec 12, 2019
I downloaded the game yesterday and I'm getting this error in Mac right after Meg and Becky conversation about going to the big city.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'becky_jessy_1'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 973, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 938, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 1428, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 205, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 250, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 258, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 266, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 274, in script call
  File "scripts/meg_np.rpyc", line 230, in script
  File "/private/var/folders/d0/n0w4z2tj6473r8bgx7qf19nr0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/468EB730-C629-412E-B7AE-D8B79BC0DE7B/d/BigCitysPleasures.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1573, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "/private/var/folders/d0/n0w4z2tj6473r8bgx7qf19nr0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/468EB730-C629-412E-B7AE-D8B79BC0DE7B/d/BigCitysPleasures.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 871, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Darwin-19.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Big City's Pleasures 0.2.4
Sat Apr 18 13:47:23 2020

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
mgomez0077 If you're refering to Jessy scene in 0.2.1, i did play taht, however i'm using a save that you provided that should have 0.2.3 finished and it's a continuation of 0.2.2, but no camshow scenes for me, nor i can talk to Jessy about it. I finished rest of new content (Coper, handjob in shop, Jessy talking to Becky on cam).
Then, it must be that, even if you completed all the content, you missed seeing Jessy in the kitchen (in v0.2.3c), and this is what fails in v0.2.4.

You can wait for the new v0.2.4b, or... play v0.2.3c, see Jessy in the kitchen (and in the bathroom), save, and load that file in the new version... although, since apart from this bug there are some others, my recommendation is to wait for v0.2.4b

I downloaded the game yesterday and I'm getting this error in Mac right after Meg and Becky conversation about going to the big city.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 973, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 938, in script call
  File "scripts/shop.rpyc", line 1428, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 205, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 250, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 258, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 266, in script call
  File "scripts/shop_others/spiderbotshop.rpyc", line 274, in script call
  File "scripts/meg_np.rpyc", line 230, in script
  File "/private/var/folders/d0/n0w4z2tj6473r8bgx7qf19nr0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/468EB730-C629-412E-B7AE-D8B79BC0DE7B/d/BigCitysPleasures.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1573, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "/private/var/folders/d0/n0w4z2tj6473r8bgx7qf19nr0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/468EB730-C629-412E-B7AE-D8B79BC0DE7B/d/BigCitysPleasures.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 871, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Darwin-19.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Big City's Pleasures 0.2.4
Sat Apr 18 13:47:23 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway that will be fixed in the new v0.2.4b

kalvagore

Aug 24, 2019
game needs a guide i have no idea if there is more content with gina or no and im stuck in this endless loop of her not talking MC spent hrs going through the same thing over and over and more hrs trying to find a single answer is ginas final content for 2.4 just to make you feel like crap because she wont talk to you

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
game needs a guide i have no idea if there is more content with gina or no and im stuck in this endless loop of her not talking MC spent hrs going through the same thing over and over and more hrs trying to find a single answer is ginas final content for 2.4 just to make you feel like crap because she wont talk to you
Dude like I get that the game is bugy but this question is answered on like every page from the release and no that is not the final content.

• Haha
Reactions: Porcus Dev

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Check the developer's notes in OP: https://f95zone.to/threads/big-citys-pleasures-v0-2-4-porcus.16290/

You need to have seen the scenes of Sandra and Jessy, the first session of Jessy and Tony in front of the webcam, and the scenes with Ms Cooper, before you can trigger the last scene with Gina.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Of course I don't mind you asking.

I'm working on that solution (it's already done but we need to check it with several save files), showing a message to the player (as long as he has played the "great scene" with Gina) telling him to continue from there, keeping his current progress, and that he should choose if: a) to see the whole scene with Gina (to remember what happened at the end of v0.2.2), or b) to start with the new part.

As to why I didn't plan it that way... well, they were complicated days with a lot of pressure... several delays in the release of the new version, I couldn't wait any longer to publish it... and although I tried to check that it worked well, and adjust many parts so that everything would flow... I made mistakes, and at that moment I didn't think about this way of doing it.
I understand you feel pressured and want to release the game. Writing great code takes times, it's really hard if you feel pressured.

But I have the feeling that you're still struggling a little with how to detect if someone has seen the "great scene" at the end of 0.2.2?
I took a look into the code of 0.2.2, 0.2.3 and 0.2.4. I came up with this check (this wil give you a 100% guarantee that someone has seen and finished "mp1"):
Python:
if renpy.seen_label('mp1') and not gina_mp1:
    # Your choice screen here
If it was me. I would trigger this code .

Again, not trying to tell you how to do your thing. I love the game and hate to see it "struggling" like this

Reactions: Porcus Dev and DA22

kalvagore

Aug 24, 2019
Check the developer's notes in OP: https://f95zone.to/threads/big-citys-pleasures-v0-2-4-porcus.16290/

You need to have seen the scenes of Sandra and Jessy, the first session of Jessy and Tony in front of the webcam, and the scenes with Ms Cooper, before you can trigger the last scene with Gina.
thx but i followed that guide another guide and everything i could find on these forums i know the scenes im missing but i cant get them to trigger completed everything but the jessy and sandra because i cant seem to get that scene to trigger i slept with jesse she told me bout the camshow but thats it stats are achieved even exceeded just cant get it to trigger for some reason

kalvagore

Aug 24, 2019
Did you get the shower scene with Jessy in the morning?
i saw her in the tub in the morning and ive been visiting the bathroom and her room over and over for several ingame weeks i only get tub in the bathroom and her getting dressed in her room in the morn

Devil'sHunter

Mar 30, 2020
For 4.02 gb, content is way less. Story is so so. Animation and gameplay pogression needs work. And there is no development of the beta mc to a non beta mc, if not alpha. And its a game to grind grind grind and get what, please wait for future version. I will download again only after v.9. still great effort, fine the edges and we will have something great. and get a walkthrough there to save time, if possible.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I understand you feel pressured and want to release the game. Writing great code takes times, it's really hard if you feel pressured.

But I have the feeling that you're still struggling a little with how to detect if someone has seen the "great scene" at the end of 0.2.2?
I took a look into the code of 0.2.2, 0.2.3 and 0.2.4. I came up with this check (this wil give you a 100% guarantee that someone has seen and finished "mp1"):
Python:
if renpy.seen_label('mp1') and not gina_mp1:
    # Your choice screen here
If it was me. I would trigger this code .

Again, not trying to tell you how to do your thing. I love the game and hate to see it "struggling" like this
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the game code :)
Indeed, programming is what gives me the most headaches, lol o_O
When I have overcome the hard work of creating the scenes, animations, and creating the dialogue, then comes the programming :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I know that command, he uses it for several things.
But to solve the problem, I used this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thx but i followed that guide another guide and everything i could find on these forums i know the scenes im missing but i cant get them to trigger completed everything but the jessy and sandra because i cant seem to get that scene to trigger i slept with jesse she told me bout the camshow but thats it stats are achieved even exceeded just cant get it to trigger for some reason
To see the scene of Sandra and Jessy, first you have to accept Jessy's offer by visiting her on Friday night; but you can't accept if you haven't seen her in the bathroom and in the kitchen giving you her good reasons to convince you, lol

But in the current version there's a problem that prevents you from seeing it in the kitchen...

...I've already fixed the problem for the next version, so you'll have to wait for v0.2.4b

kalvagore

Aug 24, 2019
When you wake up don´t prepare breakfast or visit Jessy but choose take a shower she should join you, then you should be able to trigger the scene on friday evening
ty i dont know if its like a luck grind but she finnaly just poked her head in ,sry for frustrated tone i love the game just i cant stop at bad endings been up oh crap ....two days /day and a half lol just been stream lining the adavnce time for the mornings

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
For 4.02 gb, content is way less. Story is so so. Animation and gameplay pogression needs work. And there is no development of the beta mc to a non beta mc, if not alpha. And its a game to grind grind grind and get what, please wait for future version. I will download again only after v.9. still great effort, fine the edges and we will have something great. and get a walkthrough there to save time, if possible.
More than 3800 images and 177 animations :p

As for the rest of your comment, you are absolutely right... I recommend you to play again when I launch v0.3, where there will be a great revision of the game mechanism.

nothing new in this version
Sure?
With 579 new images and 32 new animations... something new must be :unsure::p

rory68

Jul 5, 2017
One of the best games here!!!!!I'm having the "jessy" camshow problem but I appreciate a lot that the dev is here trying to help by answering all the questions!!Keep going mgomez0077 you are making a great game!!

• Love
Reactions: Porcus Dev

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
Did you get a chance to replay the scenes from Sandra & Jessy and the webcam? That's not good, I'll have to check that too.

In v0.2.3 a lot of content was created for Katia, she will have to wait a bit to continue her evolution; and this new version was focused on the "continuation with Gina".

What do you mean by buying? I guess you could already buy the dresses at the store... if not, you have to talk to Jessy on Friday night.

Of course I don't mind you asking.

I'm working on that solution (it's already done but we need to check it with several save files), showing a message to the player (as long as he has played the "great scene" with Gina) telling him to continue from there, keeping his current progress, and that he should choose if: a) to see the whole scene with Gina (to remember what happened at the end of v0.2.2), or b) to start with the new part.

As to why I didn't plan it that way... well, they were complicated days with a lot of pressure... several delays in the release of the new version, I couldn't wait any longer to publish it... and although I tried to check that it worked well, and adjust many parts so that everything would flow... I made mistakes, and at that moment I didn't think about this way of doing it.

First you have to finish the experiments at Ms Cooper's house to unlock the "big scene" with Gina (the one created in v0.2.2); without that it is impossible to see the end of this v0.2.4.
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-citys-pleasures-v0-2-4-porcus.16290/page-108#post-2422185

Anyway, I recommend you to wait for v0.2.4b

There is a bug in v0.2.4 that prevents you from seeing Jessy in the kitchen, wait for v0.2.4b to be launched.

You should be able to see the bathroom scene without any problems... Did Jessy take you to her room after the romantic movie?
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-citys-pleasures-v0-2-4-porcus.16290/page-108#post-2422185

Not in this version, I'm sorry.

I understand what you're saying, but I think the MC is evolving in this latest version and is no longer so "innocent"... maybe Ms Cooper will be surprised :devilish::devilish::devilish:;)

There's a bug in v0.2.4 that prevents you from seeing Jessy trying to convince you in the kitchen, without that you won't be able to accept her offer when visiting her in the room, wait for v0.2.4b

Anyway, I understand that you already went through the "great" scene with Jessy:

Thank you!

It means a lot to me to know that because that's what I was looking for when I created the content with Gina... you're not the only one who has commented on it and I'm glad
I admit that while I was creating the scenes, when I was thinking about the dialogue, or when I was checking the final assembly, my eyes also got wet :cry::p:LOL:

To unlock the last scene with Gina you must first see the scenes with Sandra & Jessy, or the first session of Jessy & MC in front of the webcam...there is a bug that can prevent you from seeing the webcam scene, so I recommend you to wait for v0.2.4b

There are some problems in the current version, I recommend you to wait for v0.2.4b

Anyway, make sure you've seen the "great" scenes from Gina and Jessy; and that you've completed all the missions of the other characters (except for Olivia, which can't be completed).
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-citys-pleasures-v0-2-4-porcus.16290/#post-2794566
yeah ive did 6 times getting a bj from jessy and 7 times a hj from sandra with jessy kissing the mcs neck after the last time meeting sandra or webcam with jessy i did go back out on monday morning and went to the bathroom and gina was using the toilet but nothing since

twisti46

Sep 25, 2017
So I read through the thread...Seen one person with the same problem...I've done like 4 times the jessy sandra scene, the webcam scene, i've finished ms cooper's content but still cannot trigger the big Gina scene. What am i missing for real?

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
So I do absolutely love this game. The scenarios are great and the women are fucking perfect.

Had another question though: Is there a way to skip the Femdom content yet? The CBT with Miss Cooper is a real fucking turn off for me and even clicking NO when she asks to continue results in her blackmailing you to continue. So far i'm looking and there is no way to skip the scene as its required for the story.

A little bit of choice would go a long way for people being able to avoid kinks they are not into.

Reactions: Luther Arkwright
3.10 star(s) 93 Votes