Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
No, the game have not had an updated version for over a year now. The dev seems to like releasing individual scenes to patrons as they are completed - some of them seem to be quite substantial. However, while we have been waiting for a release, all of their patrons are slowly leaving - let's hop that the game is not abandoned because of lack of support. :(
The developers stated very clearly from the beginning they have a stable job. IMHO they've never lied about this game being something they're doing for fun and we know what that means, people getting tired of waiting, they keep losing patrons and eventually the project will be cancelled once the devs see that there's no point on spending more time on it. Let's face it, that's bound to happen.

Regards

Reactions: hawk784563

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
I've noticed that the latest scenes (added in 0.4) don't correctly use the MC name (if you changed it). The MC keeps getting referred to as Tony.

Jun 13, 2021
The developers stated very clearly from the beginning they have a stable job. IMHO they've never lied about this game being something they're doing for fun and we know what that means, people getting tired of waiting, they keep losing patrons and eventually the project will be cancelled once the devs see that there's no point on spending more time on it. Let's face it, that's bound to happen.

Regards
Check Patreon post 6 day ago there be update on in August

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
How do you raise Katia's sexuality? I need to get it to 50 and I'm at 30.

At her apartment I tried both the recovery and other exercises (and made sure to select all options), and I don't get any stat increases at all (repeated this for a couple of weeks and still nothing). Am I supposed to give her a gift or something?

Rock&Rule

Mar 15, 2019
How do you raise Katia's sexuality? I need to get it to 50 and I'm at 30.

At her apartment I tried both the recovery and other exercises (and made sure to select all options), and I don't get any stat increases at all (repeated this for a couple of weeks and still nothing). Am I supposed to give her a gift or something?
It's been a while but if I remember correctly there was a sports magazine you had to get for her.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
It's been a while but if I remember correctly there was a sports magazine you had to get for her.
I'm past the point where I had to get her the magazine. Apparently, I had to keep doing all the exercises for several weeks and then it automatically advances to a new scene.

Reactions: Rock&Rule

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I'm past the point where I had to get her the magazine. Apparently, I had to keep doing all the exercises for several weeks and then it automatically advances to a new scene.
Just FYI. Katia's path will be optimized in the next release.

there is a problem whit the Mac version, I mean there is not app. Can't launch the game :(
This might help:
The issue is the same for the MEGA Mac download link on f95, and the one on Patreon. Both of them download a badly named .rar file, either "BigCitysPleasures-0.4-mac .rar" or "Big_Citys_Pleasures-v0.4-mac .rar" (notice the space at the end of the filenames... I think that might be part of the problem, and why uncompressing them results in a folder instead of an app file.

Here's how to fix the broken Mac version issue:

-Download and uncompress the .rar file, and you'll get a folder.

-Then, rename that folder so that it has ".app" at the end of it (i.e. change "Big_Citys_Pleasures-v0.4-mac" to "Big_Citys_Pleasures-v0.4-mac.app".

-You'll get a pop-up asking if you're sure you want to change the extension from ".4-mac" to ".app" , so click the "Use .app" button and you'll see the folder icon change to the usual RenPy app icon.

-However, if you try to open it, you'll get an error that says "The application 'Big_Citys_Pleasures-0.4-mac' can’t be opened."

-The way to fix that is to use Terminal to make the file executable. You do this with the "chmod -x" command.

-Right-click the app file and select "Get info". At the top of that popup window, you'll see "General" and below that, "Where". Next to "Where", you'll see the filepath for the folder your app is located in.

-Use your mouse to highlight that text, and then Copy it. Open Spotlight using CMD-Spacebar, start typing Terminal in the searchbar, and hit enter when the Terminal app is located.

When you're in Terminal, simply type"cd", add a space after it with your spacebar, then use CMD-V to paste the filename text you copied from Get Info, and hit enter.

Then just type "chmod -x YOURGAME'SFILENAME.app" (i.e. "chmod -x Big_Citys_Pleasures-v0.4-mac.app") without quotes and hit enter, and your game will now load!

Reactions: DA22

tonydurrant

Sep 17, 2019
Two updates from the Dev team today - the first simply showcasing Megan's Kitchen. It is quite amazing what can be done by putting in some effort, rather than just going for vanilla assets.

Unlocked
New scenario: "Megan's Kitchen"

Hi people,
I proudly introduce... "Megan's Kitchen !!

This is not a standard scene that you load once and everything's ready to be used. It is a fully customized one with a multitude of details. Just about everything you see: the plates, cups, bottles and everything weren't there.
All of the finer details were placed separately from the overall scene. I chose to do this because I really wanted to create something that I imagined Megan would use, and this is precisely what I envisioned it would look like.

Here's one more sample, with Megan, when I was doing light tests. In it you can see the empty kitchen and appreciate the changes that have been made and how it has been filled.

PS: I love that light... and Meg!

tonydurrant

Sep 17, 2019
The second update from the dev is one that I have been awaiting for a long time - it has a planned release date for the new version! The message also confirms that following this update, future versions will be at 3 month intervals - hopefully players will then be able to remember where the story has got to, and will also halt (and reverse?) the steady loss of patrons that the game has seen over the past year, ensuring that the dev can afford to continue development.

News update (August 22th 2022)

Hi people,
First of all, let me tell you that since August started, and therefore my vacation, I've been devoting a lot of time to the game. Together with Wanderan, whom I thank a lot for his dedication to the project, we have been working on a great scene with Megan, one of the longest (if not the longest) of the new version. It has turned out great and I hope you like it a lot, but as I said previously, unlike what has been done with other sequences, this one will not be published in anticipation as it has been done with others as it's of the main plot... but don't worry because it won't be long before the publication of the new version, a subject that I will touch on next...

During these 20 days, I've been able to create 180 images, 6 animations, and leave this long scene assembled and ready, it would be incredible to be able to keep such a pace all year long, don't you think? That's why your support is so important, whatever it is ;-)

As for the new version, here are some provisional numbers, as I'm sure they will increase ;-)
  • New images: More than 600 (expected to be more than 750).
  • New animations: More than 80! (Expected to end up being between 90-100)
  • New songs: 19 at the moment (more to come)

But it's not only about numbers, here we prioritize quality over quantity, although we also like the more the better :p
Some of you have already been able to enjoy some of the scenes that were released in advance and therefore you have already seen the quality of them.
It's not only about providing a good visual stimulus with suggestive and hot images, but also about making a great story that immerses the player and makes him/her enjoy the game even more!

Before announcing the approximate release date, I remind you that I made the decision to release updates every 3 months from this version onwards, as well as to establish a different workflow, leaving one sequence ready and finished before starting another one.
I also inform you that due to the large size of the game, it will be divided into chapters, and soon "Chapter 1" will be finished; don't worry, the save files will be used to continue with the new chapter.
It has no more importance than to avoid that the game ends up occupying a huge amount of GB. Currently it will exceed 9GB for sure, so I think it's necessary to do it this way, also thinking about the Android version, which occupies 2GB.

Even this can add something new and great for you, the community that supports the project, and that is that after each release there can be a poll with certain scenes/characters to choose for me to create them for the next version. In the poll there wouldn't be all the characters, because due to the interaction/evolution of them it should be done in a balanced way, but there would be several options and you would be the ones to choose, sounds cool, doesn't it? ;-)
Each Tier level would have a different voting power, to be announced after the release of this version.

And finally, the estimated release date of this version...
Valuing what has been done, what remains to be done, and hoping that there are no major impediments along the way, I estimate that it can be released by the end of September.
Again sorry for the delay, and I'm looking forward to start with the new system of "quick updates" every 3 months :-D

I say goodbye but not without thanking you all for your support, especially those of you who have remained faithful in these hard times for me and who have shown infinite patience. I hope you enjoy the new version a lot!!!!

Traktor23

Aug 18, 2019
It's been more than a year and no updates are seen, I hope the game is not "lost"(abandoned), because I really enjoyed playing it, surely one of my favourites. And also the game that made me fall in love with VN-Renpy games, since it was the first one I played with.

• Sad
Reactions: Aramir

Neon21312311

Jan 15, 2022
Anyone with a full save? Finished the game but I'm missing two scenes apparently. The one on page 2 and page 3 from top left to bottom right they'll be the 12th and 16th scene

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Anyone with a full save? Finished the game but I'm missing two scenes apparently. The one on page 2 and page 3 from top left to bottom right they'll be the 12th and 16th scene
If you just want to view the scenes, you could just use the cheatmod.

But I'm quite curious what scenes you're actually missing. Because the 12th scene (page 2 bottom rigfht) and 16th (page 3 bottom left) can't be skipped. I guess you're talking about different scenes?

3.10 star(s) 93 Votes