Jun 7, 2019
I really cant play the game cause of file's name all are corrupted like that
is there any ways to fix this?

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I really cant play the game cause of file's name all are corrupted like that
is there any ways to fix this?
This has already been thoroughly covered over the last few pages, but short form: WinRAR -> Options -> Name encoding -> Shift-JIS

Basic problem is the archive is a .zip which is a dumpster fire when dealing with nonstandard letters.

Reactions: Udolf007 and Wlafy

Wlafy

Jun 7, 2019
This has already been thoroughly covered over the last few pages, but short form: WinRAR -> Options -> Name encoding -> Shift-JIS

Basic problem is the archive is a .zip which is a dumpster fire when dealing with nonstandard letters.
thank you so much my guy

DaBoiii

Sep 27, 2020
for 2-5 I can't play cause it could locate an image, but the image is in the game files, any help?

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
for 2-5 I can't play cause it could locate an image, but the image is in the game files, any help?
Are you saying that you have a big game file? You can extract that game file using Rgss3a_Decrypter.exe. Do a search on main page of F95Zone forum, I am sure there is several posting for the file to download. The other option is to download that game version from another source.

I haven't play that game in a long time. I have no interest to check it again.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

DaBoiii

Sep 27, 2020
Are you saying that you have a big game file? You can extract that game file using Rgss3a_Decrypter.exe. Do a search on main page of F95Zone forum, I am sure there is several posting for the file to download. The other option is to download that game version from another source.

I haven't play that game in a long time. I have no interest to check it again.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)
Ah had a typo lol, meant to say it couldn't locate an image, the screen goes black and I get a pop up saying it couldn't lovate and image then closes itself when I press ok/x out of pop up. It happens in games 2 to 5 and I think 6 as well, but the images that the game couldn't locate are in the graphics folder with the rest of the images from the game. I'll see what's up with the Rgss3a thing you mentioned tho. All the best man

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
Ah had a typo lol, meant to say it couldn't locate an image, the screen goes black and I get a pop up saying it couldn't lovate and image then closes itself when I press ok/x out of pop up. It happens in games 2 to 5 and I think 6 as well, but the images that the game couldn't locate are in the graphics folder with the rest of the images from the game. I'll see what's up with the Rgss3a thing you mentioned tho. All the best man
For the 500th time change your PC locale to japanese.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
Changed Locale to Japanese and get the same problem u know
You really dont know WHY for japanese games you have to change the locale to japanese, its cause kanji being unreadable by normal programs in fact unzipping files with japanese names messes up their names, which means changing later to japanese locale does nothing since you already messesd up the file names so the game will be unable to find that specific file anyway.
There is literally no downside to being constantly on japanese locale, all other programs work normally, but on the upside every program is being able to properly show kanji.

This is how the file names should look like rio1_1_路地裏.png the first game in series had no problems cause the filenames did have no kanji (s02_3.png). So first locale emulator will not help, second trying to run the game after unpacking on non japanese locale windows will not make anything better.

Redownload the game and unpack and run the game on japanese locale.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
You really dont know WHY for japanese games you have to change the locale to japanese, its cause kanji being unreadable by normal programs in fact unzipping files with japanese names messes up their names, which means changing later to japanese locale does nothing since you already messesd up the file names so the game will be unable to find that specific file anyway.
There is literally no downside to being constantly on japanese locale, all other programs work normally, but on the upside every program is being able to properly show kanji.

This is how the file names should look like rio1_1_路地裏.png the first game in series had no problems cause the filenames did have no kanji (s02_3.png). So first locale emulator will not help, second trying to run the game after unpacking on non japanese locale windows will not make anything better.

Redownload the game and unpack and run the game on japanese locale.
Seriously you don't need to go full JP locale.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
You don't need to in some cases but there's literally no downside to just having it switched.
If changing system locale was inconvenient or interfered with day to day stuff then I could understand discouraging users from doing it but it doesn't. It's literally do it once and never worry about it again :/
Thank you, at least someone tries to point the same thing out i do constantly and ppl just ignore it. You are anime fans, manga fans or just like play japanese hentai games, all 3 are literally screaming set your locale to japanese. Even sites show kanji in proper fonts, cause some sites load on wrong fonts when the locale is not set to japanese which breaks the page layouts, also anime nowadays have fonts in the mkv files, but there are some groups using fonts with non unicode signs which either would not make em load or not even load the videos sometimes.

To anyone so blindly being against changing to japanese locale and using some outdated locale emulators please, PLEASE do answer me those two simple questions.
1. Whats the donwsides of doing a one time swap to japanese locale?
2. If locale emulators are so great and fail proof tell me why none of the existing onese are updated or even supported for more then 4 years now?

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
BTW mister wise guy SiNiSistar is literally unplayable if you dont change locale to japanese since even on emulators it will still not run correctly as there is a protection blocking the game from running on non japanese locale PC, even DLSITE has this in faq, and they will literally ignore you if you say a game does not work and you did not set your locale to japanese.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
BTW mister wise guy SiNiSistar is literally unplayable if you dont change locale to japanese since even on emulators it will still not run correctly as there is a protection blocking the game from running on non japanese locale PC, even DLSITE has this in faq, and they will literally ignore you if you say a game does not work and you did not set your locale to japanese.
Which is a different matter entirely, o Great Sage.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes