VN Ren'Py Black Diamond [v0.7f] [Deus Actum]

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah, that's why the first thing I do with lesbian female protagonist games is search "lesbian" in the thread (comments) to see if somebody asked about pure lesbian playthrough possibility and what they were answered.

You are right, the game is pretty early in development. I just expected more judging by what I saw in the comments lol.
Yeah i get it, as long if you can divide between honest comments about content in the game and the clowns who claim is only lesbian focused cause the MC is not instantly whoring out in the train scene. :unsure:

That's also the problem, there is a rather big amount of people in the comment section in most games that feature a lesbian route that talk shit about it's all about the FMC being waaaaayyyy to much focused on the lesbian part of the game, even if it's bs.
So someone actually looking for that kind of gamplay wonders why this said plot of the game doesn't come up earlier or at all.

Yeah as i said the lesbian tag is bs on here atm ...

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Concerning Edward I have a small bone to pick, but first I would like to congratulate the dev for some of the most realistic construction work I have seen in AVN to this point. So let's get into it.

First of, he starts his day at the right time. good start. but then when he comes back, he sais this:
screenshot0001.png
Normally you don't mix those two kind of works, residential and commercial or heavy residential depending on the type of skyscraper the project is. And you would have your whole day in one place usually. And finishing a house can mean a lot of things depending on his tasks. Anyways, the only way that he would do two jobs like that on the same day is if he works for a labor rental compagnie. There is also an other problem with working on a skyscraper starting midday. On bigger project, where I live, you have to participate in what we call a welcome meeting before you even set foot on the jobsite. Those meetings are usually at the start of the day and if you miss it you will be turned around and sent back home. So there is no way he would start there past 7h00 in the morning.

But then something worst happen:
screenshot0003.png
Ok that would not happen like this. Skyscrapers need a lot of concrete, especially the footings, pilar bases or pin caps. In one day you can easily pour in the hundreds of cubic meter of concrete. ( one cubic meter is roughly equivalent to one cubic verge.) You would not mix that by hand. If only because the concrete at this stage, all stage really, need a specific composition. Also it is usually caried from an of site concrete plant by truck. And the typical truck can only carry up to 8 cubic meter or for a semi 12 meter. So imagine trying to mix concrete by hand for let's say only a hundred cubic meter that a technician will then evaluate to document the composition and proprieties.... yhea not happening. I can see three common scenario in which he would enter in contact with concrete powder. the destruction of an over pour of concrete with a jackhammer or kango, the mixing of cement for concrete finissions or the mixing of mortar for block divisions. The later, the more likely. The task involve you using a tumble mixer with a overhanging silo from which you pour ciment and mix with water. Depending on the age of machinery and experience of the worker a lot of dust can get airborne.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here is the sad and I will also comment on the part about working with no mask or gloves.
screenshot0004.png
He does not have long to live. We don't see him with a cigarette so those might be sings of the early stages of silicosis. Especially if his boss did not provide him with the appropriate protection equipment. If he was on a skyscraper jobsite the responsable person for safety and health would have stopped him. Also, at least here, safety mesures have been reenforced to prevent the professional disease. Any job you do in which you might be in contact with silica necessitate more than one prevention mesure. For example piercing a small hole ti fix a screw in concrete necessitate a mask, either of a water source during the piercing or a HEPA vacuum and a perimeter to prevent other workers to be near you while you work. Even something as simple as brooming a floor is complicated if the dust and dirt might contain silica. You need to close of the entire floor wear a mask and either wet the floor to prevent the dust from lifting in the air or wear an hazmat suit. This disease is serious. Some of the mesures implemented look draconian and overexaggerated but they are new. Depending on the form of the disease he might have as low as a year to live. A classic example of how pernicious a pulmonary disease like that can be is an asbestos mine worker coming home and his wife contracting the disease while putting his closes in the washing machine and dying from it.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
He does not have long to live.
Well good riddance if you ask me .. i play the game for the corruption of Lydia and all the other female LI's so i couldn't care less about Eddie getting that dust lung :BootyTime: (a happy lesbian orgy).

Jokes aside occupational safety is a top prio of course, have to break a lance for that for sure !

But damn this game will contain magical elements in the future, so realism is not really something i would associate with it.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
it sure was ... gonna try to ask the dev about the new update in discord .. (pushing that whole comic thingy seems like bs imo :cautious:!)
Depending on how big the comic is, the v0.8 update for Black Diamond may be the only update we receive this year as we know he does work pretty slow..

• Sad
Reactions: Birdnman993

tannerjd2007

Sep 9, 2017
Since ep1 first dropped I was subbed to this game.. literally one his very first patrons if not the first, but with this announcement I Finally pulled the plug.. I'm all for supporting the project if it has a future... but right now I'm seriously skeptical.

JustAUser89

Jun 11, 2018
Am I the only one hyped up about the comics? If they're even half as well-written as BD, we'll have a solid finished story instead of waiting endlessly for updates that likely won't have any smut.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
Kinda late with the update regarding asking the dev what's going on

-----------------------------------

Discord chat ->>

Sub 1 = Any news regarding the update?
Sub 2 = I do wonder myself, i would like to have an update about the game itself, supporting ya since pretty much the beginning but your updates are getting kinda slow right now. Also personally i don't care about the comics that's not why i subbed to begin with !

DEV = And you'll get one as soon as I finish coding it. As you know, coding has always been a challenge for me, so I can't speed up the process beyond my capabilities."

Mind you this was a conversation 6 days ago

So yeah dev is still active it seems ...

DanteDamonic

Apr 1, 2023
Kinda late with the update regarding asking the dev what's going on

Discord chat ->>

Sub 1 = Any news regarding the update?
Sub 2 = I do wonder myself, i would like to have an update about the game itself, supporting ya since pretty much the beginning but your updates are getting kinda slow right now. Also personally i don't care about the comics that's not why i subbed to begin with !

DEV = And you'll get one as soon as I finish coding it. As you know, coding has always been a challenge for me, so I can't speed up the process beyond my capabilities."

Mind you this was a conversation 6 days ago

So yeah dev is still active it seems ...
If he sucks at coding why not hire a coder facepalm

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Hell if he is getting paid support and would get away from the comic nonsense he sense he should be able to afford it
you mean to give most of the income he gets from the game, if any, to someone else. After assets, taxes, hardware, software and maybe formation not much is left generally. I havent looked to estimate how much come in each month admittedly.

DanteDamonic

Apr 1, 2023
you mean to give most of the income he gets from the game, if any, to someone else. After assets, taxes, hardware, software and maybe formation not much is left generally. I havent looked to estimate how much come in each month admittedly.
Ok well I haven't done the math on it but I do know with anything good comes cost and from what I have heard he doesn't seem to finish many projects cause he gets sidetracked with other stuff and I am just hoping he will see this one through

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

JustAUser89

Jun 11, 2018
Ok well I haven't done the math on it but I do know with anything good comes cost and from what I have heard he doesn't seem to finish many projects cause he gets sidetracked with other stuff and I am just hoping he will see this one through
You don't need to do the math when graphtreon does it for ya buddy and according to it he barely scrapes $170 per month. Can't blame the guy for taking commissions and doing other projects when BD simply isn't paying for them assets.

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
You don't need to do the math when graphtreon does it for ya buddy and according to it he barely scrapes $170 per month. Can't blame the guy for taking commissions and doing other projects when BD simply isn't paying for them assets.

Which sucks, because this game is great

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes