Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
OK, I'm really not liking how this title has completely changed, and the new menu and game re-structure (adding sandbox content is just crap, and changing from the red on black / dark background...which was so much easier on the eyes...is now bad). And the changes to a limited Renpy game menu...we still can't even exit the game like the previous version, as there is still no menu choice to exit this title. :FacePalm:

Why so many changes? I still don't understand why mess with an already decent looking project? This title/project had such a unique story already established, where MC started out as a normal young guy, and then a vampire bite changes his life's direction. And I really liked how the story used his eye colour changes, that evolved with his new found abilities. Thus making him a growing unknown powerful vampire, with each story update. Now I don't know what to think, but it's become a pass for now...at least until the the creative change dust settles.

But I did notice there was some changes was done to Blue Dragon's original team. As a few new people were added that seem to take this already good title into a totally different direction. Sad, as I always looked forward for each update released, but now I'm not interested in this anymore. I also noticed a few Patreon subs have recently dropped off following this project, and I guess time will tell if it further decreases in support. I hope not though, as I hope things will work out well for this dev that I really liked his previous version of his story.

Original team before the complete story rewrite.

And the new team members, that might be the reason for the new direction of this project.
To each his own but the original story was bad. The MC was the biggest Gary Stu from all vampire vns I have read on this site :HideThePain: Power fantasies are fine but all the Chosen One chatter was cringe as fuck imo.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Saw this got a remake, so thought I'd give it another go. But man... that just wasn't good. I wasn't a fan of the original either, but wanted to see if the remake made it better or not. Sadly, it did not.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This really didn't get any better at all with this remake. Usually a remake is done to improve the game and make it better than it was. This just kept all the bad things of the original, and then made it worse.

Eh, again, just not for me I guess. Wanted to give this a fair shot after I saw it remade, but it just wasn't good. Wasn't a fan of the original, and definitely not a fan of this remake. Either way, I guess best of luck with your remake and thanks.

Last edited:

SabrinaHx

Feb 8, 2023
Agora sim está totalmente confusa

Now it's totally confused

Last edited by a moderator:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Its a damn shame tho caus i was enjoying this game alot

But now with he sandbox and mini games its ruined the whole thing

Not even mentioning having to wait ages for it to catch up again with the older version

Ptroll

Jan 22, 2021
Hey dev! You shoot yourself in the foot !
I won't be doing that, especially adding sanbox, those games are in my blacklist. I'don't say see you soon !

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
ok so.... lets ignore the bitching and try this new prologue out....
menu look worse.... ok thats no big deal either way....

fire him this is just as bad as before if not worse....

what the hell is with the textures on the girls???

and they wanna add minigames and free roam to this?

..... that was it??

uhhhhh.... regarding your 'new direction' guys??? ABORT ABORT ABORT
a pity they didnt listen.... and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed
they managed to make the writing even more bland and generic than even the first half the prologue. Thats a frigging true achievement guys

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
dev yOU ARE IN TIME TO CONTINUE TO UPDATE the old version wich was just turning good story wise...stop with this nonsense remake crap and return to your old steps..or you will loose all your fans.. me for sure.
I was also enjoying the first one. The renders may be a bit better, but definitely not worth remaking an entire game. Also, not a fan of the new vampire look. If they were demons I could understand it, but not vampires.

Jul 18, 2017
And another game to delete and never download again... Is it "that" hard to finish what you started??? In most cases the game didn't even gets better, and they tends to never get finished! You just wait another year for the "remake" to nearly catch up to the content of the old version. Really. who the fuck want's a remake, redo, remastered, improvement or what you call it version of a unfinished game? Just finish what you started first Dev's.... My folder with the "completed" games is ridiculous small compared to the folder with the WIP and (maybe) abandoned games. I am getting the feeling that over 90% of the released games never gets to a finished (completed) version.

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
The first one had a better introduction, all that needed doing is not immediately spilling every drop of information about our life to the first rando we meet on the street, but the way in which characters were met was fine, the progression of the mc in the original was a bit crap, but having gotten a little way into the remake, while some parts of it feel better, there's still a lot that is not as good as it was originally, one thing I dislike particularly is there is at least one option (maybe more as I have not gotten very far in) where an option for an h scene exists but when clicking on it, tells you it's not in the current build if it's not yet available in the build why is that option available to click? I think just redo the intro for the original keeping the same vibe but changing how the mc behaves and his interactions with people, and make the mc more 'likeable' as it is the remake is 'meh' at best.

Sad to say that I'll probably wait it out to see if the game and its intro get redone or the game somehow magically gets better, if not I'll have to follow the flock on leaving it by the wayside

Updated to say I finished the prologue remake, and honestly, it's far more confusing and much less enjoyable than the original, it literally portrays you as a complete and utter moron with little to no intelligence or social skills and shows that the mc is so pathetically dumb that he simply trusts everyone he's with regardless. While the new character introductions might be cool, the mc, his story and the progression of things that happen to him or via his dreams is just plain bad.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Even though I think the rework is entirely not needed, I will at least point out a few things in it that did improve imo:

1. I think the MC is better. He at least tried to fight the bully, and he handled the vampire in the restaurant better.

2. I like Rebecca so far; she seems to really care for the MC.

3. The random voyeur scene was gotten rid of, which imo, is good, and makes the scene a lot better.

So, while I do not think it is worth adding minigames/sandbox or even redoing the game, at least some things in the game did improve so far.

Gary prince

Aug 2, 2022
Remake made me fan to hate, I mean all these story your continued are waste now. Who needs remake, the old story is better. When will you reach the current episode of old version game, no continuing here. Really wasted my time on this. Dev you are neglected the old fans from the beginning who loves old story line. When will you reach old chapter, no I am out of this.

Either you continue from old version story or I am done.

2.40 star(s) 31 Votes