Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
I am getting a black screen in the prison after flipping the last switch and run with katrina save attached is just before this

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Deathdawg
The fix is attached. If your game is unpacked, just put the data folder/map file into the game folder and overwrite the old one.
tonicase24
When someone picks up the game to finish the translation, because the developer is currently concentrating on finishing another translation.

Reactions: Deathdawg

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Deathdawg
  1. Download the "RGSS-Decryptor-v1.0.0.1.zip" from , unpack it, drag the "Game.rgss3a" onto the "RgssDecrypter.exe" and let go.
  2. A cmd window (black background, white letters) should open, wait till it has closed itself. Then it's done unpacking.
  3. Move the Game.rgss3a out of the game folder.
  4. If there are now new folders (like data and system) in the folder with the "RgssDecrypter.exe", you need to move them into the game folder and overwrite everything if asked.
  5. Now copy the uploaded data folder into the game folder and overwrite both the Map208.rvdata2 and map220.rvdata2.
  6. Now run the game. If it works feel free to delete the Game.rgss3a or back it up "just in case".
Forgot to add map 208 to the last upload, it fixes the black screen in the toilet on the farm.

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Suryujin I did this and though the files did not go into the folder with the decrypter i removed the Game.rgss3a out of the folder and when i open my save file just before flipping the last switch i still have the black screen issue

Edit: THough I am able to open the menu with the 0 numpad key or the esc key

Reactions: weiwuxian696969

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Deathdawg
Did you copy the uploaded data folder/ map files into the game folder after extracting and were you asked to confirm the overwrite?

Because I'm using your save (didn't save on it or anything) and the fixed files I've just uploaded. It works without problems for me, which is why I'm slightly confused right now.

Put the "Data" folder I've uploaded into your game folder. Make sure to confirm to overwrite the map files.

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Deathdawg
Did you copy the uploaded data folder/ map files into the game folder after extracting and were you asked to confirm the overwrite?

Because I'm using your save (didn't save on it or anything) and the fixed files I've just uploaded. It works without problems for me, which is why I'm slightly confused right now.

Put the "Data" folder I've uploaded into your game folder. Make sure to confirm to overwrite the map files.
Not sure myself what is going on as I followed the instructions for the decrypter that you gave me and even just now tried with copying the entire folder you sent and even one file transfered at a time and still get the same blackscreen

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Deathdawg

Not sure myself what is going on as I followed the instructions for the decrypter that you gave me and even just now tried with copying the entire folder you sent and even one file transfered at a time and still get the same blackscreen

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Deathdawg
Alright, changed something and it hopefully works for you too, now. ;P
Nope and I let it run for 30 minutes on a black screen and all i could do was open menu I even checked my drivers to make sure that they were updated as well so i think for some reason that my save on my side is shagged lol

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Deathdawg
Alright, changed the fix and added a "fail save", just in case it decides it still doesn't want to work like it's supposed to. I've tested both saves, the one you've uploaded and one I made from your save right after the black screen, which is attached. The scene ends with the supposed fadein, which refuses to happen for some strange reason, anyway.

Reactions: Diegoz

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Suryujin I tried the data folder and it was still giving me the black screen so I used the save to get past it so thank you for the attempt at helping me get around it without using a save and also thank you for the save that at least lets me get around the snafu i was in

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
Suryujin I tried the data folder and it was still giving me the black screen so I used the save to get past it so thank you for the attempt at helping me get around it without using a save and also thank you for the save that at least lets me get around the snafu i was in
Deathdawg
No problem, just annoyed that the bug doesn't want to let itself get squashed for you. Seriously, it's like the game is ignoring the code in your case for some reason.
rpg maker save data store some temporary map states. Just switch cell, exemple by climbing ladder down to switch maps and return and pull leaver - by this time it should progress as intended. In short, save file stored old corrupted data that had to be refreshed (from fixed game data files).

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
prodigy I never thought about that.....already past that moment currently but will add that to my notes that I have since being here on this site dealing with rpgm games and the like thanks for the reply

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
prodigy
Ehh, why would the same save file work for me, but not Deathdawg? I didn't save on the uploaded file and if the states are loaded from the save, then my game should continue to be bugged as well, since the save wasn't altered and is loading the old map state. There aren't any other save files other than the numbered ones either, let alone one that saves map states. So, unless Deathdawg's other saves are interfering or his game read his save differently than my game does... I'm at a lose how that's supposed to work.

Though not a bad idea, sometimes global saves and similar can mess things up if you only work with the "normal" save.

Also, the save is before a scene (flicking the switch triggers the map event) that causes several fade-ins and -outs. Only the last fade-out doesn't wan't to be faded-in again. Even with calling the fade-in twice from different events, the fade-out isn't reversed. So... I'm not sure how old map states can interfere here.

Which reminds me, Deathdawg and whoever else has the bug and my fix doesn't work, if you can open the menu, keep walking up. You might not be able to see it, but straight ahead is the stairs. Once you're on the next map, the fade-out should be restored as well.

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
prodigy
Ehh, why would the same save file work for me, but not Deathdawg? I didn't save on the uploaded file and if the states are loaded from the save, then my game should continue to be bugged as well, since the save wasn't altered and is loading the old map state. There aren't any other save files other than the numbered ones either, let alone one that saves map states. So, unless Deathdawg's other saves are interfering or his game read his save differently than my game does... I'm at a lose how that's supposed to work.

Though not a bad idea, sometimes global saves and similar can mess things up if you only work with the "normal" save.

Also, the save is before a scene (flicking the switch triggers the map event) that causes several fade-ins and -outs. Only the last fade-out doesn't wan't to be faded-in again. Even with calling the fade-in twice from different events, the fade-out isn't reversed. So... I'm not sure how old map states can interfere here.

Which reminds me, Deathdawg and whoever else has the bug and my fix doesn't work, if you can open the menu, keep walking up. You might not be able to see it, but straight ahead is the stairs. Once you're on the next map, the fade-out should be restored as well.
I general old rpg maker saves look like this, it is just current map file with additional variables stored. So if you save on old bugged veersion with (black screen bug) it still will be present in save file on load. You have to change map to load up fixed data ( by fidex data i mean your fixed map files). So if it wasent working for him then probably he saved on that bugged map just before switching that last leaver wich beings cutscen with bugged fade to black - so when he loads it and as we established that it is same old data on that save, so it still will be bugged until refreshed (changing map will force to load data from current game files)

I also encounter this bug, and with help of your fidex map data I was able to progress.

So your fixed data worked in 100% it would be helpful if somebody placed it on op post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diegoz
2.90 star(s) 8 Votes