GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Yo! Let's goooooooooo! :love::geek:(y)
We've been hard at work on the game.

Ready for the A3 release:
- Female start, and female MC variants of scenes as needed.
- Added an in-game hint system to help coax players toward story driven scenes in case you have any trouble finding something. Also indicates where current content ends.
- A small mountain of cosmetic improvements.
- Repeatable Akane Sex scene.
- Pregnancy announcement scene.
- Six pregnancy scenes, two for each trimester.
- Two scenes related to the baby being born.
- Two baby scenes
- One toddler scene
- One small child scene.
- Armory descriptions.
- Probably a few other things I'm forgetting

Odds are there will be at least one story driven scene for Katy, and time permitting I want to write at least one more scene for the next build, but haven't settled on which item from my list I'll take up just yet.

NOTE: All pregnancy related content is early content. I always start with a few simple repeatable scenes for something new in any of my project to get it functional and testable, then flesh it out with more meaningful content afterward (Sort of like the simple scavenging/combat scenes, then you have the Badass Machete scene, . . . )

Pusspuss

Feb 18, 2018
We've been hard at work on the game.

Ready for the A3 release:
- Female start, and female MC variants of scenes as needed.
- Added an in-game hint system to help coax players toward story driven scenes in case you have any trouble finding something. Also indicates where current content ends.
- A small mountain of cosmetic improvements.
- Repeatable Akane Sex scene.
- Pregnancy announcement scene.
- Six pregnancy scenes, two for each trimester.
- Two scenes related to the baby being born.
- Two baby scenes
- One toddler scene
- One small child scene.
- Armory descriptions.
- Probably a few other things I'm forgetting

Odds are there will be at least one story driven scene for Katy, and time permitting I want to write at least one more scene for the next build, but haven't settled on which item from my list I'll take up just yet.

NOTE: All pregnancy related content is early content. I always start with a few simple repeatable scenes for something new in any of my project to get it functional and testable, then flesh it out with more meaningful content afterward (Sort of like the simple scavenging/combat scenes, then you have the Badass Machete scene, . . . )
Loving the progression of the pregnancy stuff. That's always nice to check and see how far along the characters are. Will there be any sense for the actual birth so you can be there when it happens? I'm guessing that could be the 2 scenes with the baby being born, but not sure if it's the actual birth or if that means right after the birth. The only reason I ask is because I love being there to actually witness the birth, and most games like this just skip over that part or is a short 2 sentence long scene. I get why they skip it, but common man... That's part of the whole process! lol

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Loving the progression of the pregnancy stuff. That's always nice to check and see how far along the characters are. Will there be any sense for the actual birth so you can be there when it happens? I'm guessing that could be the 2 scenes with the baby being born, but not sure if it's the actual birth or if that means right after the birth. The only reason I ask is because I love being there to actually witness the birth, and most games like this just skip over that part or is a short 2 sentence long scene. I get why they skip it, but common man... That's part of the whole process! lol
As a matter of fact, yes. The reason for two versions of the birth is so if you are out exploring when the baby is born, you'll come back and find out you're a new father, alternately if you are present, you end up assisting in the birth.

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
As a matter of fact, yes. The reason for two versions of the birth is so if you are out exploring when the baby is born, you'll come back and find out you're a new father, alternately if you are present, you end up assisting in the birth.
What about the female MC? Could they get pregnant and ends up giving birth while exploring on future versions of this game?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
What about the female MC? Could they get pregnant and ends up giving birth while exploring on future versions of this game?
Yes, a female MC will be able to get pregnant and give birth eventually. You can expect that to happen around the time we add a male NPC to the game.

I'd like to know when I could expect another update, if you have any dates in mind that is
New build drops every fourth week, on Friday. Next scheduled release is the 19th of this month.

tiny zombies incoming!
We've got a lot of zombie types planned that will be rolled out as they are needed. And the baby zombie in Dawn of the Dead (2004) is a scene that I've always thought was very impactful and fun, . . .

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
Wow this going be really hot game to play for summer and fall, I can't wait. Will there be seasons and environment effect zombies, like some of other zombie movies. Base growth and re-population measures like next generation, and warning next generation not feed zombies?

Zombies in general regular, to slow zombies,
fast to broken zombies
plant growing through some and trapped zombies
Zombie land or another one(volt zombies + nuke caliber) took 15 round kill terminator Zombie?
Unless there something I am forgetting, smart zombies?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Wow this going be really hot game to play for summer and fall, I can't wait. Will there be seasons and environment effect zombies, like some of other zombie movies. Base growth and re-population measures like next generation, and warning next generation not feed zombies?

Zombies in general regular, to slow zombies,
fast to broken zombies
plant growing through some and trapped zombies
Zombie land or another one(volt zombies + nuke caliber) took 15 round kill terminator Zombie?
Unless there something I am forgetting, smart zombies?
We have talked about doing the seasons, including weather, possible implications with both the undead and the living, and how it might affect the settlement. Since the discussion has progressed to "When to get art" I'm going to say it's very likely that weather/seasons will make it into the game. That said, it's going to take us a couple more builds at least to get combat and pregnancy/children fully implemented, so it is unlikely to happen before then.

We've got a pretty extensive list of zombie types we want to include. Most of what you have above is on our list in one form or another.

Love the idea of plants growing through a zombie. Will for sure include that on my list, that gives me a couple of ideas.

Thank you for the feedback and ideas. Very much appreciated.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Is there a possibility that weapons (guns) and ammo modifications will be introduced?
We've talked about weapon modifications and different kinds of ammo. It's not really on the priority list at the moment, but it's something we'd like to explore eventually.

Reactions: Bulk Biceps
Jun 21, 2021
Call me foolish if I'm wrong but now that I've built the first fortification of the base and did one or two missions for Akane
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and now I have no idea where to go, what to do or where to find
after going to the theme park.

On a side note: the randomness of the supplies showing up made grinding for building the base very tedious and contributes to me feeling lost in the game. I apologize if I seem petty, but these are my first impressions.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Call me foolish if I'm wrong but now that I've built the first fortification of the base and did one or two missions for Akane
and now I have no idea where to go, what to do or where to find
after going to the theme park.

On a side note: the randomness of the supplies showing up made grinding for building the base very tedious and contributes to me feeling lost in the game. I apologize if I seem petty, but these are my first impressions.
Since you're playing the A1 build, it sounds like you've explored the content currently available in the game.

A2 when it releases on Friday will actually complete Akane's first story arc (Including a new sex scene) and continue the second NPC's story, along with a lot of other stuff.

A3 which is in testing right now (Will be for supporters Friday, everyone else when A4 comes out) will include a repeatable sex scene for Akane, baby/pregnancy content, and the third installment in the other NPC's story (Which includes a sex scene), and a Female MC start for the game.

Lots of other stuff in both A2 and A3 not mentioned above, but I think I hit the highlights as far as new content.

Short version: First build was to give you all a taste of what we're working on, it's growing fast and next build should be out at week's end.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
One final thing:
As far as the grinding aspect, BiteMe and me just talked about this in some detail. We've always wanted to avoid grind if we are able, and discovering that the resource management struck a nerve for us.

At present, only the Armory can be upgraded, and after some discussion, we've decided that I'll write one or two fetch quests related to it each build, something where you are asked for something and it's a story driven quest to upgrade rather than acumulation. We'll talk about it a bit more before laying things in stone, but we WILL work toward removing the grind over the next couple of builds.

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
This may be delving into territory where many wouldn't go, and may not be where you want to take the tone of the game, but I need to ask, are there any plans for zombie sex slaves? Cheerleader zombies might be particularly in-demand...

I suppose that would depend on how zombies decay in this games world, is their decay halted at the moment of zombification? do they decay more as time passes? Of course if they do continue to decay, eventually all the zombies will vanish after they can't move around anymore.

And it also might only work if there were some rare people who were just somehow entirely immune to zombification, and so their only risk would be from being eaten. This would explain how the main character and others did not become infected along with everybody else.

This topic is occasionally explored in japanese hentai manga. And the title of the game just sent my mind there.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
This may be delving into territory where many wouldn't go, and may not be where you want to take the tone of the game, but I need to ask, are there any plans for zombie sex slaves? Cheerleader zombies might be particularly in-demand...

I suppose that would depend on how zombies decay in this games world, is their decay halted at the moment of zombification? do they decay more as time passes? Of course if they do continue to decay, eventually all the zombies will vanish after they can't move around anymore.

And it also might only work if there were some rare people who were just somehow entirely immune to zombification, and so their only risk would be from being eaten. This would explain how the main character and others did not become infected along with everybody else.

This topic is occasionally explored in japanese hentai manga. And the title of the game just sent my mind there.
Zombie sex slaves is something I've thought about. It's on my radar, but not really on our priority list yet.

The infection would be spread sexually, so there would be obvious consequences to unprotected acts. However, it's something that will be likely be explored in some capacity at some point.

What happens to zombies over time is another thing we want to explore. We have a "10 year plan" for the setting, where the world changes and evolves over about ten years of game time. What happens to the undead, and to humanity, are things we plan to explore in detail over time.

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
Something else that a lot of zombie settings don't get right... The human body is mostly made up of water.
What happens to water when it gets below freezing temperatures? It becomes a solid. So if this is in a region where winter is particularly cold, zombies will entirely freeze and be unable to move over winter. So to avoid this, it might be good to put the story in a tropical climate where it doesn't really freeze.

Also thinking about infection potential, if a zombie attack can damage the player, and they can use a standard medical kit or medical knowledge to somehow cure that and prevent the infection, this leads me to think the characters likely have some sort of immunity already. So sex acts with a zombie might be just fine. it's something to think about anyway.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Something else that a lot of zombie settings don't get right... The human body is mostly made up of water.
What happens to water when it gets below freezing temperatures? It becomes a solid. So if this is in a region where winter is particularly cold, zombies will entirely freeze and be unable to move over winter. So to avoid this, it might be good to put the story in a tropical climate where it doesn't really freeze.

Also thinking about infection potential, if a zombie attack can damage the player, and they can use a standard medical kit or medical knowledge to somehow cure that and prevent the infection, this leads me to think the characters likely have some sort of immunity already. So sex acts with a zombie might be just fine. it's something to think about anyway.
Good feedback there. Thank you, a lot of it mirrors our plans, but you did give me an idea or two in the above. Very much appreciated.

Seasons is something we want to explore eventually, and those seasons' affect on the undead would play a big part in that.

We actually track infection and injury separately. And the lore of how it spreads, how and when measures that slow or cure infection came into being, are things we'd like to explore as well. We have a CDC lab planned for the game eventually, some of what we want to do with that is explore the infection in a bit of detail.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Space_Cow99

Bite Me LLZ

Modder
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
New Bite Me build is live!
Links:
A3 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with Early Access):

A3 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A2 Public Build (Free build!):

(Includes both a downloadable and play in browser version)

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes