3.30 star(s) 55 Votes

Lunarmist

Darkness of The Mist
Uploader
Compressor
Feb 5, 2022
I found this error when the phone appears for the first time and you receive a message from Ashley.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: DynamicImage u'gui/phone/scrollbar/vertical_[prefix_]thumb.png': could not find image. (u'gui/phone/scrollbar/vertical_idle_thumb.png', u'gui/phone/scrollbar/vertical_thumb.png')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes/ep1/scene7.rpyc", line 262, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 721, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1419, in say
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1237, in __call__
  File "renpy/character.py", line 901, in do_display
  File "renpy/character.py", line 647, in display_say
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3329, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3843, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 2570, in draw_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display\layout.py", line 834, in render
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display\screen.py", line 688, in render
  File "renpy/display\layout.py", line 1780, in render
  File "renpy/display\layout.py", line 1773, in sizeit
  File "render.pyx", line 315, in renpy.display.render.render_for_size
  File "renpy/display\behavior.py", line 1961, in render
  File "renpy/display\imagelike.py", line 275, in render
  File "renpy/display\image.py", line 731, in render
  File "renpy/display\image.py", line 652, in find_target
Exception: DynamicImage u'gui/phone/scrollbar/vertical_[prefix_]thumb.png': could not find image. (u'gui/phone/scrollbar/vertical_idle_thumb.png', u'gui/phone/scrollbar/vertical_thumb.png')
WhY NoT?! Added a version which hopefully will not cause any errors

Last edited:
Reactions: WhY NoT?!

Damien8d

May 22, 2021
I think the best way the MC could act would be to corrupt them one after the other.
Sure a really humiliating revenge could be satisfying - but only in the short term.
Plus even then you cannot go overboard as you would have to face the police or a united front of angry b*tches some of whom are pretty rich.
That's why I would actually use the former stepsister for her offer.
The MC is at a point where he cannot be fooled anymore if he is cautious and if she actually wants to make ammends then you have a mole who would be extremely motivated to help you even at the cost of her own dignity.
If she's still a snake then nothing really changes as you haven't risked anything yet.
Plus she's probably the easiest victim and the most likely way to gain an advantage and info.
When he finally has blackmail on everyone he could still decide to go nuclear on them.
However my personal preference is personal humiliation behind closed doors. (as in maledom scenes)
Then again I was never a fan of forced exhibitionism...

cariadult

Jun 4, 2018
IcarusLabs since I really like your game, let me give you some well-intentioned piece of advice: don't implement any analytics functions in your game without letting players know about them and giving them the option to turn them off. And don't enable them by default. Many players, including me, don't like this!
What they usually take from this analytic thingy? our browser history? our in-game name?
did you turn it off in your compressed file?

IcarusLabs

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2020
What they usually take from this analytic thingy? our browser history? our in-game name?
did you turn it off in your compressed file?
It was a google analytic event push when the game started and one again when the game ended. When you do an event, it just notifies that the event happened, that is it. I can't see anything else since it doesn't capture you as a "user". Even details on country of origin are not included in that push. But I removed it in v0.1.6, so just use that.

Reactions: cariadult

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
Damn what a loser mc. Takes hits from women and guys alike from all directions. This could only be played for a few seconds, when I had to delete it. And I don't care if the mc grows a spine in the future, when the beginning ruined the possibility of this game. This is the beginning I don't want to see. So the whole beginning of the game is completely pointless crap for me. And I'm not interested in coming back to this game anymore, because the MC is too much of a loser for my game.

Dec 27, 2020
I think the best way the MC could act would be to corrupt them one after the other.
Sure a really humiliating revenge could be satisfying - but only in the short term.
Plus even then you cannot go overboard as you would have to face the police or a united front of angry b*tches some of whom are pretty rich.
That's why I would actually use the former stepsister for her offer.
The MC is at a point where he cannot be fooled anymore if he is cautious and if she actually wants to make ammends then you have a mole who would be extremely motivated to help you even at the cost of her own dignity.
If she's still a snake then nothing really changes as you haven't risked anything yet.
Plus she's probably the easiest victim and the most likely way to gain an advantage and info.
When he finally has blackmail on everyone he could still decide to go nuclear on them.
However my personal preference is personal humiliation behind closed doors. (as in maledom scenes)
Then again I was never a fan of forced exhibitionism...
Yes. I think Emma is a good candidate too.
She seems too interested in the MC by pretending she doesn't care.
I can imagine a romantic maledom D/s relationship on the redemption arc. Or, like you stated, a humiliating part on the revenge part.
I don't know why, but I am fascinated by her role so far.
Usually I hate such characters. I hope she is not so one dimensional. Kate and Annie regret what they have done in an instant. Emma does not, but wants to be a friend as if nothing had happened.

IcarusLabs does she like it when I was hostile towards her? If there is a hidden point system, could you make it visible.

IcarusLabs

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2020
Damn what a loser mc. Takes hits from women and guys alike from all directions. This could only be played for a few seconds, when I had to delete it. And I don't care if the mc grows a spine in the future, when the beginning ruined the possibility of this game. This is the beginning I don't want to see. So the whole beginning of the game is completely pointless crap for me. And I'm not interested in coming back to this game anymore, because the MC is too much of a loser for my game.
Thanks for playing!

IcarusLabs

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2020
Yes. I think Emma is a good candidate too.
She seems too interested in the MC by pretending she doesn't care.
I can imagine a romantic maledom D/s relationship on the redemption arc. Or, like you stated, a humiliating part on the revenge part.
I don't know why, but I am fascinated by her role so far.
Usually I hate such characters. I hope she is not so one dimensional. Kate and Annie regret what they have done in an instant. Emma does not, but wants to be a friend as if nothing had happened.

IcarusLabs does she like it when I was hostile towards her? If there is a hidden point system, could you make it visible.
There will be a walkthrough at some point that will outline paths once I get more choices, but I will tell you in that particular scene, that you get a relationship boost with Emma for being hostile to her.

With the EP2 release, the relationship meters will be a visible feature.

Dec 27, 2020
There will be a walkthrough at some point that will outline paths once I get more choices, but I will tell you in that particular scene, that you get a relationship boost with Emma for being hostile to her.

Yes, then I read her right.;) I have to say, this is fun for me. Good writing by the way.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Just finished playing.
I get the impression that someone is taking advantage of the MC's hatred and trying to push him against the girls.

I really like Emma because of her straightforwardness. And for some reason I believe her when she says that MCs need to be tougher and stop considering themselves the center of the universe.
It looks like the girls are up to something serious in trying to prove themselves in a new place, and they won't risk everything to humiliate an MC they don't care about.

I absolutely support if he and his friends get revenge, but in my opinion, trying to do this, he may suffer even more.

To be honest, I wish it were optional. Because, in this case, the player chooses the “correct answer”, and not the one that he personally considers correct. A good story loses its value.

Last edited:

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Just finished playing.
I get the impression that someone is taking advantage of the MC's hatred and trying to push him against the girls.

I really like Emma because of her straightforwardness. And for some reason I believe her when she says that MCs need to be tougher and stop considering themselves the center of the universe.
It looks like the girls are up to something serious in trying to prove themselves in a new place, and they won't risk everything to humiliate an MC they don't care about.

I absolutely support if he and his friends get revenge, but in my opinion, trying to do this, he may suffer even more.

To be honest, I wish it were optional. Because, in this case, the player chooses the “correct answer”, and not the one that he personally considers correct. A good story loses its value.
yes but if all this is true then it makes the entire intro completely irrellevant and wasted words. I think the earlier theories are correct that it's tuttle. I believe he is in love with one of them and she is either rogue in the group and manipulating him or he is acting in hopes it will get her attention. and as I already said very disappointing if it's true. it's like the dev tried making a revenge story then went wait what if it's a redemption arc instead. The MC so far though comes off as a complete putz and basically the small group of friends he has atm are the only likable characters imo. so by taking this route it basically makes all characters unlikable and un redeemable. These are just my thoughts but this back and forth on the fence thing really sucks either they are bitches for real or they aren't. Let the game live up to it's name.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simulacrum29

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
so you'd rather have some meathead who is constantly aggressive to anyone around him? the whole premise of the game is that the MC suffered horribly during his time in high school. that the bullying was both physical and mental. if you didn't like the game from reading the spoiler in the first post of the thread, then why did you download it? you were looking for a reason to bash the game

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
The thing is, they are doing it for years and never got any pushback or consequences, so why should they stop? There is no risk. What risk is there realistically when Kate's family has the dean in their pocket for whatever they are planning? They are openly hostile to the MC and Amber because they can. Charlotte is doing it out in the open, in the middle of a mall, this is not a sign of someone who thinks it is a risk to whatever they are doing. She is even stealing on a high socitiy charity auction, that's not some 5 Dollar jewelry you buy at Target. They learned that they can do whatever and are acting accordingly.

That may be as it is. A person that would have an interest in using the MC's hate for them, is someone wronged by them. So back to square one, they had it coming. It only shows that there are more people hurt by them.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
yes but if all this is true then it makes the entire intro completely irrellevant and wasted words. I think the earlier theories are correct that it's tuttle. I believe he is in love with one of them and she is either rogue in the group and manipulating him or he is acting in hopes it will get her attention. and as I already said very disappointing if it's true. it's like the dev tried making a revenge story then went wait what if it's a redemption arc instead. The MC so far though comes off as a complete putz and basically the small group of friends he has atm are the only likable characters imo. so by taking this route it basically makes all characters unlikable and un redeemable. These are just my thoughts but this back and forth on the fence thing really sucks either they are bitches for real or they aren't. Let the game live up to it's name.
I didn’t read the topic and theories on purpose, so as not to spoil my impression)

In my opinion, the game shows that they are definitely bitches. And no matter how hard they try, it won't change.
Another thing is that it looks like there will be a choice - to live in the past and take revenge, or to build the future by becoming tougher.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Just finished playing.

If the MC, is in fact, a collateral, an unimportant byproduct of their machinations, it makes it all the better for the MC to have his revenge, so that these bitches get what they deserve. Like I've said many times before, with Emma and Charlotte taking the brunt of it.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I can't wait till episode 2 drops. dev, you did an amazing job with episode 1 regardless of what these naysayers spout. keep going my dude. haters only talk shit because they can't make anything like this and need to bring others down. there's constructive criticism and then there's being a douchebag

3.30 star(s) 55 Votes