3.80 star(s) 44 Votes

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
Why Elden Ring specifically?
Its an over hyped Souls game that a ton of people bought into. Personally Soul games are okay challenging games to get through with visual storytelling mostly, and usually with uninspiring melee combat.

Honestly I would find this game (Bio) to be more interesting in the melee if the melee worked better as well as the knife.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
I wager because it comes out this week and given the depth of the game it's likely to soak up many, many hours of time that could be otherwise spent............ playing another kind of game. :KEK:
By "playing another kind of game" I assume you meant masturbating. Yeah I don't buy it I have yet to see game that is so amazing it makes you ignore lustful urges. If you meant actually playing another game then I don't get it, way I see it is a have two great games in the bank. Its like knowing you will still have some leftover pizza for the next days.

Its an over hyped Souls game that a ton of people bought into. Personally Soul games are okay challenging games to get through with visual storytelling mostly, and usually with uninspiring melee combat.

Honestly I would find this game (Bio) to be more interesting in the melee if the melee worked better as well as the knife.
Its like we've learned nothing from cp77 and tlou2. Like we haven't already seen what happens when we over hype ourselves. I've read so many negative reviews about those two games because they "didn't live up to expectations" and by expectations I assume the reviewer's own expectations (I find them okay enough).

I'm not saying Elden Ring is gonna be bad but personally the Soul's series is overrated, fight me. It forces players to associate fun with frustration like I feel good about myself because I spent 5 hours dodge poking this dragon monster with a sword. For some reason I find Mortal Shell more entertaining and I'm close to spending 5 hours dodge poking a gorilla monster with a sword.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
I'll be the boomer here and ask, what's the difference between Elden Ring and any Dark Souls? They look literally the same to me just like my mother calls Bulbasaur "Pikachu"
Can't say much since I've tried to stay as spoiler-free as possible, but it's a whole different world (made by Fromsoftware in collaboration with G.R.R. Martin). Gameplay-wise it seems to basically be dark souls 3 with a bunch of both new mechanics or mechanics coming from dark souls 2.

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
way I see it is a have two great games in the bank. Its like knowing you will still have some leftover pizza for the next days.
Ya, this has been my opinion on multiple good games being available as well. It reminds me of this overused meme.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not saying Elden Ring is gonna be bad but personally the Soul's series is overrated, fight me. It forces players to associate fun with frustration like I feel good about myself because I spent 5 hours dodge poking this dragon monster with a sword.
You know those NTR art/game threads where you will always see someone come in just to complain how they hate NTR? Some people would say this game is overrated just because they don't like the fetishes. Just because the target audience likes it and you don't doesn't mean it's bad or overrated.

Enjoyment of anything is subjective, it depends on the person. I really enjoy Soulsborne because it doesn't take 5 hours for me to beat bosses so I don't associate it with frustration. There are multiple reasons why someone else might not be able to do that, like motor control issues, so I'm not about to push what I like onto other people. These games aren't overrated, they just aren't for everyone and never tried to be. Just like every other piece of media.

Just sharing my thoughts, not trying to fight anyone.

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
That is a big IF my dude :LUL: There is no way this game is gonna have better fights than souls games.
- All they have to do is improve the stagger/melee attack system and make the knife better.

By "playing another kind of game" I assume you meant masturbating. Yeah I don't buy it I have yet to see game that is so amazing it makes you ignore lustful urges. If you meant actually playing another game then I don't get it, way I see it is a have two great games in the bank. Its like knowing you will still have some leftover pizza for the next days.

Its like we've learned nothing from cp77 and tlou2. Like we haven't already seen what happens when we over hype ourselves. I've read so many negative reviews about those two games because they "didn't live up to expectations" and by expectations I assume the reviewer's own expectations (I find them okay enough).

I'm not saying Elden Ring is gonna be bad but personally the Soul's series is overrated, fight me. It forces players to associate fun with frustration like I feel good about myself because I spent 5 hours dodge poking this dragon monster with a sword. For some reason I find Mortal Shell more entertaining and I'm close to spending 5 hours dodge poking a gorilla monster with a sword.
Yep, the way people are seeing it, is that the open world is going to vastly make it a different game, but I see too many people that didn't play ps3 or even ps5 Demon's Soul, or Dark Souls series and just about any other Soul like games saying "they can't wait for Elden Ring" or "they going to get into it" or "this is the one" knowing damn well they are not a Souls player even to your degree and that their is the over hype Elden Ring is going to fall for, people that know they don't play these types of games then say its not that great because they bought hype for a genre they don't play and wasted their money.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Ya, this has been my opinion on multiple good games being available as well. It reminds me of this overused meme.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You know those NTR art/game threads where you will always see someone come in just to complain how they hate NTR? Some people would say this game is overrated just because they don't like the fetishes. Just because the target audience likes it and you don't doesn't mean it's bad or overrated.

Enjoyment of anything is subjective, it depends on the person. I really enjoy Soulsborne because it doesn't take 5 hours for me to beat bosses so I don't associate it with frustration. There are multiple reasons why someone else might not be able to do that, like motor control issues, so I'm not about to push what I like onto other people. These games aren't overrated, they just aren't for everyone and never tried to be. Just like every other piece of media.

Just sharing my thoughts, not trying to fight anyone.
No worries I get it. People get a bit touchy when someone gives negative comments about things they like. Don't even get me started on people claiming the RE series is bad.

Reactions: Zeddy

Dovakeks

Dec 25, 2019
Yeah that is true.
No worries I get it. People get a bit touchy when someone gives negative comments about things they like. Don't even get me started on people claiming the RE series is bad.
I love the Resident Evil Series :D just like the Dark Souls Series. The Remakes are also good. But I guess it doesn't matter what you do, there are always people complaining about some stupid shit.

Reactions: worming
3.80 star(s) 44 Votes