EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Well, got around to play this version.

Pros: - WT/Guide for all the girls (it was a much needed addition)
- Charlene scenes
- Some of the Olivia changes, it's more sensible

Cons: - End of version screen comes and it takes me out of the main menu while a bunch of quests are still unresolved, either be a sandbox, or a vn, the two won't work with each other. If you want an end of version and main menu screen, then make the final scene to have a perequsite of unlocking the rest of the scenes in the game.
- Some of the new scenes were nothing but retroactive additions that felt to serve the "stall" more, especially Gina and Jessy. These would be good before the Crazy night update, not after
- Some quests are still bugged. Guide says visit Katia at home, the first hint after her injury, while I completed 3 others after that, and it won't progress. Cassie's big surprise was still in grey, she never even showed up on the map after the message about it.
- Some of them scenes are still coming in quite randomly.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Can anyone please tell me what the difference is between the normal version and the uncensored version for this game? Does the uncensored version include the incest patch? Is that why it's uncensored? Or do they actually censor the genitalia and sex scenes in the normal version? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Can anyone please tell me what the difference is between the normal version and the uncensored version for this game? Does the uncensored version include the incest patch? Is that why it's uncensored? Or do they actually censor the genitalia and sex scenes in the normal version? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks.
Yeah, it's the incest patch, no images are affected.

pimpcee

Feb 26, 2020
Can anyone please share his 0.2.4 save? Even if I tabbed through the game it would still take a lot of time since it's a sandbox

By the way, if I understand correctly, the saves were supposed to be fixed in 0.3.1, meanwhile I can't load any of them. Or were there just bug fixes and not saves?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I've not used any cheats, but affection is 105 and when I try the cheat to decrease it the game crashes when i click on "CHEATS". So I'm stuck.
Could you maybe send your save?
And also, could you send the error you get when opening the cheat or post it in the cheat's thread.

Can anyone please share his 0.2.4 save? Even if I tabbed through the game it would still take a lot of time since it's a sandbox

By the way, if I understand correctly, the saves were supposed to be fixed in 0.3.1, meanwhile I can't load any of them. Or were there just bug fixes and not saves?
Saves from before 0.3 won't work.

Kellan

Aug 5, 2016
Is there a way to disable the text background colour thingy popping up everytime I mouse over the text window? Its just annoying.

Reactions: Dripping

Grebbesh

Dec 5, 2018
So old saves don't work now? I remember this game being a terrible grind, really don't feel like going through it again.
Some grind has been taken out or can be skipped now, but not all of it. At least the game gives you a warning now if a particular scene is a repeatable 'dead end' that doesn't raise any stats anymore, but some of the other longer grind scenes - running with Katia, cleaning the bar at night (I get that it's a 'mini-game' to make money and you actually get more money now per session, but it's still tedious), watching movies on the couch (which has different endings to some extent now but still requires you to sit through the same extended scene beforehand over and over again) - would still benefit greatly from a standard Ren'Py skip or shortcut button. Just skip automatically through the well-known parts to the new parts would be a major way to deal with some of the grind.

Another thing that doesn't really work from a design perspective is the fact that clicking the text field puts the field itself in 'edit mode'. I can't begin to count the number of times I accidently clicked that part of the screen while I was trying to make progress in the game itself.

Keep in mind that I really do appreciate the effort the dev and his team are putting into improving the game. There are plenty of games on this site with such an insane amount of grind and confusing gameplay that has its devs being completely tone-deaf to any sort of feedback and just put out update after update without ever trying to fix the actual game mechanics and experience. And I definitely do think BCP has been improved as a game with this latest version.

Last edited:

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
Big City's Pleasures [v0.3.1] [Porcus] (5.2 GB)
1.36 GB zip unofficial pc compressed (slightlyreduced image/video/audio quality):
- - -

Performed using:
UnRen v0.8 (Sam@f95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)
Thank thee oh lord(lady?) of compression!

• Haha
Reactions: OEJ

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Some grind has been taken out or can be skipped now, but not all of it. At least the game gives you a warning now if a particular scene is a repeatable 'dead end' that doesn't raise any stats anymore, but some of the other longer grind scenes - running with Katia, cleaning the bar at night (I get that it's a 'mini-game' to make money and you actually get more money now per session, but it's still tedious), watching movies on the couch (which has different endings to some extent now but still requires you to sit through the same extended scene beforehand over and over again) - would still benefit greatly from a standard Ren'Py skip or shortcut button. Just skip automatically through the well-known parts to the new parts would be a major way to deal with some of the grind.
Actually, there is a way built into Ren'py. At least if you're on PC, possibly something similar on Mac:
Hold down your ctrl key. Left one definitely works in Big City's Pleasures, not sure about right ctrl key though.
It's pretty fast, so be careful not to accidentally skip over new content, though it will automatically stop when you have a decision to make. Movie night only lasts 10 seconds this way.

Skipping days and hours to get to the content you want to "grind" quickly becomes the most tedious part once you solved the repeatables with the ctrl button.

TedMaul

Mar 18, 2020
This would be an amazing game. The renders and animations are top notch (y) Just the endless repetition is really a turn off for me.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
here are again new error report..just add more in that fix files?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for notifying us.

The programmer has already created a possible fix :)

This would be an amazing game. The renders and animations are top notch (y) Just the endless repetition is really a turn off for me.
Thanks!

In this version, besides adding content and other things, we have focused on improving the aesthetics and above all, on having a better quest system, and adding Gina and Jessy there :love:
Some reps have been reduced or eliminated, but there's still a lot of work to be done in this regard. We will work on it for the next version ;)

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
Capturar.PNG

Guys, I missed the first Katia encounter and now it doesnt progress with her anymore. Someone knows what variable is needed to progress?

3.10 star(s) 93 Votes