Solair

Mar 10, 2018
After closing the comment section on his site a while ago, Avenger reopened it again (today I think?) and posted a new comment:
ChatGPT Translation said:
I'm alive and back:) Expect update 0.26 for the BK with a new archive around August 5-6, just in time for the weekend. It might be released earlier, there will be a post about it, so don't miss it:)
Also, a few days ago, I started a page on Boosty, let's see how the service will work there. The link is at the top right for those who are interested. I'm opening up comments again, just don't fight with each other, okay :D If anything, blame me for everything, but it's better not to blame anyone :D
Regarding the BK update, it's about two gigs in size, but since it's a new archive and I've reworked the code, everyone will have to download everything again. The distribution will be done through a torrent for everyone, so there won't be any issues. Let's be patient:)
I wonder if we'll really see a new update next week.

Someone over there also asked about Son of a Bitch to which Avenger answered this:
Well yes, one by one, just like before. First, I'll release the BC, then I'll work on the SOB. Some technical things for the SOB were done a while ago, so I'll need to create the content for the update myself :)

Solair

Mar 10, 2018
Seems like there really will be a new update soon. Newest post (August 5th) from Avenger's blog (see first post of this thread):
I'm writing that everything is fine, finishing up, checking, and preparing. It will be released tomorrow evening. I remind you to delete the old BK client. The new one will weigh almost 14GB (13.7), as it includes all 26 updates together. By the way, the game's interface in the menus has been slightly updated, and there are a couple of new ones already available in the game section screenshots :)

manu1

Jun 4, 2017
I am working on MTL. Hard to estimate but I'm guessing some days to a week for something clean to be finished. It is progressing well so far.

Avenger wasn't lying though a lot has changed in the code so it isn't just a cut and paste job.
Hab das spiel (auf russisch :-( ) wie kann ich spiel freigeben für euch ohne was zu bezahlen und schnelle up/downs?

• Angry
Reactions: Musicfruit

NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
Can someone translate it to English please?
Are you aware what you're asking for? It's a mere 163.000 lines of code. Be thankful if somebody like nerram commits himself voluntarily and comes up with a MTL version in some weeks. Actually we should create a paypal collection for that person imho.

Last edited:

bradduk

Jun 24, 2018
I am working on MTL. Hard to estimate but I'm guessing some days to a week for something clean to be finished. It is progressing well so far.

Avenger wasn't lying though a lot has changed in the code so it isn't just a cut and paste job.
Can I ask how do you translate it? The QSP file is a binary one, Do you "decompile" it and later compile it again or it´s there a way to work with it as is?

iJude98

Feb 8, 2020

Legend!! :love:

nerram

Oct 25, 2017
Can I ask how do you translate it? The QSP file is a binary one, Do you "decompile" it and later compile it again or it´s there a way to work with it as is?
Editing it string by sting in qgen editor. I'm not fancy or smart enough to code some bespoke parser thing to handle it without breaking all the code

Update for those standing by: starting home and all the village and half the city are done. Still the rest of city, leninky, modules, ivents, and ui stuff to do. I expect that will all be done Friday or Saturday.

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
You export the qsp into a txt file, than you run the txt through a translation. The translated txt is to be changed back into a qsp file. The problem is, you have to change the russion variables and location into english ones before you run the translation. Otherwise you might or more likely will have errors, because during the translation a location or variable will be translated in differend ways. example: the russian word мира can be the female Name Mira, a declined form of peace or a declined form of world. So let's say you need it as a variable in the form [мира] = 1 you should change мира into [mira] = 1, so everytime [мира] is in the game it is changed the same way into [mira].

Reactions: ustar
3.40 star(s) 11 Votes