caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
hah i asked that myself too.

can someone explain me a bit about the story? the description doesn't tell me that much.
also is this game actually worth playing? how much does it differ compared to girl life?

Compared to Girl Life it seems much more grindy and it's infuriating that there are only 5 save slots, none of which you can name or label - even in the Engrish version they are labelled in russian and have no identifying game dates etc attached just, I imagine, Save1, Save 2 etc etc in cyrillic.

The Engrish bot translation is the worst part though. I know there's still plenty of it in Girl Life, but at least it's being worked on there now and the amount of arse-achingly painful bot translations which make no sense whatsoever is reducing. Here, too often for my liking, the choices offered can make very little sense in so far as the words that are used seemingly have very little to do with the engrish paragraph that they relate to so you basically end up guessing as to which option to choose. Just too throw you off the scent the dev also swaps the 'good' and 'bad' choices around so in a conversation the good gobblydegook engrish can be on top then on bottom, then in the middle of the menus. Another reason why only having 5 save slots is so painful.

All that said though I am enjoying it... :)

Reactions: Daxter250

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
all qsp games get their saves stored in folders inside Documents\Сохранения игр Quest Navigator

If you install the game in a new location on your harddrive or possible just rename the qsp file to something else, it will create a new save folder. So if you move location etc, and your save files appear to be gone, they are not. They just would be in the old save folder for the game. The folder name just a random string of numbers and letters. (example 7758e6bbf5ad5e3bc3142c467ece0f6a)

But with every new update, old saves usually turn useless and the grind start over again.
Good grief, I can't believe I hadn't looked there... many thanks :)

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Compared to Girl Life it seems much more grindy and it's infuriating that there are only 5 save slots, none of which you can name or label - even in the Engrish version they are labelled in russian and have no identifying game dates etc attached just, I imagine, Save1, Save 2 etc etc in cyrillic.

The Engrish bot translation is the worst part though. I know there's still plenty of it in Girl Life, but at least it's being worked on there now and the amount of arse-achingly painful bot translations which make no sense whatsoever is reducing. Here, too often for my liking, the choices offered can make very little sense in so far as the words that are used seemingly have very little to do with the engrish paragraph that they relate to so you basically end up guessing as to which option to choose. Just too throw you off the scent the dev also swaps the 'good' and 'bad' choices around so in a conversation the good gobblydegook engrish can be on top then on bottom, then in the middle of the menus. Another reason why only having 5 save slots is so painful.

All that said though I am enjoying it... :)
In a old blog post (or where ever I read it), Avenger said something about Big Kuyash was just to big to start do a proper translation of, or at least to much work from his side I guess. It was said that SOB would get proper English translation in updates forward and the old content translated over time, but idk how that turned out.

The team working on Girl Life is much bigger though, and if you interested you can help out if you so desire over at As for grindy, Girl Life sure got its fair share of that to trigger certain events and quest lines.. actually A LOT of it. Its just different grindy.

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
In a old blog post (or where ever I read it), Avenger said something about Big Kuyash was just to big to start do a proper translation of, or at least to much work from his side I guess. It was said that SOB would get proper English translation in updates forward and the old content translated over time, but idk how that turned out.

The team working on Girl Life is much bigger though, and if you interested you can help out if you so desire over at As for grindy, Girl Life sure got its fair share of that to trigger certain events and quest lines.. actually A LOT of it. Its just different grindy.
Yep. I have to agree with you entirely on the 'different' grind. I'm a fairly old hand at Girl Life, been flapping away at seeing how utterly corrupt one person can cope with being for a good long time now. As I said my main gnashing of teeth here is caused by the lack of freedom with the saves especially when faced with two choices for a potential trigger where the words used aren't in anyway helpful. :)

I'm certainly not knocking the developer, he's doing something that I am not capable of doing and programming the game, and for that I thank him.

IDoNotTweet

Feb 6, 2017
Hi guys,
I'm new to trying to run this game. I've got the v.15 split archives all downloaded and extracted, got the v.16 and v.17 patches the same - but can't seem to get the game running from there.

I've tried dumping patches 16 then 17 on top of the main directory, overwriting, then running Activator.exe, then Big Kuyash.exe. When I did that I got nothing at all after running Activator - no error, no prompt, nothing - and a Russian error message, three lines ending with a path to \assets\standalone_content , when running the other exe.

So I scratched that, re-extracted the core out of the archives and tried running the Activator before patching this time. Still nothing at all, and the same error from the Big Kuyash.exe.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Hi guys,
I'm new to trying to run this game. I've got the v.15 split archives all downloaded and extracted, got the v.16 and v.17 patches the same - but can't seem to get the game running from there.

I've tried dumping patches 16 then 17 on top of the main directory, overwriting, then running Activator.exe, then Big Kuyash.exe. When I did that I got nothing at all after running Activator - no error, no prompt, nothing - and a Russian error message, three lines ending with a path to \assets\standalone_content , when running the other exe.

So I scratched that, re-extracted the core out of the archives and tried running the Activator before patching this time. Still nothing at all, and the same error from the Big Kuyash.exe.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions?
Thanks!
The activator is for people who got the update from like Patreon, or who paid for it through paypal etc. You shouldn't have to bother with that one. You need to start the game with "Big Kuyash" application in the main folder. Make sure you got only 1 .qsp file in the assets/standalone_content/ folder.

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
The first thing I do after D/L'ing every new update is DELETE Activator.exe. I have never had a problem running the game.

As far as QSP save locations are concerned - someone (here) smarter than me suggested creating "dummy" folders to help identify what games belong to each QSP created folder. (I've attached an image of my Сохранения игр Quest Navigator folder as an example.)

Reactions: tjn67

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The first thing I do after D/L'ing every new update is DELETE Activator.exe. I have never had a problem running the game.

As far as QSP save locations are concerned - someone (here) smarter than me suggested creating "dummy" folders to help identify what games belong to each QSP created folder. (I've attached an image of my Сохранения игр Quest Navigator folder as an example.)
afaik, the only thing the activator does is to unlock the qsp file when you get the update as a supporter/patreon.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I'll take your word for it, I've never ran it.;)
Not done it for Big Kuyash but been supporting SOB for a good while now. When you run the activator you need to enter your email address you registered with as supporter, and it will unlock.

IDoNotTweet

Feb 6, 2017
Make sure you got only 1 .qsp file in the assets/standalone_content/ folder.
Thanks very much Joshua Tree and everyone else who answered, multiple .qsp files was the problem... and I'm guessing the separate 76978_bk_start_en_17.qsp that's in the downloads area would be best choice for a brand new play (?)

Would humbly suggest it might be worth spelling this out in the 1st page overview somewhere to help ward off other newbies like me with the same silly question ;-)

Cheers all!

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
I don't have the means to support either one, but if I ever hit the lottery I'd ask Avenger for his personal info so I could split the winnings with him. Unfortunately, I don't even have the extra cash to buy a lotto ticket.

My whole exposure to QSP and the current realm of Russian games came from a Shark's Lagoon post of "7 Days in Paradise".

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Thanks very much Joshua Tree and everyone else who answered, multiple .qsp files was the problem... and I'm guessing the separate 76978_bk_start_en_17.qsp that's in the downloads area would be best choice for a brand new play (?)

Would humbly suggest it might be worth spelling this out in the 1st page overview somewhere to help ward off other newbies like me with the same silly question ;-)

Cheers all!
Usually or eventually it end up with different versions of the latest qsp file, like with built in cheat etc. I just settle for a working English, well ENGRISH! version. What you have to keep in mind is that for every update, you pretty much have to start over, because old saves wouldn't be 100% compatible, and new content wont trigger and so on.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I don't gave the means to support either one, but if I ever hit the lottery I'd ask Avenger for his personal info so I could split the winnings with him. Unfortunately, I don't even have the extra cash to buy a lotto ticket.

My whole exposure to QSP and the current realm of Russian games came from a Shark's Lagoon post of "7 Days in Paradise".
SOB on their patreon is like 2$ a month. SOB+Kuyash is 5$, not that terrible. My first experience with Kuyash was version 0.6 or something through a torrent file

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
SOB on their patreon is like 2$ a month. SOB+Kuyash is 5$, not that terrible. My first experience with Kuyash was version 0.6 or something through a torrent file
I agreee, Avenger's offerings have always been damned fair. My first experience with Kuyash was an "abandoned" effort while he was creating SOB - and it was a browser game (AXA, or something like that. Maybe version 3 or 4).

3.50 star(s) 12 Votes