VN Ren'Py Black Diamond [v0.7f] [Deus Actum]

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but kind of tired of these, members bashing a new game before it's had a chance.
You're just limiting yourself in the long run. on the other hand, it's good to get the faultfinders out of the way. they can be left behind to stew in their malcontent.

The main character doesn't have to be introduced at the beginning, why follow the same old steps in creating a game,
mix it up. half the complaints here are on F95 are " it's the same old story"
Except there is no game to give it a chance. I would understand if there was a decent amount of content to actually playthrough, but this is literally a couple minutes. And it doesn't even give you any idea what the story is about and you don't even play as the so called "female protagonist" that the game is supposed to have.

First impressions are important if you want people to be interested in your game. This "game" gives a bad first impression, as it is no where near what the description says it is, and the tags are misleading. The story in the description is not what you see when you play the game. There is no Lydia, no 18 year old girl going to college in New York, you play as some guy running around a hospital while his wife is giving birth. That is literally the entire game right now.

What did you expect someone would say when they try out the game and it is nowhere near what the tags and description say it is? Have you even played this game?

ntrvip

Dec 15, 2020
Female protagonist with lot of corruption can be good! Watching this :cool:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
What did you expect someone would say when they try out the game and it is nowhere near what the tags and description say it is? Have you even played this game?
This would be called a prelude, the baby is the Protagonist, and the game will jump to an 18 yr Lydia in the next update.
Try to open your mind to other ways of telling a story.
I'm actually impressed with the demo, good writing with subtle hints of future elements, a little humor, and drama (did you catch the tall guy that bumped into the father or the missing doctor or the asteroid that's not there.) it's all a build-up to more story. don't give up on it yet, I think this is going to be a good one.
I think it's going to be an R-rated movie-type story vs an X-rated movie-type story.
Some members here what sex and little story, some want a story and some sex. it's not easy to make everyone happy.

Reactions: Cabin and redraw

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Quit whining, will ya? It's just a demo and you already written a whole toxic review.
In this stast what did you expect where there no female portagonist at all and you control over male protagonist choise who look some random hobo. With no story at all and you thing this a good game? I don't thing it good idead misleadin players without even some good amut of contets with female protagonist. That in this v0.1 Demo, I see nothing in game descritpton tell us. And you dare to call it toxic review? What else you expect that I gonna give it go without even female protagonist play time?

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
You're may be right but let's not forget there are old games on the top charts in here that take 4 months to release 20 minutes worth of content. Let's not bash a game with a name v.notevenademo
There are just 3 minut of content and don't even worthy of time. When I see Female portagonist I expect to play as such not controlling some kind hobo who bounch left and right and dumb into some man in meawhile. I don't at all. Just barly 3 minut barely 3 minut of playtime. And no female protagonist. I didin't bashing it. Just told what I saw while i played. A game with female leading and sadly You play barly 3 minuts of game iwth Male Protagonist. i could be better whole intro with just kinetic novel without even a controlling male character choise. I not bashing. It whort of try for who is male protagoonist type of player.

ther I see no choise on female protagonist Lydia of description of the game no where. And you dare talling me that I bashing it?

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I think the issue is as of now this is mistagged. It should be put in the genre spoiler for planned tags.
Somone said somenthing? I don't see no one just an ignored user.

Abutpanned tags. i couldn't do that du the fact staff or motheratedremoved it from my planned tags. If it ainst in game don't need to make a tag that ain't adult yet. for me itmisleading and Male Protagonist wasn't even into description of the game. It totaly misleading, badly.

Last edited:

Centar

Jun 26, 2017
why the separate links for win/mac/linus if i click on win link i get the 3 versions

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes